We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
MY first time with GVG Options

MySmelf
#21 Posted : 7/17/2010 7:59:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The VG or GVG uses a ceramic filter to block the flame from entering the vaporization chamber. I think a butane lighter would only vaporize the DMT faster allowing for less effort and a quicker intake of spice.

I would be really surprised to see a VG/GVG destroy spice.
Its the MeICNU

I am only someone's imaginary Smelf posting from hyperspace.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

gibran2
#22 Posted : 7/17/2010 9:02:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

MySmelf wrote:
The VG or GVG uses a ceramic filter to block the flame from entering the vaporization chamber. I think a butane lighter would only vaporize the DMT faster allowing for less effort and a quicker intake of spice.

I would be really surprised to see a VG/GVG destroy spice.

Also, using a butane “jet” lighter eliminates the possibility of soot clogging the ceramic diffuser. From my experience, it is impossible to burn spice using the GVG (and I assume the VG as well). I am usually very aggressive with the lighter, and I’ve never managed to burn spice.

That is the beauty of the GVG!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Dimitrius
#23 Posted : 7/18/2010 12:53:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gobalswg wrote:
TrustLoveMan wrote:
I was just looking at the VG and GVG. Why is the glass one better? The bowl will get really hot right? So you can't repack it after going at it with a butane lighter. Also, It uses ceramic as well. So it does the same thing, but with the unbreakable structure of glass.
The original is half the price of the glass version. Am I missing something here?

I'm not quite sure I follow why you're using a butane lighter. If the heat of a normal flame is often too hot for spice, then butane would instantly destroy it I would think. For cannabis as well, I don't think butane is a good idea. As far as I knew, the only thing butane was good for (and really good at that) is for smoking salvia, since you need the really high temperature to release the salvinorin A.

The butane torch allows for much more control. It takes less time to heat the chamber, so there will be less lung capacity expended for the 'heat it up' part of the draw. And last, but not least, there's no fluttering flame, which can be annoying.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Global
#24 Posted : 7/18/2010 6:40:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I see...it should seem I'll have to get my butane out of storage then...
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

broove
#25 Posted : 11/10/2010 8:08:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I got my GVG today aswell and decided to take the spice for the first time. Then I realised that I can't put more than 5 screens inside my genie. How do you guys do that? The first two went in nicely, the 3rd started to bend making a bowl, the 5th was an even deeper bowl and hardly went in. But the 6th just pops out. I tried that a couple of times with the same result.

Anyway, I was eager to make my first trip, so I ended up with 2 straight and 3 bowl-like screens. Unfortunately, most of the stuff went through screens and now is on the bottom. I felt dizzyness, but no breaktrhough. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the screens, because I haven't seen this problem discussed here.

gibran2
#26 Posted : 11/10/2010 8:14:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

broove wrote:
I got my GVG today aswell and decided to take the spice for the first time. Then I realised that I can't put more than 5 screens inside my genie. How do you guys do that? The first two went in nicely, the 3rd started to bend making a bowl, the 5th was an even deeper bowl and hardly went in. But the 6th just pops out. I tried that a couple of times with the same result.

Anyway, I was eager to make my first trip, so I ended up with 2 straight and 3 bowl-like screens. Unfortunately, most of the stuff went through screens and now is on the bottom. I felt dizzyness, but no breaktrhough. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the screens, because I haven't seen this problem discussed here.

Use some copper mesh instead.
gibran2 attached the following image(s):
screen1.1.jpg (34kb) downloaded 62 time(s).
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

DMTripper
#27 Posted : 11/10/2010 11:23:14 PM

John Murdoch IV

And inhale slowly.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

broove
#28 Posted : 11/11/2010 7:23:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Allright, I'll do that. Thank you both for suggestions.

PREV12