We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
anyone have trouble with enhanced leaf not drying? Options

theoneandonlyfat
#1 Posted : 4/29/2008 9:35:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

my last batch of dmt was dissolved in acetone then some weed was added and i left it outside to evap. after a few days the acetone was gone but the weed was still quite wet and sticky. it resembled black tar. even after another week in the sun it would not dry out????

What caused this? i wanna make another batch soon but dont want this same sticky crap.

Coshi have you got any idea???? you seem to know the most about this enhanced leaf!!!!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 4/29/2008 2:01:17 PM

The Great Namah

I always used IPA or ethanol as my solvent when making enhanced leaf. It's never been a problem before.

Also DMT in the sun is not the best idea. I believe sunlight degrades it pretty quickly.

Could be residue from your acetone. Have you evaped a good quantity of that to see if there are any leftovers?
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

adrian89987
#3 Posted : 4/29/2008 2:13:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What kind of ratio did you use?

When I use a 1:1 ratio it is visibly sticky from the dmt crystals being in such a high concentration.

Viracocha
#4 Posted : 4/30/2008 12:29:26 AM

..still lc..

If you used buds then what you've done is ripped out a whole lot of the oils from the bud that has now laquered the whole thing. Weed isn't the best choice imo anyway, my favorite is Pau D'Arco leaf/shredded bark mix, it burns great and tastes smooth. 1:1 of brugmansia leaf:flower also works perfectly, but the experience can be differed a lot

How was your starting dmt material?
Once I had a similar thing, the solvent evaporated fine (no smell left) but it was real oily. I did start with fairly oily dmt though. In the end I put it under a fan overnight and it dried perfectly - a little too perfectly, absolute bitch to break up