We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelic Eggnog Anyone? Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 6/28/2010 10:44:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok so it’s not the holiday season yet, but SWIM just had an extremely pleasant nutmeg oil trip a few days ago and started thinking about eggnog.

I have made homemade eggnog before. One of the main spices used in eggnog is nutmeg. Eggnog is basically a mix of milk and eggs, cooked to make watered down custard that’s mixed with cream, sweetened and flavored with nutmeg and a few other spices.

The eggs in the eggnog act as an emulsifier allowing oils to mix with milk. That means if you used nutmeg oil instead of the typical nutmeg powder to add spice to the eggnog, because of the eggs, the oil would stay mixed into the eggnog. It wouldn’t separate.

That got me thinking, since SWIM had such a pleasurable experience with nutmeg oil a few days ago, what if you made eggnog using nutmeg oil, and added a little more than you normally would. Lets say about 0.25 ml per cup. Would the nutmeg oil flavor be way too dominant at that amount? Would it ruin the eggnog? Or would the sweetness of the eggnog counter the nutmeg spiciness?

Well, SWIM is going to test this out. He really greatly enjoyed the nutmeg oil trip and thinks it would be cool to have a nice tasting psychedelic drink. This would be GREAT for the holidays when you have enough time off from work to be able to enjoy a 36 hour nutmeg trip.

Has anyone else tried this? Is the taste too strong?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Kannamate
#2 Posted : 6/28/2010 7:18:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

is the oil really that strong tasting I don't know how strong the oil is compared to the powder only ever had powder, but 1-2 teaspoons wasn't that bad.

69ron
#3 Posted : 6/28/2010 9:53:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nutmeg oil is approved by the FDA for use as a food flavoring.

I've never tasted the oil on its own to compare it to nutmeg powder, so I don't know how strong tasting it is. When SWIM used it a few days ago as a psychedelic it was placed in a capsule, so it was never tasted.

The taste is probably about the same as the powder I imagine, you just need to use far less.

Most people say you need 1-5 ml to trip on nutmeg oil, but SWIM can trip mildly off of 0.25 ml. It’s mild but extremely pleasant.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

polytrip
#4 Posted : 6/28/2010 10:15:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Doesn't coca cola contain nutmeg oil?
Maybe you could make some sort of psychedelic tonic with coca-leaves, cola nut's, nutmeg oil and some other stuff like sassafras end elemi-oil.

69ron
#5 Posted : 6/29/2010 1:31:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Doesn't coca cola contain nutmeg oil?

Yes, Coca Cola contains nutmeg oil, a tiny bit, as well as many other essential oils. I think the large amount of sugar present helps keep them dissolved, sort of acting like an emulsifier?

polytrip wrote:
Maybe you could make some sort of psychedelic tonic with coca-leaves, cola nut's, nutmeg oil and some other stuff like sassafras end elemi-oil.

That's an interesting idea. You could even make it into a soda with seltzer water.

The reason I thought of eggnog is because I have a suspicion that eggnog long ago used to contain much more nutmeg then it currently does, enough for it to produce slight effects. The history of eggnog is not a clear cut history. There’s a lot of debate about it’s history. It’s a drink made to get you drunk. Adding enough nutmeg to feel it a little would very likely improve the feeling of the alcohol.

This is just an idea. There is no evidence behind it.

The eggnog I'm thinking of would use nutmeg oil as the intoxicant, and be alcohol free.

69ron
#6 Posted : 6/29/2010 1:37:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does the term, "that guy is nuts", come from nutmeg? I mean, if you ate enough nutmeg nuts, you'd act pretty crazy.

Is this term related at all?

Kannamate
#7 Posted : 6/29/2010 5:46:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

seems possible but would people enjoy taking nutmeg in high doses which I read would make it more of a deliriant especially considering the duration?

69ron
#8 Posted : 6/29/2010 9:37:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Most people have only had experience with old dried nutmeg sold at the grocery store, and really have no idea just how nice nutmeg oil is. SWIM’s experience with a low psychedelic dose of nutmeg oil was as pleasant as LSD, mushroom, mescaline, etc. It was way more pleasant than untreated HBWR seeds. I would say it was a 4 star experience, as good as LSD, while untreated HBWR is maybe a 2 star experience.

Some people do enjoy eating fresh nutmegs. There is a big difference between fresh and old nutmeg:

* Fresh nutmegs are more psychedelic and less toxic than old nutmeg powder.

* Nutmeg oil is responsible for the psychedelic effects of nutmeg.

* As the nuts age, they lose a lot of their oil and so they lose a lot of their psychedelic effects, however, they still remain very toxic. Extremely old nutmeg will give you tons of side effects and pretty much no psychedelic effects.

rOm
#9 Posted : 6/29/2010 4:09:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM got to put his hand on nutmeg oil now...
He got a single 4 stars experience with whole nutmeg and never managed to repeat it.

About the eggnog, it could be a good recipe, I always add nutmeg on eggs and cheese and it's definitely the spice to go for this type of food.
A psychedelic coca-cola sound even better but you need to get these coca leaves first and a bunch of pharmacopoeia.

About "this guy being nuts", that would make a lot of sense, SWIM remember when the first nutmeg trip went smooth, he was well excited and excentric, yet not deliriant.
It was such an ease to joke around that poeple would notice he was in a fucking good mood.

Something to dig, that's for sure.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

69ron
#10 Posted : 6/29/2010 8:32:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think maybe its good that the majority of the nutmeg first tries are done by people using old, dry, almost inactive nutmeg powder purchased at the grocery store. That stuff causes mostly unpleasant side effects. You’re lucky if it doesn’t. I think that has helped to keep nutmeg legal.

If people had their first try using nutmeg oil, the percentage of good trip reports would be much higher and the DEA would probably look into banning it.

The vast majority of the reports are based on old dry nutmeg powder and consist of reports like “it made me sick for 2 days and I didn’t even get high”, and “yeah I got some effects from it, but the side effects were horrible, it wasn’t worth it”, and “the taste was so bad going down I almost vomited it all up. I’ll never do it again.”

If you search all the reports, you’ll find that people who love nutmeg as a psychedelic and use it repeatedly usually use either fresh whole nuts or nutmeg oil.

If you use nutmeg oil, you can put a 0.5-1 ml dose in a capsule. There’s no taste at all.

I don’t understand why someone would down several grams of old, almost inactive powder, when they can just take a capsule of nutmeg oil, which is guaranteed to be very active and strongly psychedelic compared to the powder. It just doesn’t make sense. Nutmeg oil is easy to get. It’s 100% legal everywhere I know of. Why bother with the old powder. Pretty much everyone says it’s less effective, and full of side effects.

People don’t do their homework I guess. They hear that nutmeg is psychedelic. Then instead of trying the most pleasant, most psychedelic method, where you put nutmeg oil in capsules, 99% of the people opt for the most unpleasant method of nutmeg use, swallowing a huge amount of old almost inactive powder purchased at the grocery store. In SWIM’s first nutmeg attempt he used old powder purchased at the grocery store and he got no effects. The taste was horrible and it was very hard to down all of it, so SWIM never tried it again until just recently after learning about nutmeg oil.

If you wanted coffee, you would not buy a bunch of raw coffee beans and eat them. That’s the most unpleasant way to use coffee. This is what people are doing with nutmeg. Instead of using the pre-extracted nutmeg oil, which contains the actives, they are using raw, old nutmeg powder, which is almost void of the actives, and full of toxins.

Nutmeg has such a bad reputation because of this. Look at how few people have posted in this thread. If this thread was about making eggnog with LSD, it would have 10 times as many posts in it.

Anyway, SWIM loved the low dose nutmeg oil experience and will be repeating it again in the future. At the dose used its better than HBWR, by far. The only downside was that it lasted 36 hours.