We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
essential oils/perfumero.. Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 6/28/2010 12:30:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Not sure if this belongs here, but these things are psychoactive so..

You ever seen those candy raver kids at raves and psy parties on MDMA doing the funny little rituals inhaling vicks vapo rub?..well I have and it got me thinking..

Essential oils have been inhaled in a similar fasion for a long time, and there are long establishd perfumero traditions like the ones of south america all over the world..

Ive been getting super interested in using esstial oils and terpene containing herbs in psychedelic ceremonies..I really like to make a singado sort of tea to snuff during powerful psychedelic ceremonies, made with various sages and mugwort..I also have a small amber bottle or orange oil I like to use as a sort of aroma therapy durring these ceremonies.

I just made an infused olive oil a few days ago with tons of fresh lavander and mugwort. I planned at first on making a sort of flying ointment with mugwort to try out since it works so well for dreamin when I drink it, but I became more and more interested in a sort of mild "flying ointment" mix that also had theraputic aromatherapy effects..so I added all the lavander as well..it smells nice but still needs to sit for a few weeks..

I also find that when I take a bit of rosemary and rub it in my hands and then inhale the scent I get a very noticable psychoactive effect..not too strongor anything, just a very very clear energizing effect that is short lived..I really like it and want to make some sort of infused oil with rosemary as well now, I think its effects would go great durring psychedelic ceremonies.

Now, back to vicks vapo rub and mdma..rosemary smells so much like vicks to me, and has that same clearing effect from the terpenes in it..and I am curious as to how these oils would act when inhaled inthe same fasion while under the influece of mescaline cact, and other phens..would it potentiate in a similar fasion?

This is interesting..

"Rosemary Mental/Psyche Effects:
Increasing Memorization - Recent studies of Harvard college students proved that using aromas during study time increased the student's ability to memorize key facts and concepts and increased test performances.
Mental Concentration and Stimulation - Rosemary helps boost recall and mental clarity by working directly on the central nervous system.
Decreases Fatigue and Mild Depression - Fatigue and depression brought on by weariness or feeling "run down" are relieved by the stimulating and energizing effects of rosemary essential oil."

Taken from..
http://aromatherapy.suit...ry_essential_oil_profile

If anyone has more info on essential oils and their use in pychedelic ceremonies, and the tradition of perfumero in general, it would be greatly appreciated.
Long live the unwoke.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PsilocybeChild
#2 Posted : 6/28/2010 1:11:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow, very interested in this..
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Dimitrius
#3 Posted : 6/28/2010 1:48:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't have any information on the use of essential oils in ceremonies, but I think you will appreciate this site:

http://www.floracopeia.com/
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

jamie
#4 Posted : 6/28/2010 3:38:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^hey cool thanks for that!
Long live the unwoke.

burnt
#5 Posted : 6/28/2010 8:42:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Essential oils have a wide range of bioactivity. However I don't know if I would necessarily call some of those effects psychoactive. Yes some do boost memory, stimulate and sedate but its not like your consciousness is altered.

A strong cup of lavender tea will sedate me but its not like psychoactive.

Terpenes can alter or increase the effects of drugs in a number of ways:

increasing cerebral blood flow

increasing absorption of certain substance by disturbing membranes

inhibiting enzymes involved in breakdown of certain neurotransmitters or drugs

they also sometimes interact with receptors more directly although its important to pay attention to the dose used to see if its pharmacologically relavent. many studies use doses approaching 100mg/kg in some animal model which is just crazy and doesn't say anything about human consumption at normal food or therapeutic doses.

if your really into essential oils distilling or making products out of oils (creams etc) is fun.

rOm
#6 Posted : 3/19/2012 6:20:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think diffusing oils in ayahuasca can bring something.
As they aren't psychoactive per-se but help direct the experience.
Next ayahuasca will be preceed by sublingual salvia tincture and aroma diffusing of palo santo essential oil.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

entheogenadvocate
#7 Posted : 3/20/2012 12:23:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just started getting into essential oils in the last few months. I purchased a nebulizer that is capable of diffusing oils in a way where multiple rooms become permeated with whatever aroma you choose.

For my aya brew last Saturday, I started off with a sage smudge as I normally do, but then diffused Tea Tree throughout my home as kind of a secondary purification. It really set a fresh tone to the journey.

About an hour or so into the experience, I switched it up and placed half lavender and half lemon grass into the nebulizer. It added calming and uplifting vibes.

If I can remember what song I was listening to during a peak entheogenic experience, that song will continue to give me goosebumps pretty much anytime I hear it in the future. I'm curious to see if essential oils will have the same effect.

On a side note, diffusing lavender in your room right before you falls asleep is a blissful practice.

Peace and Happy Journeys Smile
All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

Oneiroi
#8 Posted : 4/24/2012 4:55:08 AM

Tim

^ No way, nebulizers can diffuse essential oils? I have one for asthma that I rarely use anymore. Maybe I could fire it up and use it for some essential oils. Very happy
Anything I say is completely false and should not be taken seriously.

rOm
#9 Posted : 5/20/2012 8:38:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nebulizing EO is the best way to have an aromatherapy session, this way you keep all the medecinals properties of the plant intact.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !