We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
selling DMT? Options

Spock's Brain
#1 Posted : 4/28/2008 11:41:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone ever heard of someone selling, or getting busted for selling? I've seen it posted everywere "don't sell it!" But it now seems to me that to anyone whose ever done it, that to sell it would be like an absurd form of blasphemy... like a sin against agains God, and/or the universe. Smile SWIM wants to give it away... Smile It seems like selling it would be like a Christian charging people to tell them about Jesus!!!
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

El Ka Bong
#2 Posted : 4/29/2008 12:22:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mid launch, I've heard myself thinking, right in the middle of the rising terrified rush of extasy .. " OMFG ! .. I Would never wish this upon anyone..!" .. and I've wondered if I would ever be forgiven by my friends if this happened to them. But then you know ... it all goes well.

So even giving away dmt is a potential hazard !~

It's implicit - you must not sell dmt. There is little 'recreational' purpose in trying dmt, so how can it sell to the masses..? It is hardly one of those 'chemical-amusement-aids'. You get that message a million fold once back from a journey - don't misuse the sacrament, which includes not selling it.

Bartering dmt for another sacrament might be a fair way to exchange it.

DrParadox
#3 Posted : 4/29/2008 12:39:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree with everything said...

Plus are you a professional chemist? Just how confident are you in the purity of your product anyway? Do you know? Got equipment (e.g. GCMS) to measure purity? Taking it yourself is one thing (ethically as well as legally), selling it to someone else is something altogether different. At least in SWIM's opinion.

Spock's Brain
#4 Posted : 4/29/2008 12:43:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I meant one realizes that one must only "give away" the experience... to those close and willing, and dully warned... freely, and happily... and without cost.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 4/29/2008 2:54:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes, I agree, it seems to be totally missing the point of the whole experience if one sold this..

what one could wonder, though, is how ethical it would be to use it as an exchange currency? Like, lets say, someone would have a bottle of some nice clean acid, and someone else would have some extra spice.. Would it be wrong to change some spice for the acid, considering this person wouldnt be selling the acid after they got it but also giving away to friends?

modsquad09
#6 Posted : 4/29/2008 3:18:23 AM

mods

endlessness wrote:
yes, I agree, it seems to be totally missing the point of the whole experience if one sold this..

what one could wonder, though, is how ethical it would be to use it as an exchange currency? Like, lets say, someone would have a bottle of some nice clean acid, and someone else would have some extra spice.. Would it be wrong to change some spice for the acid, considering this person wouldnt be selling the acid after they got it but also giving away to friends?

swim bought his, it was good... he didnt want to deal with making it( failed once)
But he shared it with 2 out of 4 friends who were WILLING for FREE. Thats just common curtosy, the person he aquired it from isnt a close freind, just a dealer.

I agree, i think everyone should be told of the spice(well cool people ;]), it is like not telling someone that god exists when u know it and have been to heaven and have the power to show others.. ya know.
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

varun
#7 Posted : 4/29/2008 4:12:45 AM

jo_cosmic

Friends and i thought of selling some. people who tried ours loved it and wanted to buy some. Then we decided against it. We told them to do the research and acquire it themselves. Its actually got them reading and researching. We answer their queries but thats all. They are doing the work themselves. Its cool to map their progress because these are people who would never have read anything at all and probably didnt go to school past year nine. I think they will enjoy their dmt a lot more this way.
SWEETEST LULLABY'S EMANATE FROM THE CORE OF MY BELIEFS COMFORTING THE SLEEP...OR WAS THAT FEAR??!!

theoneandonlyfat
#8 Posted : 4/29/2008 7:33:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

yes sellin it has crossed my mind but with the effort involved in making it you would have to sell it for such a high price to be worth your while. like varun said its better to point them in the right direction to make it themselves. i first tried dmt that i bought from a shop but i can tell you that breaking through on your own extraction is much more fullfilling!!!

Sinewave
#9 Posted : 4/29/2008 7:34:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Before I learned how to make I asked a purveyor of goods what the cost would be. He said some 4** per gram "When it's around".
That seemed absurd to me when I knew I could just as well make my own ayahuasca, and possibly spice.

acolon_5
#10 Posted : 4/29/2008 1:56:49 PM

The Great Namah

varun wrote:
Friends and i thought of selling some. people who tried ours loved it and wanted to buy some. Then we decided against it. We told them to do the research and acquire it themselves. Its actually got them reading and researching. We answer their queries but thats all. They are doing the work themselves. Its cool to map their progress because these are people who would never have read anything at all and probably didnt go to school past year nine. I think they will enjoy their dmt a lot more this way.

Yes this is so true. I have a friend that wanted to purchase some from me and thought that I wanted to keep the extraction a secret! Instead of selling and making much needed $$$ I showed him step by step how the extraction is done. Helping him to become self-sufficient was a great joy of mine.

The reason I personally am very against selling the spice is complex. One reason is that I believe it is a sacred chemical. Another is because I do not want to draw ANY more media/DEA attention to this than necessary. If DMT starts showing up in high schools and causing problems in the hands of irresponsible youth we could very quickly see some of our DMT containing plants become very hard to get very quickly. The last reason is that selling DMT, to me, can be dangerous, not only for me but for people who just don't know its power. DMT in the wrong hands could become a problem (think 1st timer trying it while driving down the highway, or drunk people stumbling around a campfire).

I would much rather encourage responsible use by walking people through their first time. Explaining how to correctly smoke it, letting them find a comfy position on a bed or on the floor. Once they know what it does, and how it affects them I am more comfortable giving them a few doses, sharing vendors, pointing them in the direction of this site, and offering help with extraction problems.

Just my $0.02.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Spock's Brain
#11 Posted : 4/29/2008 5:38:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AMEN brethren...

DaedalManifoldingTranscendence
#12 Posted : 4/29/2008 6:53:34 PM

Matthew

acolon_5 wrote:
varun wrote:

Yes this is so true. I have a friend that wanted to purchase some from me and thought that I wanted to keep the extraction a secret! Instead of selling and making much needed $$$ I showed him step by step how the extraction is done. Helping him to become self-sufficient was a great joy of mine.

The reason I personally am very against selling the spice is complex. One reason is that I believe it is a sacred chemical. Another is because I do not want to draw ANY more media/DEA attention to this than necessary. If DMT starts showing up in high schools and causing problems in the hands of irresponsible youth we could very quickly see some of our DMT containing plants become very hard to get very quickly. The last reason is that selling DMT, to me, can be dangerous, not only for me but for people who just don't know its power. DMT in the wrong hands could become a problem (think 1st timer trying it while driving down the highway, or drunk people stumbling around a campfire).

I would much rather encourage responsible use by walking people through their first time. Explaining how to correctly smoke it, letting them find a comfy position on a bed or on the floor. Once they know what it does, and how it affects them I am more comfortable giving them a few doses, sharing vendors, pointing them in the direction of this site, and offering help with extraction problems.

Just my $0.02.

Exactly what I believe as well, if a friend of SWIMs really wants to buy some off SWIM. ( Which most people rather purchase it then learn how to do it themselves it seems? ) Then what he does, is have the friend purchase the supplies. SWIM then tries to show friend how to do it themselves and will take whatever product friend decides to donate, if anything. If they aren't interested ( For some reason, most people don't think they can do it. Even after SWIM giving them a pep talk on the ease of the project, person declines 1/2 the time. ) then SWIM just does it himself. Once finished SWIM will then give friend agreed percent of the yield. ( SWIM usually takes 30% of final yield if friend doesn't want to learn how to do it themselves as payment for his time. ) SWIM sees this as a suitable loophole / way of spreading the "word" without molestation or the defiling of substances spiritual meaning and value. Or sometimes it's just an easy way to get people off your back who really want to " purchase " DMT and wont take no as an answer. But really SWIM doesn't generally speak of DMT outside of this forum.

SWIM also believes that DMT will find you, and that introducing DMT to friends, even though very tempting and potentially uplifting when the outcome of the session is positive. Introducing someone to DMT WILL VASTLY alter a persons life. Perhaps COMPLETELY altering the course of their life. I know it for SWIM. So SWIM rarely offers DMT to people unless they already have begun their search and SWIM just happens to be the keeper of the holy grail. Which you can't let get to your head because it can be a difficult and bothersome issue, especially when it comes to the idea of choosing who gets to experience this wonderful thing and who doesn't. Not only do you have to worry about altering the course of another's life, potential dangers from using psychedelic substances, deciding the proper use of the substance, being forced to judge a persons soul and see their true moral and spiritual character and also coming to terms with the issue of whether or not it's really your choice if someone should experience it or not and if you believe it's not your choice, then how do you deal with the fact that you feel a responsibility to share this experience with others with may not be ready at the moment or maybe will never be ready?

( P.S. I'm not saying as the writer of this post what my opinion on the topic of " who should use DMT and who should not, and is it my responsibility to supply seekers, or is it up to them to find their own means. Mostly because I am confused myself on what the right thing to do is. Perhaps we could discuss these issues as well.) I see people like SWIM and others on this board as sort of Keepers or the truth, or almost as priests who give out the Eucharist during mass. I believe that if you are part of the Christian faith that you can't be refused the Eucharist during communion. As keepers of this sacred secret do we have the right to deny a person who seeks it? Just like they often don't let children drink the wine during communion until they are of age. Or where we perhaps all " chosen ", is it our moral and spiritual responsibility to know, choose and if need be turn away pilgrims looking to make this voyage to my personal holy land. It raises a lot of moral, legal, and spiritual questions for me personally.

old Dead Head
#13 Posted : 4/29/2008 6:59:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You are GOD & you sell yourselves 24/7! It's no different than selling a tire so someone can get to the next show! Money is just amedium of exchange,or a tool if you will!It's all about intent!!!!! S.w.i.m. sold.bought,traded.gave,took& anythingelse it took to get to the next show. The trick is to show as many heads who will really listen! PEACE! Look into your own heart for the answer to all things!

Sinewave
#14 Posted : 4/29/2008 7:29:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't sell it to friends, I can't bring myself to do it. Some have offered donations, and that is good because making it isn't free.

Has anyone ever brought it to a festival?

old Dead Head
#15 Posted : 4/29/2008 7:47:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

OF Course!!!!!!

old Dead Head
#16 Posted : 4/29/2008 7:48:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is'nt it still all part of the first ACID test!

karma1485
#17 Posted : 4/30/2008 1:50:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sinewave wrote:

Has anyone ever brought it to a festival?

it is becoming more and more common.

Happiness and peace. Those are really the prime issues in human existence. That is what all of us are seeking. ~ H. Gunaratana Mahathera

karma1485
#18 Posted : 4/30/2008 3:55:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
[quote=varun]The reason I personally am very against selling the spice is complex. One reason is that I believe it is a sacred chemical. Another is because I do not want to draw ANY more media/DEA attention to this than necessary. If DMT starts showing up in high schools and causing problems in the hands of irresponsible youth we could very quickly see some of our DMT containing plants become very hard to get very quickly. The last reason is that selling DMT, to me, can be dangerous, not only for me but for people who just don't know its power. DMT in the wrong hands could become a problem (think 1st timer trying it while driving down the highway, or drunk people stumbling around a campfire).

Very wonderful thoughts. I also enjoy walking people through their first time and encouraging people to extract or giving it away or trading it. But I think its crazy to think of DMT as something that should not be sold. Trade... Sell.. all the same thing. Plus $400 a g.??!! NO WAY. The prices that I see are more like $70-$200 a g. depending on how well you know and love the distributor. People who extract know... or should know how powerful of a substance that they are dealing with and act accordingly. SPREAD THAT LOVE <3 <3
Happiness and peace. Those are really the prime issues in human existence. That is what all of us are seeking. ~ H. Gunaratana Mahathera

Big Inhale
#19 Posted : 4/30/2008 5:07:28 PM

The Enlightend One

I think its okay to sell enough to get your supply money back
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

El Ka Bong
#20 Posted : 5/1/2008 7:47:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I give away 10 times more than I consume ... oddly enough it seems the thing to do.

12NEXT