We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
My first experience and why I want to fully join the Nexus Options

Rivea
#1 Posted : 6/26/2010 7:43:12 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Hi Everyone,

I am a guy in his 50's who grew up with various psychedelic experiences involving MJ, mushrooms, mescaline, and of course LSD. I took a long break from psychedelics starting from 1982 until this month and from alcohol and methamphetamine starting in 1993. I see no use for alcohol, MJ, or methamphetamine any more in my life. However, an experience at my holistic MD's office during Neural Therapy which involves IV Procaine HCL convinced me that something very useful would be gained if I once again explored the realm of psychedelics.

I have been lurking around this site as a guest without a profile for a few months now, and I have been reading about Ayahuasca, extractions, and many trip reports. I also have been reading other sites especially those discussing Ayahuasca.

I have recently read several books such as parts of the Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants, The Road to Eleusis, DMT: The Spirit Molecule, and Supernatural among others to become more informed. After reading the Cosmic Serpent, I decided to learn how to brew an analog of Ayahuasca made from Rue and Mimosa.

I did this at the beginning of June and I was absolutely floored by the two experiences. Both journeys were visual, auditory and very emotional. The second experience was longer and much more intense although I consumed approximately the same amount of ingredients both times. I traveled back in time to my very early childhood and experienced sounds and my emotions as an infant/toddler, I saw rooms with incredible geometric kaleidoscopic shapes that morphed and swirled, I saw the insides of molecules, and I saw iridescent blue-green 'gumby' like entities that danced right in front of me. I could go on and on. This experience was without a purge, and lasted approximately 3.5 hours.

You may think that I am nuts, but I have been working with Energy Medicine to help me integrate these two experiences so that I can maximize my growth and the benefit of consuming this entheogen.

For my next journies I would like to try smoking DMT. I am currently working on an A/B extraction using acetic acid. I have done the acid pulls and will next basify and extract into ACS petroleum ether. Finally I will freeze precipitate this.

Consequently, I would like to fully join the Nexus community as a full contributing member. I have posted only a few other times, but I have started corresponding with another user, and I enjoy chatting here when the participants combine serious discussions with their wonderfully warped humor.

I also want to thank the organizers of the Nexus and the other members for making this such a wonderful and valuable resource.

Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 6/26/2010 8:18:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wonderful introduction, i would love to have you around Smile

AstraLex
#3 Posted : 6/26/2010 1:09:14 PM

Russian-Orthodox Christian

Yes, welcome to our crib Razz
I took the red pill.

ragabr
#4 Posted : 6/26/2010 4:46:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cheers, welcome to the Nexus! Good to have you around.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Big Inhale
#5 Posted : 6/26/2010 5:01:48 PM

The Enlightend One

I think you will be a welcome addition. Keep us updated on your extraction.Also I recommend researching Changa.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Rivea
#6 Posted : 6/28/2010 5:45:44 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

I am having great success on my first A/B extraction starting with 100 grams of MHRB. Here are the steps I took:

1) I used 5% acetic acid and did two overnight simmering pulls on powdered MHRB with each pull running at about 50-60 deg C. I ended up with about 1.5 liters of supernatent that was 5X darker than cabernet savignon.

2) I used heat just at the point of boiling to reduce the acid supernatent to approximately 150 ml.

3) I slowly mixed about 20 grams of lye into 150 ml of water in a 500 ml beaker until fully disolved.

4) I split the 150 ml of acid supernatent equally into two 500 ml beakers. Into each beaker I poured approximately 75 ml of lye solution mixed in step 3 into each beaker and stirred with a plastic chopstick. The solution started out as greyish red with sludge that fully disolved into a blackish solution.

5) I poured one beaker containing approximately 150 ml of the black basified solution into my 250 ml separation funnel. I poured approximately 40 ml of petroleum ether containing mostly pentane and hexane (35/60 boiling) into the separation funnel and gently agitated the mixture by rolling it gently and slowly tumbling it end over end while running it under warm water in a deep sink. I did 4 pulls using progressively less ether each time. I then repeated the process using the other beaker of basified supernatent to fully process it using 8 total pulls in my small separation funnel.

6) I reduced the pet ether at room temperature to about 180 ml from the 240 ml I started with by allowing it to evaporate at room temperature in a large open pyrex dish. When I blew air across the dish, the PE would cloud up because of the cooling afforded by the low boiling point PE would cause the spice to begin precipitating.

7) I moved the open dish into my meat freezer which is set to -15 degrees F. After 20 minutes a large amount of DMT has precipitated. I have will check on this in the morning and give a yield report. The spice is brilliant white with no hint of yellowish tinge.
Rivea attached the following image(s):
acidification.JPG (1,463kb) downloaded 303 time(s).
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Rivea
#7 Posted : 6/28/2010 6:10:46 AM

No.. that can't be...

Here are the rest of the photos:
basified_and_pulling.JPG (1,539kb) downloaded 300 time(s).
no_emulsions.JPG (1,594kb) downloaded 300 time(s).
freeze_precip_20min.JPG (1,707kb) downloaded 300 time(s).

Rivea
#8 Posted : 6/28/2010 7:19:31 AM

No.. that can't be...

Here's the freeze precipitation result. Yield was 1.14 grams which kinda blows my mind.
Final_product.JPG (1,495kb) downloaded 289 time(s).

sesshin
#9 Posted : 6/28/2010 8:26:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nice. gotta get one of those sep funnels.

Bill Cipher
#10 Posted : 6/28/2010 8:47:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice work, rivea. Excellent yield and a most impressive looking end result - but where'd you get the idea to use petroleum ether? Clearly you've got a knack for this; I'm guessing you have some kind of a chemistry background, no? In any case, thanks much for the play by play. I like your attenton to detail.

One brief word of advice: Don't ever store your hard work in foil!

Anyways... welcome to the Nexus, friend. You're going to fit right in. I can't wait to hear the details of your maiden vapor voyage. You are about to blow your noodle like a psychic Hiroshima.

Xt
#11 Posted : 6/28/2010 12:05:35 PM

I thought naptha was petroleum ether... benzine etc. As is in alot of the Teks.
Nice product tho Rivea, white is right! Awesome intro by the way.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Rivea
#12 Posted : 6/29/2010 6:59:43 AM

No.. that can't be...

Petroleum Ether has a lot of different names such as naptha, benzine, petroleum spirits, ligroin, and more. I am not a chemist, but I am an engineer. So, I tend to research things that interest me a lot. Some people have called me 'anal'. I tend to disagree most of the time...

Although all PE is referred to as CAS 8032-32-4, it comes with different fractional content starting with pentane and going on up to heavier alkanes with up to 11 carbons in the case of ligroin. Benzine is a mixture of the lighter ends from pentane up to heptane. Suppliers categorize the content by the boiling point range of the PE and that is how one orders it. Commonly available fractions are 30 to 40 °C, 40 to 60 °C, 60 to 80 °C, 80 to 100 °C,80 to 120 °C and sometimes 100 to 120 °C

I decided to use PE (benzine) of a light grade because it would evaporate quickly if I chose to use techs relying on evaporation instead of low temp (freeze) precipitations. Maybe I went a little overboard using the 35/60 °C fraction because it is extremely volatile and can easily build up a lot of pressure in a seperation funnel when warmed if not properly vented.

However, I was pretty impressed by the speed at which I could evaporate the PE to saturate it after my pulls and prior to doing the freeze precipitation. The other thing is that it seemed the freeze precipitation itself went extremely fast with a substantial yield in my -15 °F freezer occurring in about 2 hours.

I am sure there are people on here with far more expertise on these matters than I, so any advice is welcomed!

Rivea
#13 Posted : 6/29/2010 11:06:15 PM

No.. that can't be...

Finally after doing a re-crystalization I have tried smoking my product. I lost 0.4 grams some of which was a yellowish oily substance that I pulled out of the PE at the bottom of my beaker with a syringe after re-disolving the spice in 75 ml of fresh pet ether.

I put 30 mg on a spoon and heated it with a lighter. As it started to boil and slightly smoke I inhaled through a turkey baster all of the white vapor in 1 deep breath. I looked down and it was all gone. I heard the nursery rhymes I have heard on both of my Ayahuasca journeys that I have taken, but I got no further.

So I went outside, watered all of my plants, and came back in 45 minutes later. I put 55 mg on a spoon, heated and when the smoke started I inhaled. I got a massive breath of the vapors... took the lighter off the spoon, breathed out, applied heat again and vaporized the rest in the next inhale. A little of the vapor escaped and most went into my lungs. I started hearing the nursery rhymes again fast and kind of whispering.

Suddenly as I was looking at my back yard through my sun room from the dining room table where I was sitting it looked like I was looking through jelly. The sun was very bright. I sensed movements of dark shapes and saw some geometric patterns like a kaleidoscope superimposed on the trees outside.

I was transported back to that place I was at the peak of my Ayahuasca journey three weeks ago. It was the land of candy canes, Ferris wheels, and childhood dreams, feelings, and hopes. I continued to hear the undeciperable nursery rhymes as if people were around me whispering them to me... rhymsky selfnish over and over... I don't know what this means. It has been a recurring theme for all three journeys.

It was a place where as a child I was most uncomfortable because I was never really allowed to be a kid because of my shaming grandma and my emotionally distant mother and grandfather. I told myself that that is all past and that I am a good , loving, and caring person. The fear and shame passed very quickly. I have been down on myself for so long... so serious about everything.

Water looks like clear jelly, the plants in my house seemed to be snaking all over the place. I saw bursting cobalt blue, purple, and green dots shooting skyward. My vision seemed to be rippling like when you throw a stone on a still lake. I briefly saw the Gumby people, but when I looked again then the all of it retreated quickly and I came back.

It was 20 minutes later when I showered and enjoyed the feeling of the cool water cascading down my body and the smell of my lemon shampoo, conditioner, and soap.

It was so fast compared to ayahuasca. If I can smoke 75mg and get it all in, I believe there will be a breakthrough experience. I will probably wait until after I get back from vacation in a week before another attempt.

When I started with this exploration I had no idea of what to expect, and I am still not sure where this is going, but I believe it is a good thing and I will settle some old scores with my emotions that have needed healing for a long time.

Thanks for listening to me ramble....

OpeningPandorasBox
#14 Posted : 6/29/2010 11:36:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally I dont think you need 75mg just simply a more effective method. Using a spoon is tricky at best as you will get vapor slowly and if you start to take in the first few wisps of smoke by the time you get the last you are most likely already tolerant to the last bit, or at least it wont hit you as hard. Try making changa or using an oil style pipe so that you can get more condensed hits. This is the trick.
OpeningPandorasBox is a fictional character created by a very imaginative but delusional person. Anything posted by OpeningPandorasBox should be considered nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of an imaginary alter ego. Under no circumstances should what is posted be considered true experiences, ideas, or advice. As far as matters of the law are concerned since OpeningPandorasBox only exists outside the realms of physical reality he is under no jurisdiction and no one within the physical world should attempt to recreate or reenact any of his fictional activity.

Rivea
#15 Posted : 6/30/2010 2:54:28 AM

No.. that can't be...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm checking into that, vapor genie and other devices. I just did not want to wait and had to have a taste.

Bill Cipher
#16 Posted : 6/30/2010 3:10:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Man, you're an interesting one, rivea.

The extraction post above, as well as your solvent explanation definitely demonstrate you as a guy who has done a serious bit of research. But that vaporizing technique has got to be the worst I have ever heard of!!! Why toil over extracting an absolutely perfect product just to hit it with a spoon and turkey baster??? Trust me when I say that you don't need 75 mgs. Hit it correctly and you may well find that you don't need a crumb over 30.

GVG - That's all I can say (and for all who are tired of hearing me say it, I'm sorry - I couldn't resist).

Edit: I'm surprised you lost that much volume recrystallizing what looked pretty perfect to begin with. Is it now completely colorless and translucent?

Ginkgo
#17 Posted : 6/30/2010 3:30:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't believe that none of my fellow mods have seen this and allowed you in! Well, then I have the honor... Welcome in to the DMT-Nexus my friend! I am looking forward to see more of your contributions. Smile

I will have to agree with Art on the GVG, it is by far the best available tool for this purpose. GVG is short for Glass VaporGenie, if you didn't already figure that out.

jamie
#18 Posted : 6/30/2010 4:25:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

wow thats some very very white DMTVery happy

This neural therapy you spoke of sounds facinating..do you have any more info on it?..I like to learn about these kinds of things..

Welcome to the nexusVery happy
Long live the unwoke.

Rivea
#19 Posted : 6/30/2010 5:07:46 AM

No.. that can't be...

Like I said guys... I got impatient about the smoking end of it. I could not find a glass VG stocked locally.

I had a wooden VG in my hand yesterday, but decided not to buy that and to mail order a GVG after I slept on it last night. I am drooling over the glass VG, but I am traveling away from home to visit some friends in Chicago, so I won't smoke anything till after I get back. But I will be checking in here from time to time late at night as I usually do.

I guess that I will learn good technique and be able to use smaller amounts as suggested for some pretty interesting experiences.

Quote:
fractal enchantment -- This neural therapy you spoke of sounds facinating..do you have any more info on it?..I like to learn about these kinds of things..

My doctor came up with the IV protocol as a way to 'reboot' the autonomic nervous system. However the Huneke brothers from Germany discovered and documented the the segmented form of the therapy. A large book ( http://www.amazon.com/Ma...y-Medicine/dp/158890363X ) which I have studied about 100 pages describes the therapy and then the remander of the book describes injections into various ganglia and regions of the body including scars to remove interference fields. It is fascinating reading, and American medicine of course rejects it. Too bad. It works and it is cost effective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neural_therapy

Quote:
Evening Glory -- I can't believe that none of my fellow mods have seen this and allowed you in! Well, then I have the honor... Welcome in to the DMT-Nexus my friend! I am looking forward to see more of your contributions. Smile

Thanks for all of the compliments and thanks for allowing me greater access to the web site. I appreciate meeting on-line folks here and who knows perhaps in real life some of us can meet as well.

PS: I ordered a GVG just now and look forward to improved results.

cellux
#20 Posted : 6/30/2010 7:17:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
It was 20 minutes later when I showered and enjoyed the feeling of the cool water cascading down my body and the smell of my lemon shampoo, conditioner, and soap.

This is so beautiful. Smile

12NEXT