We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
caapi tea dosages Options

jbark
#1 Posted : 6/25/2010 9:31:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just made some caapi tea with 32g red B.caapi. Would you recommend I imbibe all the tea for a first time caapi only experience (as a VERY soft introduction - I have the little baby guy to look after tonight - he'll be asleep, but I don't want to be irresponsibly incapacitated) ?

I know a full dose is 50g, so this is roughly 3/5, but I just have no scale in my mind as to how visionary/incapacitating the brew is on its own. Obviously, I would like to err far on the side of caution, given the sleeping baby and parental responsibility...

Clearly I won't take the risk in the absence of responses, but i would love to give this a go tonight!!Smile

Cheers,
JBArk

PS - the shop I frequent only had 32g left. He is ordering more and I will likely buy 250-500g when his stock is replenished. Only then, and while alone and freed of parental obligationsWink, will I attempt a full dose. Then of course a dose with smoked DMT (start with 15mg and work my way up...) or a P. viridris tea (I have 100g).
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 6/25/2010 9:58:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some people get effects from 20gr, i have no experience with the red vine you talk of.

Maybe sip on it over an hour and see how that goes.

jbark
#3 Posted : 6/25/2010 10:00:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
Some people get effects from 20gr, i have no experience with the red vine you talk of.

Maybe sip on it over an hour and see how that goes.

An hour...hhmmm

fantastic idea! thanks gammagore. oh yeah, forgot to ask - how long should I expect the effects to last? I am guessing 2-3 hours....?

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 6/25/2010 10:30:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm, the first time I drank I felt not much effects from it, maybe it was intention. I did feel the effects for a few weeks after though.

Not sure what you are expecting, so cant really say.

An hour or maybe half, I say an hour just to be causious, you do have parental obligations. Is there anyone else at home other than your baby? If not, might be a better plan to put the brew in the fridge, and plan a night when you could have somone there as a sitter(for you and the babySmile)

You really cant tell what effect you will get. Be safe.

wikiwahwah
#5 Posted : 6/27/2010 7:58:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I made a vine only tea (white caapi). I did 3 x 3 hours boils with no vinegar. Drinking 40grams of this had no effect. I will be upping it to 80g next time.

From what I've read, 32g is not a substantial amount regardless of the vine type, but as others have stated, some people are very sensitive to the effects and need very little.

You could drink half, wait for an hour, see how you feel and then drink the rest if you feel comfortable.

Perhaps you could drink half, wait for an hour, then ask the vine if you should consume more. It may offer you some guidance.

Xt
#6 Posted : 6/27/2010 8:53:29 PM

I have just had a brew recently made with 40g Red Caapi, (3x3 no acid) reduced into a shot around 40ml.
I personally could look after a baby or child or handle a number of responsibility's on this dose, but i could never recommend or condone anyone to do such a thing.

Its also worth noting that everyone is different and what you may find weak... another may find totally debilitating.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

jbark
#7 Posted : 6/27/2010 9:12:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't worry guts - caution has never been my problem...!Smile

So I downed the 32g brew in 3 slowwww mugfuls of combined 3x3 hrs brews(or a little less, each with a splash of vinegar). It took me 1.5 hrs of sipping to finish it - very, VERY mild effects, but profound exhaustion the next day, despite an 8hr sleep night...

Is this normal?

NB - i did NOT grind the bark pieces. I have kept them and dessicated them - anyone think its worth grinding them and making another brew (keep in mind my brew was pretty dark with no reduction)

Cheers,
JBArk

q21q21
#8 Posted : 6/27/2010 10:12:07 PM

SWIM

Just as a slight warning: SWIM took 50g of hot-water steeped -then reduced tea and got pleasant strong-but-mild effects, slight visuals and mild nausea. He slept like a baby and felt refreshed the next day.

He made a 60g on another day planning to drink it all and after 2/3 he was having terrible side effects, strong visuals and ended up purging and feeling terrible for the rest of the day.

Plants can vary a lot it seems.

Anyway, good luck. It's a great substance used properly.

ps:it was white from maya btw.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs