We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Using a crack pipe Options

StrangeLoop
#1 Posted : 6/25/2010 8:22:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I bought a cheap pipe, its basically a glass tube that ends in a bulb with a small hole on top. I've tried using it, the spice melts very fast and starts turning to vapor and leaking out the top, so I find I have to start hitting it immediately. I've been drawing slowly on it but it doesn't seem to vaporize very fast, three hits is not enough to do very much. Any tips on using this type of pipe?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 6/25/2010 8:25:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Only one: Throw it away and get a glass vapor genie.

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 6/25/2010 2:32:55 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Here's something I posted in a similar thread not to long ago, with a link to another similar thread. Imo, the crackpipe can be very effective for vaping freebase, you just need a proper lighter and the technique to keep the heat constant and not too high. While the GVG is unquestionably smoother (and has much less of a learning curve/is more intuitive) with enough time perfecting your method, a crackpipe can come in a not-too-distant second (and it's a fraction of the price).

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Read this thread it should help. The relevant comments are #4, #7, and #8. Essentially you should always use a torch lighter when working with a crack/meth pipe, oil burner, chalet (shelay? sp?) and freebase DMT. I used a crackpipe almost exclusively for my first months of dmt exploration. It works phenomenally well with a jet lighter, I rarely burned my spice and almost always broke through (we were packing large hits as well). I now use a glass vapor genie and it's a million times smoother. However, my first crack pipe and lighter cost me like $16 total and worked awesomely well for introducing me to the spice realms.

peace
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Gir
#4 Posted : 6/25/2010 2:50:06 PM

Gir

cover the hole when your smoking it?

are you lighting it from the bottom to vaporize? if your trying to hit it like a normal pipe then that wont work, you need to heat the entire "bulb" up to vape. And I suggest waiting until the vapors make it hard to see through before you take your 1st or second hit.

Ive never used one of these... so...
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 6/25/2010 4:09:25 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Gir wrote:
cover the hole when your smoking it?

Shocked EEK! Gir, that's an awesome way to burn your finger if you're heating the bulb properly. I don't really know why smoke would be coming out of that hole unless your blowing into the pipe. As you begin to heat the bulb, you should inhale very gently. Once your spice liquefies and begins kicking up vapors then you should really begin inhaling deeply and either clicking your lighter on and off or increasing and decreasing the distance between the lighter and the bulb, so as to maintain a temperature that will vaporize the spice and not burn it.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

jbark
#6 Posted : 6/25/2010 4:36:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Heat the side, rotating the lighter around, but never directly vis-a-vis the spice. It is surprising how quickly and suddenly it almost all vapes using this technique.

Uncle Knucles wrote:

Quote:
Only one: Throw it away and get a glass vapor genie.

Art do you have shares in Vapor genie? I am beginning to think maybe you own the company!Wink

Smile

I am going to be getting one soon. Assuming I don't run into any emptied beast skulls, right Art?Smile

JBArk

JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Bill Cipher
#7 Posted : 6/25/2010 5:06:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's funny. I guess I have been pushing the product pretty hard as of late.

This is the thing: Everyone, it seems, goes through this period of "Why can't I break through?", or "Did I break through?", or "This stuff is wild, but it's not THAT wild" - but I am here to testify that it truly IS - if only it's done correctly and with use of the proper tools.

Do you think that the dudes over at opiophile.org would settle for shooting their filthy dope with a safety pin and eyedropper? There's a very specific tool designed to do the job they've assigned themselves. Same with us, and I'll shout it from the rooftops, brother, like Paul Revere if I have to - PUT DOWN THE GLASS DICKS, PEOPLE OF THE NEXUS! THERE IS A BETTER ALTERNATIVE!! Make purchase of the GVG mandatory for membership; fax in your receipt to The Traveler before graduating from the Nursery (just kidding). Stop wasting the precious molecule and get with the goddamn program!! This IS THE tool to do what we do. It fits like a key in a lock.

This impassioned plea has been brought to you by the chief shareholder in Vaporgenie, Incorporated.

gibran2
#8 Posted : 6/25/2010 5:10:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
...Make purchase of the GVG mandatory for membership; fax in your receipt to The Traveler before graduating from the Nursery (just kidding). Stop wasting the precious molecule and get with the goddamn program!!

Laughing
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

SnozzleBerry
#9 Posted : 6/25/2010 5:36:18 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Uncle Knucles wrote:
This is the thing: Everyone, it seems, goes through this period of "Why can't I break through?", or "Did I break through?", or "This stuff is wild, but it's not THAT wild" - but I am here to testify that it truly IS that wild - if only it's done correctly and with the proper tools.

I had 8 months or more of amazingly deep breakthroughs suckin' on a glass dick (anyone wanna join the pen15 club with me?) and would like to say, maybe I'm the anomaly. It's possible that my friends and I got lucky and ascended the learning curve very quickly, but I do believe that for those who lack funds for the vg's (specifically the gvg) it is possible to have deep and beautiful experiences with these little bulb-pipes. The trick is just understanding how it absorbs/directs the heat and then applying heat in a manner that doesn't burn the spice.

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Do you think that the dudes over at opiophile.org would settle for shooting up with a safety pin and eyedropper? There's a very specific tool designed to do the job they're assigned. Same with us, and I'll shout it from the rooftops, brother - PUT DOWN THE GLASS DICKS, PEOPLE OF THE NEXUS! THERE IS A BETTER ALTERNATIVE!! Make purchase of the GVG mandatory for membership; fax in your receipt to The Traveler before graduating from the Nursery (just kidding). Stop wasting the precious molecule and get with the goddamn program!! This is THE tool to do what we do. It fits like a key in a lock.

This has been an impassioned plea, brought to you by the chief shareholder in Vaporgenie, Incorporated.

Laughing Point well taken, especially about the opiophiles and yes the GVG is a wondrous smoking device. I have to say, this was one of the funniest things I've read in a while. Thank you for this refreshing read.

EDIT: I DO think it's funny how many people say "meth pipes are for meth, crack pipes are for crack", like that means anything. Technically all the glass pieces anyone buys for weed-smoking are for tobacco products. Does this mean they'll yell at you or fail to function if you put weed in them? Of course not. So why would a vaporizer bulb that is "for" one substance fail to work for another? It takes a specific technique, this technique can take a moment to learn properly. How can you comment on a method if you haven't tried it or taken the time to actually learn and try the proper technique?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Ice House
#10 Posted : 6/25/2010 6:19:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Glass meth pipes and crack pipes are really only good for smoking crack and meth. I agree with Art. Though I dont own one, I have tried one belonging to friend, the glass vapor genie is the best way to go.

I only smoke changa and I have found that a bong works really nice for me.

Before I was making my own favorite changa mix, I was layering spice and parsley in my bong and that worked great every time.

Why throw away your hard earned money and all your effort extracting spice by wasting it in a CRACK PIPE!

Crack Pipes and Meth pipes are best suited for smoking Meth and Crack.

wake up fellow Nexians!
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

hyperspacing
#11 Posted : 6/25/2010 6:31:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with ice house shaman. Changa is the way to go. Forget burning it/not burning it enough BS. You smoke it like cannabis and you can't really mess it up. Just rip it hard, hold it in, and hang out with some elves. -goodluck
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

Bill Cipher
#12 Posted : 6/25/2010 7:13:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Truth be told, I've broken through many times using a bulb and jet lighter - never a glass rose per se, but some fairly similar pieces. They can and will do the trick, provided you know what you're doing. They're also idiosyncratic, however, and require pretty perfect technique (which can be increasingly difficult to achieve as the mantids begin closing in). A bong with bulb attachment can be extremely effective (assuming you use a jet lighter and learn to find the sweet spot), but the vaporgenie (and especially the glass one) is, in my opinion, just a more elegant device - and it's absolutely perfect for what we do - 99.9% idiot proof. And for changa.... fuggedaboudit. GVG is the ticket.

Gir
#13 Posted : 6/25/2010 7:23:10 PM

Gir

I have now been lead to believe that Uncle Knucles resembles in all aspects

this djinn. Which represents the spirit of my GVG.

damn art. grant me some wishes ~.o
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

jbark
#14 Posted : 6/25/2010 7:27:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Truth be told, I've broken through many times using a bulb and jet lighter - never a glass rose per se, but some fairly similar pieces. They can and will do the trick, provided you know what you're doing. They're also idiosyncratic, however, and require pretty perfect technique (which can be increasingly difficult to achieve as the mantids begin closing in). A bong with bulb attachment can be extremely effective (assuming you use a jet lighter and are careful not to burn), but the vaporgenie (and especially the glass one) is, in my opinion, just a more elegant device - and it's absolutely perfect for what we do - 99.9% idiot proof. And for changa.... fuggedaboudit. GVG is the ticket.

Where can I buy shares? Smile

Quote:
PUT DOWN THE GLASS DICKS, PEOPLE OF THE NEXUS! THERE IS A BETTER ALTERNATIVE!!

What if I like suckin' the glass dick? Wink

But in all serious I am just waiting to justify the purchase with the kind of breakthrough I read about all the time, so I can be absolutely sure, before a $100 cross-border suspicious purchase, that I am going to continue down what all here call this "path".

So don't worry Art, my contribtion to your mortgage is almost assured!Cool

Just a-razzin ya.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Bill Cipher
#15 Posted : 6/25/2010 7:36:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aw, fellas. You flatter me.

SnozzleBerry
#16 Posted : 6/25/2010 7:54:25 PM

omnia sunt communia!

jbark wrote:

Quote:

Come join me in the pen15 club!

I hold my GVG in the highest esteem and have nothing but good things to say about its abilities and superiority to all other pieces. What can i say? Sometimes you just gotta suck some glass pen15. Razz
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

jbark
#17 Posted : 6/25/2010 7:59:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
jbark wrote:

Quote:

Come join me in the pen15 club!

I hold my GVG in the highest esteem and have nothing but good things to say about its abilities and superiority to all other pieces. What can i say? Sometimes you just gotta suck some glass pen15. Razz

Wow am I thick as lead. I just got the pen15 reference. I was trying to figure out what a writing instrument and the product of 3 X 5 had to do with dicks...

Now that i have figured it out, i will join your club SnozzleBerry!! (as long as they are glass...Cool )

JBArk

ocelot
#18 Posted : 6/25/2010 9:09:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM first smoked Spice in a crack pipe, without realising that it was a crack pipe...which worked very well once the smoking technique was sorted out.

And has since become very fond of The Machine; cheap to make, and easy to use - what's not to like? Smile It wasn't until more knowledgeable friend came round, that she found out that The Machine is basically a crack pipe...She was rather shocked! Smile but still finds The Machine to be a great little device and she appreciates it's unpretentious functionality Very happy

Also if a parent happened to come round then they'd be very unlikely to recognise it as a crack pipe either, although they might wonder if they should worry about her hitting the Hennessey minatures...

StrangeLoop
#19 Posted : 6/25/2010 9:33:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To everyone saying these pipes are just for crack/meth: these pipes are meant for -vaporizing freebase substances- and crack/meth vaporize at significantly higher temperatures than DMT. They are perfect for vaporizing DMT and to be honest, 100 dollars for a GVG is a huge rip off, I don't care how much smoother it is, it's essentially the same thing just without a learning curve. And one of you said not to waste my spice in a crack pipe while you were having success sandwiching it between herbs in a bong. Rolling eyes Putting it in herbs has always required a lot of spice because inevitably a lot gets burned, and every time I've used a bong the experience is significantly weaker as loads of spice crystallizes on the piece as it cools.

Thanks for the tips SnozzleBerry, I haven't been heating the bulb properly, I was just sticking the lighter under the DMT and did nothing for temperature control. I'll be giving it another go over the weekend sometime probably.

Bill Cipher
#20 Posted : 6/25/2010 9:37:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you already know all you need to. Best of luck with whateva.

123NEXT