We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Getting Fumarate from Naphtha? Options

Apoc
#1 Posted : 6/23/2010 6:32:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello. Fumarate is confusing to me at the moment, so I'll just ask using things that I already know. OK, I know how to get to the step where you get naphtha with dmt in. Say you want to get dmt fumarate from that point, what would you do? Thanks.

I'll take a guess to show I'm making an effort, and correct it later....

1) mix fumaric acid in the naphtha, shake, and separate out the fumaric acid.
2) add acetone to the fumaric acid
3) dmt fumarate precipitates out?
4) pour off the fumaric acid and acetone and collect the spice?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

q21q21
#2 Posted : 6/23/2010 6:59:03 AM

SWIM

Okay seriously... I bet you are a great guy, but making a new topic every-time your post doesn't get a reply within 1 hour is a little much. The information is very much out there with some good old-fashioned searching.

Yes you can salt naptha, whether it is fumaric or acetic or what-have-you. With fumaric acid which doesn't evaporate off it is better to use it in acetone so there isn't any excess fumaric acid which can be a lot.

Just look in the wiki and find a tek that uses FASA and replace d-limonene or xylene with "naptha" and that is what you do.

Your step by step is wrong, adding fumaric acid directly to the naptha will likely end up in a large excess of fumeric acid, just read up on the teks and you'll understand.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Apoc
#3 Posted : 6/23/2010 8:03:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

q21q21 wrote:
Okay seriously... I bet you are a great guy, but making a new topic every-time your post doesn't get a reply within 1 hour is a little much. The information is very much out there with some good old-fashioned searching.

Yes you can salt naptha, whether it is fumaric or acetic or what-have-you. With fumaric acid which doesn't evaporate off it is better to use it in acetone so there isn't any excess fumaric acid which can be a lot.

Just look in the wiki and find a tek that uses FASA and replace d-limonene or xylene with "naptha" and that is what you do.

Your step by step is wrong, adding fumaric acid directly to the naptha will likely end up in a large excess of fumeric acid, just read up on the teks and you'll understand.

thanks, I'll try. The last post I made was in another thread and a different question entirely, as I was asking about freeze precip, and nothing about fasa at all. I think this is the first question I've asked about fasa. I don't know if you have me confused with someone else. I tried reading up on the info, and got confused.

Thanks, I might be great, but I'm kinda dumb.

I read this tek https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...d_Fumaric_Acid_Approach and now I'm a bit confused. It seems as though in that tek, he gets hard dmt fumarate without using acetone at all. At this point I'm not sure what the acetone is for. Is that just if you want freebase?

So now my question is this. Suppose a person has naphtha saturated dmt and they want dmt-fumarate that's ready for oral use. Is this method ok......

1) mix 75ml of warm water with 450mg of fumaric acid to it. Stir this like crazy.
2) mix the FASW into the naphtha for at least 10 minutes. Then suck out the dmt fumarate saturated water
3) Evaporate the 75ml saturated dmt water at low heat This will result in the solid DMT fumarate.

So this hard dmt-fumarate, that's the stuff that can be stored at room temp no problems right? And can you safely take that hard dmt-fumarate orally in this state? I've noticed with the hot weather, freebase "melts" quite easily.

One more thing just to make sure..... something like this is the stuff we're talking about right? http://cgi.ebay.com/Fuma...amp;hash=item53df0dad13 Just wondering because I've heard people say that fumaric acid is expensive, but $22 for ninety 500mg caps doesn't seem expensive when all that is needed is less than 500mg for one tek. Just making sure there isn't some kind of super fumaric acid required.

q21q21
#4 Posted : 6/23/2010 8:31:59 AM

SWIM

fnog9 wrote:

thanks, I'll try. The last post I made was in another thread and a different question entirely, as I was asking about freeze precip, and nothing about fasa at all. I think this is the first question I've asked about fasa. I don't know if you have me confused with someone else. I tried reading up on the info, and got confused.

Thanks, I might be great, but I'm kinda dumb.

There were 2 other threads started by you with information I had seen clearly discussed on other threads. The does anyone eat DMT-N-oxide and does anyone eat 5-meo-DMT are both on the forum, this was the third and I felt it needed to be said that new threads on previously discussed topics are somewhat frowned upon.

If you are just having troubles finding something or are confused by some information then post in the nursery. When I was a new, but full-member i'd do the same. I still often have the urge to put some of my threads in the nursery because I feel that it is something that has been discussed somewhere I can't find or something.

Don't call yourself dumb though, I didn't get FASA right away either and I've never actually done it with MHRB. Just like putting a cacti post in the smoking techniques forum, this could have been put in the nursery with any other "I don't quite get XXXX" posts

Cheers
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

Recycled_Solvent
#5 Posted : 3/13/2011 12:52:56 AM

James

^If you don't test the pH of the water layer you're probably going to get excess fumaric acid in your product. which will be obvious in your precipitate (after evap of the water) since it will be clumpy and not a proper crystallization.

Check your pH - it will not be neutral, with pH paper it remains in the 6 range, or so.
"There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."