We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Phragmites Australis extraction? Options

malakatias
#1 Posted : 10/23/2006 10:50:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi people, just surfed in this great site and downloaded the PDF of DMT in the Common reed ... HOLY SHIT !!! Near my house there are TONS of that plant !!! Do you know any good method of extraction for the Phragmites Australis ?? thanks !!!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Noman
#2 Posted : 10/24/2006 5:38:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd start with Marsofold's Desmanthus tek and work from there. Post your results - please.

malakatias
#3 Posted : 10/24/2006 7:16:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok Noman, i'll try it. I will have time fot this next christmas, so then i'll post the results. That Marsofold's Desmanthus tek works with Mimosa Hostilis also???

Noman
#4 Posted : 10/24/2006 8:20:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I imagine that it would work fine, though it would be overkill. I suggested it for phragmites because it was written for fresh whole root rather than dried root bark. For MHRB, use either Vortex's quick tek (on this forum) or mine (available elsewhere). Good luck.

malakatias
#5 Posted : 10/24/2006 11:03:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ok thx noman

quantumbrujo
#6 Posted : 2/10/2007 1:55:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

to me, this phragmites australis looks identical to Phallaris arundinacea.Are they one in the same? if not what are the differences
I tried to say no to drugs but they wouldn't listen

The Traveler
#7 Posted : 2/10/2007 12:18:24 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Astral Time-traveller, One quick question for you; as I was looking up information about the common reed I got mixed information about what it contains exactly, does it only contain pure DMT or also other alkaloids that aren't that nice?

Doerak
#8 Posted : 2/10/2007 2:50:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The plant discussed, common reed (Phragmites australis or Phragmites communis), looks much like the well known (among DMT brewers) Phalaris arundinacea. It's hard to distinguish these species. In any case you'll have a plant that can be used to extract DMT from, they just require different techniques. There is one way you can make sure you're dealing with common reed (P. australis) or with reed canary grass (P. arundinacea). The difference is between the joint of the leaves with the stem, the tongue (ligula). Common reed (P. australis) http://nl.wikipedia.org/...Phragmites_australis.jpg Reed canary grass (P. arundinacea) http://nl.wikipedia.org/...Phalaris_arundinacea.jpg

Doerak
#9 Posted : 2/11/2007 11:10:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:e66f8170d5="Astral Time-traveller"]Oh lordy......Wikipedia really messed this one up for you. Those are picks of seedings, not fully grown plants. Phargmites Australis looks NOTHING AT ALL like Phalaris grass. One giant difference is that Phalaris is GRASS and Phargmites is a REED which is up to 10 feet tall with a GIANT FEATHER TOP. And it's roots are hollow rhizomes which are used to make flutes. Did you even bother to look at the photos in my PDF document? There is only 1 other species of plant on the face of this earth that resembles Phargmites australis, and that is Arundo Donax. But it still easy to tell them apart. This common reed (phargmites) contains more than just DMT. It's a poor substitute as a source for DMT, but if you have no money, or if all other plants become illegal, there is always this one. So once again, Phargmites looks NOTHING at all like grass. Look at the photos in the PDF. This common reed grows in giant fields by highways and takes over miles and miles of land because it's so invasive. There is no mistaking it for any other plant on earth.[/quote:e66f8170d5] I have read your PDF and I have visited many many botanical sites. All the pictures of P. arundinacea show me that, once the plant is full grown, it does look like reed. http://nepenthes.lycaeum...halaris/arundinacea.html I don't see why someone could not mix up these plants... They look exactly the same. The difference is in the ligula and the feather like top. P. arundinacea only looks like a grass when it is still very small and doesn't have the feather like top. As for the height, P. arundinacea grows up to 1.5m in heigth, which is about the same as P. australis.

opticuswrangler
#10 Posted : 2/11/2007 6:30:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone else notice that phalaris and phragmites are both exteremely common world-wide, and yet there are no viable teks for extraction from them? I would like to hear of some unambiguous results. I suspect that a lot of noise is made about these plants as spice sources that is not supported by any actual real experimental results. These plants are simply too abundant for there to be nobody at least trying them out. The fact that viable teks have not materialized for phalaris or phragmites is compelling. I don't want to hear theoretical procedures, i want to know if anyone has extracted clean crystals from either of these sources.

Doerak
#11 Posted : 2/11/2007 8:00:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:649deeabc1="opticuswrangler"]Does anyone else notice that phalaris and phragmites are both exteremely common world-wide, and yet there are no viable teks for extraction from them? I would like to hear of some unambiguous results. I suspect that a lot of noise is made about these plants as spice sources that is not supported by any actual real experimental results. These plants are simply too abundant for there to be nobody at least trying them out. The fact that viable teks have not materialized for phalaris or phragmites is compelling. I don't want to hear theoretical procedures, i want to know if anyone has extracted clean crystals from either of these sources.[/quote:649deeabc1] Early extraction teks were done on Phalaris arundinacea among other sources, such as Cacasia and Mimosa Hostilis. Extracting on P. arundinacea IS possible. It's not hypthetically. It has been done. http://www.erowid.org/pl...ris/phalaris_info3.shtml http://deoxy.org/smokedmt.htm According to Astral Time-traveler's PDF it can be done. We wouldn't try extracting DMT... It's illegal! Shocked

Noman
#12 Posted : 2/11/2007 9:20:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend hasn't gotten clean crystals but he did get a small amount of sticky orange goo that definitely contained DMT.

opticuswrangler
#13 Posted : 2/11/2007 10:39:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, everyone is familiar with the teks on deoxy and erowid. They are old teks that at best yeild questionable goo. What about unambiguous crystals of n,n dmt?

quantumbrujo
#14 Posted : 2/11/2007 11:16:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.freewebs.com/...alchemist/commonReed.zip here is a tek where they use acetone to yield nice white crystals from P.Australis
I tried to say no to drugs but they wouldn't listen

Doerak
#15 Posted : 2/12/2007 7:00:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:c3b0b0abb1="Noman"]My friend hasn't gotten clean crystals but he did get a small amount of sticky orange goo that definitely contained DMT.[/quote:c3b0b0abb1] Can't your friend but this goo in the freezer or recrystallize? [quote:c3b0b0abb1="quantumbrujo"]http://www.freewebs.com/merlinalchemist/commonReed.zip here is a tek where they use acetone to yield nice white crystals from P.Australis[/quote:c3b0b0abb1] Same PDF as posted before... Same URL even Smile

Noman
#16 Posted : 2/12/2007 7:11:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:fc51fa3fdf="Doerak"][quote:fc51fa3fdf="Noman"]My friend hasn't gotten clean crystals but he did get a small amount of sticky orange goo that definitely contained DMT.[/quote:fc51fa3fdf] Can't your friend but this goo in the freezer or recrystallize? [/quote:fc51fa3fdf] Too much goop for freeze precip, not enough yield (it was only a bit of phalaris) to recrystalize.

Garulfo
#17 Posted : 2/12/2007 11:53:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:569ead7f10]These plants are simply too abundant for there to be nobody at least trying them out. The fact that viable teks have not materialized for phalaris or phragmites is compelling[/quote:569ead7f10] I agree with opticus that there is yet no reliable and usefull tek for Phalaris. However, there is a tiny hope about Phragmite extraction. SWIM mashed 410 g of phragmite rhizome and started a kind of Noman's tek (no acid), ending with 350 ml of yellow naphta. It was evaporated to around 100 ml. After 24 h in the freezer, there was indeed some clouds on the bottom of the jar, nothing really enthusiasming but 'something' at least. SWIM evaporated half of the naphta from that jar and placed it again in the freezer. 12hours later, what seems like very small flakes are floating in the small amount of yellow liquid. A bit encouraging althought SWIM estimate roughly the amount of flakes to less than 10 mg. SWIM wonder if there is any DMT in that flakes... More rhizomes will be used to complete that amount. SWIM also wonder about the physical effects if a crazy monkey would smoke some material including gramine and bufotenine even in very small proportions Confused

Doerak
#18 Posted : 2/12/2007 1:29:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

10 mg out of 410 g doesn't sound very encouraging. The DMT might be more potential, though. I too wonder what the effects are. Good work on the extracting and sharing your results with us Very happy

Garulfo
#19 Posted : 2/12/2007 1:46:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:51fe2c338f]10 mg out of 410 g doesn't sound very encouraging[/quote:51fe2c338f] Well, difficult to estimate in it's actual shape, it could be 25, 50... or 5 Rolling eyes Anyway it is from one rhizome. In one hour of time SWIM digged 8 rhizomes. The longer part of that stuff is to cut the rhizome in smaller pieces and mash them roughly (it's like a piece of wood).

opticuswrangler
#20 Posted : 2/12/2007 3:10:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It appears the best we have at this point are reports of poor yeilds and unknown alkaloids. The fact that crystals are produced does not indicate pure spice. Contaminating alks are potentially dangerous and nasty. I have suspicions about the pdf file going around. I would love to hear that this is not wishful thinking.

123NEXT