We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaporisers and foil... I recant!! Options

corpus callosum
#1 Posted : 6/22/2010 11:50:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Good Morning fellow explorers of inner space!

This post is addressed to all Nexians but in particular to the esteemed members Endlessness, Gibran2 and SnozzleBerry.
You guys may recall our to-and-fros regarding vaporisation techniques and my passion for the foil.Well, I have been studiously working with the Classic Vaporgenie and I must say, it is more effective than the foil-not by much, but there you go!Smaller weights of DMT are more effective than the foil.Hence, I withdraw my previous position and am converted to the merits of the VG.This is not to turn around 180 degrees as the foil remains effective, but I feel its important to be humble and honest in such matters.

So thankyou for discussing this issue with me in a non-condescending manner;I do appreciate it!!!

A good day to one and all!!
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 6/22/2010 2:39:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I’m glad you’ve found a more effective technique – thanks for sharing your update. I’ve never used the VG, only the GVG, but those who have used both say the GVG is even more effective than the VG.

Here’s something I just realized the other day (a bit off-topic, but related). I used to use a homemade “machine-bong” type of thing: an Erlenmeyer flask with a hole drilled in it’s side to accommodate a test tube (3/4” dia). Anyhow, as with all devices, some spice would condense on the interior of the test tube, and the test tube was large enough where I could scrape off this condensed residue. It was always tan or pale brown in color.

With the GVG, there’s also condensed spice that accumulates, but I noticed that it’s always beautiful snow white. So I realized that (with my old device) even though I wasn’t burning my spice, I was “toasting” it, and I’m sure it was rendered less potent as a result.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

jbark
#3 Posted : 6/22/2010 2:51:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use a creepy (to me...) "meth" style bubble pipe, and while i only heat the sides and never directly under the spice, i always have an accumulation of that tan coloured liquid (that later solidifies). I guess i am toasting as well!! I am waiting to have a few good breakthroughs to invest in a gvg, to be absolutely sure that i am going to continue along the spice route.
Smile
JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

SnozzleBerry
#4 Posted : 6/22/2010 4:13:10 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Corpus callosum, glad to hear of your new trials, there are so many ways to smoke spice I feel like we should explore them all Very happy

jbark wrote:
I use a creepy (to me...) "meth" style bubble pipe, and while i only heat the sides and never directly under the spice, i always have an accumulation of that tan coloured liquid (that later solidifies). I guess i am toasting as well!! I am waiting to have a few good breakthroughs to invest in a gvg, to be absolutely sure that i am going to continue along the spice route.
Smile
JBArk

Well, imo, this doesn't necessarily mean you are toasting the spice. When I use my meth pipe and torch lighter, the first step is to heat the bulb until the crystals liquefy; even "pure white" crystals will not be a completely colorless liquid when they melt (and it solidifies that darker color as well, perhaps partly a result of oxidation). As the spice in the bulb liquefies, the heat is reduced as the first plumes of vapor kick up from the bubbling spice. At this point, the lighter is clicked on and off in such a manner so as to keep the heat fairly constant around this temp.

As far as how harsh the vapors are, they're slightly harsher than the gvg vapors, but it's incredibly close. The issue, imo, is that it does take more work to regulate the temperature, but other than that I find them very similar. The GVG is better for changa cuz of the chamber style being larger/easier to access than the bulb, but for straight fb, the bulb meth pipe is on par with the gvg as long as one has the understanding of how to apply heat to the device. It is easy to apply to much heat and burn your spice, but imo, with a practiced method the meth pipe can substitute nicely for the GVG for vaping dmt freebase.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

endlessness
#5 Posted : 6/22/2010 4:45:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey corpus callosum, what matters is that you feel like you gained something Smile Indeed we are always learning new things or refining our old methods.

In vaporizing methods, so far I only used the classic genie too, and I find it great! Ive heard the GVG is significantly better and I just ordered one, so lets see.... Smile

Gir
#6 Posted : 6/22/2010 5:44:43 PM

Gir

GVG: so smooth, its like fuckin liquid.

VG: smoothness is good, really nice for multiple people (3-4)

machine: SWIM likes, but its very very strange to use.

bong: wow that was a fucking hit. had to use double the amount of dmt to get his normal effects (instead of 25mg SWIM used ~45 [SWIM never measures.)

Foil: Last resort. Awful, what a waste for me Sad

I would like to try the Key V2 as well, but I dont have the supplies, and though I did recently go to ace, I forgot all about it because they were having a sale on solvents whoop!
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

hyperspacing
#7 Posted : 6/22/2010 6:07:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim was using a meth style pipe with a sort of M shaped curv to it. It worked well but could still burn it easily. Due to sometimes burning or not burning enough swim was falling short of breakthroughs. Lately swim as been infusing onto leaf and must say has been able to consistently break through with a weed pipe. Ill order a GVG and try that out when I have some cash that my wife won't miss or know about for that manner. Lol
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.