We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Blind Taste Test - Yellow vs White Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 6/22/2010 5:05:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I read an aweful lot of posts in which the poster is complaining about yellow spice or is disappointed in his yellow spice, or is spending allot of time attempting to ReX yellow spice into white spice.

I'm curious as to what the other voyagers here honestly believe. No egos here.

I have made changa from yellow spice and very white spice. At first I kept them in different containers. The Changa was made the same way both times. I finally mixed them. You could not tell the difference.

I have vaped both yellow and white. I have vaped nice clear shards. I have vaped brown waxy jungle.

I cannot tell the difference.. . . Well, OK I can, at doses above 30mg, tell the difference between a clear shard and jungle. The taste of the two is unmistakeable.

I read allot of posts that just sound like allot of BS to me. No disrespect intended to anyone on this website. Some of the members go on and on about how they can tell such miniscule details about different spice and changa mixes.

It makes me wonder what I am doing wrong. I have a couple of hundred vapor voyages with spice and or Changa. I have no clue when it comes to character or intensity of a certain color of spice.

Are people making this stuff up? Am I just missing something. I try to see what others claim.

When I cross over into a slice of the holograph I dont know what color of spice it was.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

joebono
#2 Posted : 6/22/2010 5:14:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree, IHS. I can't tell the difference and I've vaped and ate all different colors of spice. Sometimes spice from the same extraction can give such qualitatively different trips that I feel that I am taking a different drug altogether. I'll go one further and say that I don't think I can tell the difference between the harmalas either. Caapi, rue, purified, 50X, 20X, I think the differences are overwhelmingly set and setting.

hyperspacing
#3 Posted : 6/22/2010 5:15:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

as long as it isn't too harsh I don't mind the color of the ship so long as it takes me to the moon Pleased
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

q21q21
#4 Posted : 6/22/2010 5:28:43 AM

SWIM

II finally modified my bubbler and tried some THH changa and 2 experiences jungle and full-alkaloid were (absolutely amazing) and extremely similar.

pure spice on the other hand is a different story

The difference between yellow and white spice probably could not be distinguished in a blind test (taste excluded) changa or pure spice
I've said before that I would not have confidence in a blind test of full-alkaloid vs white DMT either. Differences are slight but overlapping somewhat.

Naptha-washed full-alkaloid or "pure jungle" on the other hand I would have 100% confidence in the blind test.

Jungle spice to me:
has 2/3 as long or less of a peak.
The OEVs are more object-specific with less tracers.
Jungle has never made me yawn during the comedown like white DMT. The afterglow in fact is much longer and a little stimulating
There more body load.
The headspace is more sober-feeling or "earthly"
Finally the visuals are completely different, they are more red-orange than pink-purple I get on white. Also they are blurrier and slower moving.

Could just be me but that's what I've observed
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

kaleidoscope eyes
#5 Posted : 6/22/2010 11:48:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm ive actually been wondering this myself as at the moment I have both a slightly yellowish and white spice.

The slightly yellow-ish coloured one has a few minor impurities and alkeloids in it, and I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago and had a rather uncomfortable experience- even my COE seemed ominous and nothing was even coloured- just this really empty feeling... After it I felt physically cold, and I had none of the euphoria I usually get. I felt sick, and I felt "out of it" for at least an hr ! By "out of it" I mean, like I didn't quite feel all there- and by that time any DMT should have been well out of my body but I still felt like I had the bodyload... Whilst def not exactly terrifying, it wasn't the beautiful, euphoric experience I usually have...

Since then I have thought a lot about what may have contributed to this- whether it was just from having a difficult week, whether it was just like that by random, whether psychosomatic from knowing it wasn't the "pure" spice etc...
So Ive decided for the next few experiences just to be safe, I'm going to go with the white spice...
But then this huge part of me is like "eeep don't be silly, surely just a few extra alkeloids wouldn't have made it unpleasant I'm just being melodramatic & in a blind test would not have known the difference. " Hmmm

So yes any thoughts on this would be very appreciated =)
the fictional character, kaleidoscope eyes, resides in the sky with diamonds and cellophane flowers

NoName
#6 Posted : 6/22/2010 3:09:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had quite a lot more yellow - brown/red coloured spice than of the white (most of my experiences were with the help of others who had used processes resulting in pale yellowish spice to quite dark redish coloured stuff - it was only recently that I tried the white after some head scratching and tek reading), and my experience on the white spice was overwhelmingly more positive than any of the previous. I found the visual journey much more colourful, and the ability to search internally and find problems (I have been using spice as an aid to healing for the most part) was greatly enhanced with the white. This is not to say that the coloured spice was negative, but just that I found the white left me more clear headed and able to direct the journey. The red dark coloured spice on the other hand left me feeling quite muzzy and with a blurred feeling, as well as the trip having a sense of menace to it (this sense is something I have had with all except the white spice, but it was much more pronounced with the red spice).

Hopefully that makes some sort of sense (I find generally that putting the spice experience into words is extremely difficult - there just don't seem to be any that describe it properly). The question of why those differences exist for me is also difficult - I may very well consider a double blind test at some point, as while the differences could be down to some substance present in the different coloured versions, it could also very easily be down to my state of mind and expectations before partaking.

I have read lots about how the different purities affect you differently, and while the first experience I had was with yellow spice, it also involved a certain amount of trepidation on my part about trying spice at all. The last experience I had (with the white spice) was undertaken with a completely different mindset - I'd been reading many accounts of how the white spice was totally different, and had no "dark side" at all, so I was almost certainly in a different place mentally. From experience with other entheogens and hallucinogens, I know that your mental state at the start makes all the difference (with acid it can be the difference between 12 hours of bliss or 12 hours of terror)...

If I do a double blind test I will keep a note of it all and post the results here Cool

OK. So who put a stop payment on my reality check?

Ice House
#7 Posted : 6/22/2010 4:56:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I like the responses here kind of a mixed bag, good posts none the less. I plan on conducting a couple double blinds very soon.
BLAB sodium carbonate converted full spectrum Jungle vs STB yellow vs an A/B Re X white or clear shard. I'd like to really get to the bottom of this.

So far, after a couple of hundred voyages its all spice to me.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 6/22/2010 5:10:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House Shaman, thank you!

This is something I've always wanted to test. I was always skeptical of the whole 'specific colours = specific trips' idea.

Even the same batch of spice in the exact same dose in the same day can result completely different experiences. How could anybody notice the constancy between the effects of different batches... ? and the people that usually make these claims dont even consider the possibility of self-suggestion, which makes me even more wary of the claims.

Im glad you're testing and I would like to test this too sometime. Smile

Gir
#9 Posted : 6/22/2010 5:34:03 PM

Gir

I see no difference in the colors. I gave it to a friend, "why is this yellower than the last stuff you made" "iono, its oily"... that was about it. The trip was the same: intense, almost overwhelming, and complete bliss.

I have meager experience with changa, I dont really enjoy it that much, maybe I dont make it right.
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 โ€นhouseโ€บ mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

Bill Cipher
#10 Posted : 6/22/2010 5:52:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The biggest and most consistent difference I've experienced is in the body load. Translucent white (for me) is more physically comfortable during the onset, which allows me to settle into the experience with less anxiety (and possibly delve deeper as a result). Power of suggestion? Possibly. But I've definitely noticed this to be the case (for me) with a pretty high degree of consistency.

Antrocles swears my white is inferior to his waxy yellow STB cheese. But then again, he also claims to be descended from Annunakians... so who are you gonna believe?

antrocles
#11 Posted : 6/22/2010 6:28:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

me luvs da cheese....

...alright- to actually add something valid to this excellent thread, i will say that having some of those 'other' actives that mimosa is known to have produces a more 'comprehensive' journey for me. the pure, pure stuff seems to be almost sterile or devoid of something earthy....something 'whole'. i love DMT however it is made manifest, but i tend to extract it to a pale, pale yellow crystal and that, for me, is the best. if i'm making changa, i'll even opt for a slightly more yellow end product.

but to me, there is really not any level of 'disappointment' when i work with the spice, regardless of it's hue. magic is magic and it all has infinite lessons to teach...

i will say, though, that i enjoy the taste of a more full-spectrum extraction...tastes like...home... Pleased

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

SunRise
#12 Posted : 6/22/2010 11:52:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

every time I go in its different...

the best I have ever done was my first time with spice, and also the product of my first stb extraction... Id have to call it cheese now that I read that! haha yellow cheesy juicy stuff it was, and floored me literally. Thats also my only breakthrough experience, go figure.
Spice Tavelin
Space Cowboy

Just know that when you finally realize what type of place the Nexus is, and how many lives it has touched, know that you have helped each one of them and I hope you continue doing so and never lose your way in life-Steely

Tangarine_Dreams
#13 Posted : 7/6/2010 8:02:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with darker producing more body. of the 12 ppl ive turned on, most are more comfy with the non white spices. to me most of them apeared waaaay farther out on the white then the colored spice but report enjoying the colored spice more. i believe this may be due to their lack of experience and being confuzed by the strength of the white?

all speculation.

Felnik
#14 Posted : 7/6/2010 3:08:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in a recent experience i noticed that the purest stuff seemed to jump start the vibration and get things started.

I never noticed a difference before until now. I love the energized clean experience that the purest stuff seems to bring. I have noticed the colors are different with the more yellow spice. the colors seem to be be bright wild color pallets on a dark black backround.

the post experience body load with the more impure spice seems real to me.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208