We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Iboga leaf as an addition to Changa Options

rahlii
#1 Posted : 6/19/2010 4:46:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have until recently been adding Iboga leaf from my garden into the Changa mix. upon mentioning this on the Nexus a few folk expressed their concern that this may not be such a good idea. As a result I have excluded this herb from my last couple of Changa blends.

There has been something absent, I really miss her. The best way to describe her is when she first presents she waves over you and an electric tingling massages the inside of your head.

Does anyone else partake in smoking Iboga leaf either in Changa or on her own? Do you feel her benevolent presence also?

She has been calling and I will meet with her on my next journey. See you soon.
From where is the noise?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

PsilocybeChild
#2 Posted : 6/19/2010 9:10:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sounds nice Very happy
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Big Inhale
#3 Posted : 6/19/2010 2:05:05 PM

The Enlightend One

Why was this considered a bad idea?
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

rahlii
#4 Posted : 6/19/2010 8:53:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As Iboga is a SSRI?? it is presumed that the addition of this herb into a Changa blend could result in a hypertensive crisis. I have not found this to be the case and I suffer from hypertension in general. I have also ridden through a hypertensive crisis after drinking Pau d'arco and an hour later dranking Ayahuasca. I was twitching on the ground going in and out of hypnotic trances with no idea who I was for around 3 - 4 hours. Oh what fun!!!

The addition of Iboga leaf in Changa blends does not in my experience bring you anywhere near a state that I associate as being in a hypertensive crisis.

However I would be extremely careful with ingesting this plant with any MAOI's.
From where is the noise?

ragabr
#5 Posted : 6/19/2010 10:42:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're not taking it with RIMA's (the selective MAO inhibitors in changa) then it doesn't meet the definition of changa. Could you expand on what the actual herbs used in the blend were?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

rahlii
#6 Posted : 6/20/2010 1:52:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As the title of the thread says - Iboga leaf as an addition to Changa.

Changa being DMT and if desired B. caapi extracts infused on B. caapi leaf with the addition of other herbs (with 'addition' pertaining to the other herbs). Over here where the noises from we grow most of our materials so like to keep it fairly simple.

I'll make up a couple of blends - a control and one with the addition of Iboga leaf extract (extract to keep the base control the same), find a couple of participants and post the results, couple of weeks max.

From where is the noise?

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 6/20/2010 2:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

i think the idea of iboga leaf in changa is a great one!
it's a sound

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
#8 Posted : 6/21/2010 1:01:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: Not separate from the rest of the universe. So, everywhere.
Paracelsus, one of the fathers of toxicology, said "The dose makes the poison." Should you take 200mg of Caapi Copy along with a huge crack-addiction-treating dose of oral iboga? Nope, bad idea. As far as I can tell, adding a bit of iboga leaf to smoked changa is quite a different story. I don't advise messing around with enhanced iboga, or making a strong changa with only DMT, iboga, and CC. But the small amounts you're talking about using shouldn't be problematic if you're mindful of starting with low doses, making sure they're safe before increasing, and having a sitter who knows how to identify and deal with serious medical problems.

rahlii
#9 Posted : 6/24/2010 12:30:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I too would be interested to know what the expected alkaloid profile of Iboga leaf material is .

Here is a link to urban use of Iboga leaf material -Iboga leaf

Seems it is definitely active from both personal experience and supporting discussion in the link provided.

I'll get around to testing soon.
From where is the noise?

rahlii
#10 Posted : 6/27/2010 11:28:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tested the Iboga leaf extract against the control last night.

Changa prep -

0.5g DMT
on
0.25g caapi leaf; &
0.25g 10x caapi leaf
halved to make one control and put 0.25g of IPA extracted Iboga leaf on the other half.

Test -

Myself and a fellow traveler loaded up 3/4 of a pipe each of the control batch.
- slightly visual with pattern moving around on the ground.

waited around half hour then loaded up the Iboga leaf extract Changa.
- The onset was much more physically intense with waves of euphoria and purple lumiecent open eye hallucinations. I could taste the chemical taste of the iboga leaf in my mouth. In comparison I'd say the Iboga leaf was a much fuller experience on every level. Lasted around the same length of time though.

I highly recommend this addition. The two can't even be compared. The Iboga leaf added so much to the experience. If you can grow a plant or source Iboga leaf material it well worth adding into your Changa blend.

Fellow travelers report to come soon.

And if anyone else tries a similar Iboga leaf changa mix I would love to hear of their experience.

Edit - Please remember to be cautious when testing new Changa additions as effects may vary from person to person.
From where is the noise?

rahlii
#11 Posted : 6/28/2010 10:05:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No Problem - send me your address and I'll post you some Iboga leaf. But I will be expecting a report back and not some report that everyone can pick to pieces either. I'll be wanting real scientific controls not none of this basement stuff, sheesh.
From where is the noise?

Dorge
#12 Posted : 6/30/2010 3:35:36 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

My thoughts on the Iboga and changa not being a good idea came from a freind who mixed iboga with aya and had a hypertensive crisis... he has since started mixing iboga with his changa... with interesting results. SO who knows...
Sounded like you had a good one though!
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

rahlii
#13 Posted : 6/30/2010 9:47:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fiashly wrote:
LOL. That's ok I trust you to do it. I suggest this however, spend some time smoking one version, a bit now, a bit later, you know, make an evening of it. Then do the same thing on another occasion with the other version. That way if the caapi buildup makes a difference it will make a difference on both occasions and basically cancel itself out. If one session is noticably different from the other then I will trust it is the iboga leaf and not because of the order in which you tested the two mixes.

Good advice Fiashly. I've already halved my changa stash and got the iboga leaf soaking. Your method sounds fair. Now I'll just have to convince my fellow traveler to undertake the alternative test. Shouldn't be too hard to convince him I'm sure.

From where is the noise?

rahlii
#14 Posted : 6/30/2010 9:48:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dorge wrote:
My thoughts on the Iboga and changa not being a good idea came from a freind who mixed iboga with aya and had a hypertensive crisis... he has since started mixing iboga with his changa... with interesting results. SO who knows...
Sounded like you had a good one though!

Good to know Dorge. I'll have to dig a root out and give it a test one day.
From where is the noise?

rahlii
#15 Posted : 6/30/2010 12:04:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just spoke to my fellow traveler cleva. He's keen to take the test so we'll have the results in a few weeks. He is however a new member so does not yet have full rights to post his response to the initial test. He's working on his intro essay and is keen to make some bold steps into hyperspace.
From where is the noise?

soulfood
#16 Posted : 7/1/2010 2:33:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Is there good reason why root bark may not be as suitable as the leaf?

It's pretty tricky growing iboga round here, but I have access to the bark and have a great respect for this plant.

PsilocybeChild
#17 Posted : 7/1/2010 6:36:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Root bark should be okay. Just grind it up well. I may be getting a small amount of iboga leaf soon. The idea of working with this rare, super healing plant is so exciting. I can use some defragging. Laughing When I get the chance to work with this teacher I will be sure to contribute any information I can. Very happy Very happy Very happy
cheers
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

rahlii
#18 Posted : 7/1/2010 8:44:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking forward to hearing of your experience with this magic herb PsilocybeChild. I hope she shares all you are seeking.

Stay well.
From where is the noise?

rahlii
#19 Posted : 7/2/2010 12:10:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just found this info while reading Garden of Eden by Snu Voolgelbreinder -

"Bwiti is thought to have been introduced to the Fang by the Mitsogho (Metsogo), along with the custom of eating iboga roots. Previous to this, the Fang ate the leaves of the iboga shrub for shamanic 'dreaming'.

and it goes on to say -

"Root wood, stem bark and leaves did not contain appreciable levels of ibogaine (Jenks 2002). Leaves of T. ibogavar. 'sese' (see below) yeilded 0.44% total alkaloids, including 0.0074% ibogamine, 0.013% a mixture of ibophyllidine and ibogamine and traces of iboxyphylline; leaves of T. iboga var. 'minkolongo' (see below) yeilded 0.32% alkaloids, including 0.015% a mixture of ibogamine and ibophyllidine, and 0.002% iboxyphylline (Khuong-Huu et al. 1976).

So I seems that there was traditional shamanic use of Iboga leaf prior to current practices. Even though leaf material doesn't have appreciable levels of ibogaine it still seems to contains a number of other iboga alkaloids of note, which are obviously active given the historic traditional usage of iboga leaf attributed to the Fang prior to their introduction to Bwiti.

From where is the noise?

PsilocybeChild
#20 Posted : 7/2/2010 9:11:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just curious, does anyone know if Ibogaine is active if smoked? and has anyone heard of anyone ever trying this
I'm curious if ibogaine is effecting the changa or if its the other alkaloids.

Intersting info rahlii Smile
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

12NEXT