We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Jobs Options

the_newcomer
#1 Posted : 4/23/2008 6:53:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm a student right now. No job until summer I suppose.

What about you folks? How do you make your bacon?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MR.shroom
#2 Posted : 4/23/2008 9:16:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

maintenance technician for a ligit living
underground dj for that extra cash Smile
insane hobby chemist for that extra spice in my head/life
well that's my "veg" (sorry im vegetarianSmile )

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 4/23/2008 2:18:18 PM

The Great Namah

I am an accountant year round. Pays the bills.

Some years I help an old boss with his tax firm.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Sinewave
#4 Posted : 4/24/2008 7:26:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:

I always wondered what you number crunchers do on your spare time ; )
There must be SOME adventerous ones...

I do front end stuff for websites. Design and markup (and some actionscript and jscript too).
Which means I work at home. Which is nice.

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 5/11/2008 2:07:47 PM

The Great Namah

Sinewave wrote:
acolon_5 wrote:

I always wondered what you number crunchers do on your spare time ; )
There must be SOME adventerous ones...

I do front end stuff for websites. Design and markup (and some actionscript and jscript too).
Which means I work at home. Which is nice.

I think I am maybe one out of a handful worldwide.
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 5/11/2008 2:47:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im currently working in an institute for poor supergifted children from dreamcity slums... My job is to help them develop ethical and open minded thinking.. Job is fantastic, payment is nearly non-existing, hah.. It´s ok though, since im a psychology student too, and living with parents, so the job is more for the experience..

End of the year, though, going back to a country with my girl, where I already lived for about a year working with gardening and house painting and getting quite good money.. Now the plan is also work with similar things in the beginning, but since im now graduated gonna try to find a job in some alternative-system school (my plan is to hopefully develop a transdisciplinary school system that takes in account all the different levels of human existence)

The Traveler
#7 Posted : 5/11/2008 11:17:39 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

I've moved this topic from General Discussions to the Hyperspace Tavern...

On topic:
I've got my own company together with 2 companions. My work in the company exists of engineering software. I really like ASP.NET/C#.

Within the company I also outsource myself two days a week, currently as troubleshooter/application designer.

imachavel
#8 Posted : 5/12/2008 12:54:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

seems like a cool job.

supernatural
#9 Posted : 6/2/2008 4:26:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm kinda one of the handful - mushie-eating accounts officer!

magic clown
#10 Posted : 6/4/2008 3:24:02 AM

aka Slap Stick Sam

I perform miracles and talk absolute bollocks. Its a fun, if not always a lucrative profesion.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

acolon_5
#11 Posted : 6/4/2008 3:46:24 AM

The Great Namah

supernatural wrote:
i'm kinda one of the handful - mushie-eating accounts officer!

Wow, I'm not the ONLY one!!!!
The Spice extends life

imachavel
#12 Posted : 6/4/2008 7:00:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm in charge of the head of forum bans at the shroomery. The truth is, when someone gets banned, I'm the one that looks it over, and bans or doesn't ban the person. No one gets banned or unbanned without me pushing the ban button on the member in question. I actually banned myself from there for social political reasons, the police had feds do a review on member imachavel for bringing up the controversy of creating natural lsd and insinuating the means to do so in private messages, so I locked the member account for 3 years, no communication, no account basically until I reopen it back up.

LOL, in the meantime I do odd jobs here and there, work at a restaurant, grocery store, whatever I can get part time while I'm in school. In the meantime I'm going to have to take the professional classes I need and not actually finish my first two years to take a job offer I can get if I'm qualified for the position since I'm getting old, I'm going to be 24 so..... I need to get out of my dads house and shit!
peace

imachavel
#13 Posted : 6/4/2008 7:02:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
im currently working in an institute for poor supergifted children from Rio slums... My job is to help them develop ethical and open minded thinking.. Job is fantastic, payment is nearly non-existing, hah.. It´s ok though, since im a psychology student too, and living with parents, so the job is more for the experience..

End of the year, though, going back to spain with my girl, where I already lived for about a year working with gardening and house painting and getting quite good money.. Now the plan is also work with similar things in the beginning, but since im now graduated gonna try to find a job in some alternative-system school (my plan is to hopefully develop a transdisciplinary school system that takes in account all the different levels of human existence)

you've got to be the coolest fucking person in the world, what's Rio like? Rio De Jenero, right?

Dwhitty76
#14 Posted : 6/21/2008 7:48:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am a commodity broker/equty raiser and a lunatic
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Reborn
#15 Posted : 6/21/2008 5:35:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Scientist, biochemist I guess would be the closest.
But it’s all about systems biology now,
We live in the omics generation now in biology so everything is large scale, chips, arrays, MS, 454 blah, blah, blah....
Some of us never even purify proteins or anything anymore, if you cannot work on the whole soup, its not sexy anymore. Some never even go in labs (and the call themselves scientist Smile
Memory, prophecy and fantasy
-the past, the future and the dreaming moment between -
are all in one country, living one immortal day.
To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.

benzyme
#16 Posted : 6/21/2008 8:44:17 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I'd say quantitatively monitoring enzyme activity by fluorometric detection is a scientist's skill, particularly if run accurately/precisely in triplicates. it's all about reproducibility
.. and yes, we still do it with well plate readers
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

burnt
#17 Posted : 6/21/2008 8:47:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

although i'm a fan of the systems approach it still does not often answer mechanistic questions which are essential in understanding the system.

benzyme
#18 Posted : 6/21/2008 8:52:48 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yep.

and on the personnel end of it, I have a big problem with authority figures in business, who don't know how to carry out the job descriptions of the people they manage. it may not be in their job description to do so, but still, a competent boss should be able to do the job of the employees if needed.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

endlessness
#19 Posted : 6/21/2008 9:35:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

imachavel wrote:

you've got to be the coolest fucking person in the world, what's Rio like? Rio De Jenero, right?

lol no im definitely not cool. thats why I try to make my life cool, to compensate a little bit haha Very happy

and yeah Dramland.. and here, just like everywhere else, has it´s downsides (big city stuff such as violence, traffic jams, pollution.. also loads of fake people) and it´s nice aspects (some nice people too, big forests and waterfalls 10 mins from downtown, beach, interesting contrasts in general, great opportunity for getting street-smart etc)

Reborn
#20 Posted : 6/21/2008 11:29:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

"although i'm a fan of the systems approach it still does not often answer mechanistic questions which are essential in understanding the system."

Thats why drilling back in with real biochemistry assays is so needed.
Memory, prophecy and fantasy
-the past, the future and the dreaming moment between -
are all in one country, living one immortal day.
To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.

12NEXT