We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mushroom low dosage as antidepressant Options

jbark
#1 Posted : 6/17/2010 9:13:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems to me that drugs that work on the serotogenereic system should be ideal candidates for treating minor depression, or simply a potentiator of "good moods"!

I was thinking in the 1/4 to 3/4 gram range (P. Cubensis dry weight), daily for a predetermined duration ( 1 week to 1 month, for example).

Anyone ever try this? Thoughts?

I am aware btw that i am not the first to make the connection - maybe someone knows of some studies involving psilocybin or some other indole alkaloid with similar serotogeneric activity?

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 6/17/2010 9:26:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

the only problem with this is toleracne that builds..so maybe every 3rd or 4th day would be ideal with the mushrooms..

Ayahuasca would by my choice. Both mushrooms and ayahuasca are wonderful, the 2 I feel most dedicated to..but ayahuasca has no tolerance..lends itself very very well to even daily use..

A light ayahuasca brew, that is mostly caapi with a touch of light should do the trick for daily use..make a brew that is like maybe 35-40 grams caapi and 2 grams mimosa(or a dose of psychotria that corresponds to that), and use that as 4 doses..prob be good to just brew up alot at once so Id just multiply it to whatever you need..

Those are just doses I would use personally though. Even 8 grams would be enough caapi for me to slightly potentiate the light plants, but the experience is very mild and short lived, about an hour or so..lots of empathic euphoria and a very pleasant crystaline clear state of mind..its like the afterglow of smoked DMT after the visuals really calm down and everything is just very clear, but the caapi adds an extra mental dimension of clearity to it. Its really like brain food..and the positive glow gained from it extends through the day after the immediate effects of the tea wear off.

You could still take the mushrooms every few days so that tolerance wont build..you wont have psilocin toleracne from the ayahuasca.
Long live the unwoke.

Acolyte
#3 Posted : 6/17/2010 11:33:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Indeed! Caapi is great, BUT BE CAREFUL 40g of caapi is FULL dose for me: hours of vomiting, trembling and wishing for death. Shocked

(start small)Very happy
?

jamie
#4 Posted : 6/18/2010 1:56:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^yeah, 40g is a full dose for sure for me..thats why i recommened 35-40g as 4 seperate doses..thats 10g or less per dose..an maybe .7 grams mimosa per dose..prob .5 even would be just fine.
Long live the unwoke.

jbark
#5 Posted : 6/18/2010 3:55:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys.

Fractal - hadn't factored in the tolerance, oops!! The reason i started with mushrooms is that i grow, and hence have a constant free supply.

However, i have been meaning to try caapi tea on its own for a while, so the moment seems opportune!! The tea brewing is time consuming, so i'll have to set aside a day somewhere to get started.

In the meantime i might try the shroom route, staggering the days. Any thoughts on dose? I am talking threshold or slightly above, nothing too immersive.

Thanks,

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.