We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Singing on Dmt Options

Beckersv
#1 Posted : 4/21/2008 6:33:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In these days i'm doing low-middle doses of dimitri e they were all very enjoyable, duting my strongest trip at a certain point i started to sing something with random but at the same time very melodic sounds. This happened me a lot also during my strongest ayahuasca trip, i just started to sing in a strange language, something random but intelligent.

I should put this creativity in making music, i'm already a musician but i never composed somthing serious.

Anyone with similar experiences?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

LemonScented
#2 Posted : 4/22/2008 2:09:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

not on dmt but on salvia swim has started singing. it was mostly chanting, not so melodic but highly rhythmic.

adrian89987
#3 Posted : 4/22/2008 3:35:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I sing sometimes too!
usually just random tones and no words, but sometimes Immediately afterward I go and sing 'namaste' to all the living things

lucious
#4 Posted : 4/22/2008 11:20:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I often sing as well. often to more modern music though. is it just me or does it seem to deepen your voice, also often feel the vibrations from the tones vibrate me and my surroundings.

modsquad09
#5 Posted : 4/24/2008 6:45:28 PM

mods

I remember my level 5 shroom trip, singing helped me while i was in "hell" & thinking i was dead.
It was just so intense & crazy(chaotic) that singing i think was the only thing that got me through it.
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

ZaZen
#6 Posted : 4/25/2008 8:50:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In indinegous traditions were dmt containing plants are used, especially ayahuasca, singing or simply making sound is THE device to navigate and controll the experience. Songs/Icaros/Hinarios are "received" or tought by spirits to the traveler, so that he can call them. All groups of Ayahuasqeiros have their own songs to call different types of spirits, to put the experience into some directions or even to provoke the "dmt" effect at all. Mostly the singing is supported by instruments (most popular the "maraca" ) drums, guitars, etc.. Sound itself is a mystery, McKenna also talks alot about the possibilities that "making sound" delivers to the ritual use of dmt. Man i can`t tell you, but for what i have experienced in Brazil, singing on Ayahuasca, and controlling the experience of the whole group, just thru singing, NO WORDS. I advice you, write down the songs you are receiving, learn them & use them, it`s not just a song, there are things behind the words that you are using. There are even songs to invoke the DMT effect! A typical Ayahuasca Group don`t consider DMT as the driving force that is responsible for the effect, it`s the song that the Shaman is singing or the spirits which he is calling for, the dmt it self makes you just more sensitive it`s opening the door, but to let beeings thru the door or to push you more controlled thru the door, YOU HAVE TO SING. Sure you will enter the dmt realms without singing, but unless you don`t sing you`re missing some opportunitys! I know it`s hard to unerstand these things from a rational point of view, but i have have seen this; drinking Ayahuasca and feeling nothing, then when the "Master" starts to sing, you think you are blown away, visions come up, and man, there are no words. Clearly it is matter of set & setting, the sounds can provoke some mental/spiritual set.

modsquad09
#7 Posted : 4/25/2008 10:21:46 PM

mods

ZaZen wrote:
In indinegous traditions were dmt containing plants are used, especially ayahuasca, singing or simply making sound is THE device to navigate and controll the experience. Songs/Icaros/Hinarios are "received" or tought by spirits to the traveler, so that he can call them. All groups of Ayahuasqeiros have their own songs to call different types of spirits, to put the experience into some directions or even to provoke the "dmt" effect at all. Mostly the singing is supported by instruments (most popular the "maraca" ) drums, guitars, etc.. Sound itself is a mystery, McKenna also talks alot about the possibilities that "making sound" delivers to the ritual use of dmt. Man i can`t tell you, but for what i have experienced in Brazil, singing on Ayahuasca, and controlling the experience of the whole group, just thru singing, NO WORDS. I advice you, write down the songs you are receiving, learn them & use them, it`s not just a song, there are things behind the words that you are using. There are even songs to invoke the DMT effect! A typical Ayahuasca Group don`t consider DMT as the driving force that is responsible for the effect, it`s the song that the Shaman is singing or the spirits which he is calling for, the dmt it self makes you just more sensitive it`s opening the door, but to let beeings thru the door or to push you more controlled thru the door, YOU HAVE TO SING. Sure you will enter the dmt realms without singing, but unless you don`t sing you`re missing some opportunitys! I know it`s hard to unerstand these things from a rational point of view, but i have have seen this; drinking Ayahuasca and feeling nothing, then when the "Master" starts to sing, you think you are blown away, visions come up, and man, there are no words. Clearly it is matter of set & setting, the sounds can provoke some mental/spiritual set.

Nice post man! that pretty much sums it all up, music was made from/with psycedelics for that purpose. So its not as boring, and so you can be guided.. its a gift that helps many in this world. MUSIC. and it came from drugs.
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

Infinite I
#8 Posted : 4/29/2008 3:01:47 PM

JC

My cousin ends up humming and singing, its happened quite a lot with him. We smoked a low dose the other night, think he took more and he started it and it sounded amazing it was really affecting me and my mate and he said that sounds beautiful and I totally agreed really did have an effect on my trip it was great! Reminded me how great dmt really is, been scared off it recently but hopefully this will give me the courage to start it again, maybe building up instead of big fuk off hits.