We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Sleep Paralysis Options

delta-9
#1 Posted : 6/10/2010 10:51:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just woke up from sleep paralysis, although it happens to me very rarely (couple of times in past year). Does anyone else on the Nexus experience this? I always feel presence of living entities but I never see them. Some times I have audio hallucinations of voices saying weird and hostile things like "I'm gong to kill you" or "let the attack commence". Its a weird phenomena I suppose.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Citta
#2 Posted : 6/10/2010 10:59:52 AM

Skepdick

It's great fun! I've experienced it quite a few times. The thing that happens is that I wake up, totally paralysed, and there is this sound. A loud, metallic kinda sound that are screaming through my ears. I have some hallucinations and I feel like I am levitating above my bed, while at the same time it feels like there is something huge and heavy sitting on top of me. Sometimes I feel the presence of entities, sometimes I can barely see them, and other times I just hear strange things while floating above my bed.

At the onset of these experiences it is pretty frightening and uncomfortable, but as I do when things get heavy in psychedelic journeys I just let go, relax and float with it. At times the sleep paralysis can actually get pretty euphoric and enojoyable once I just let go and relax.

Rgeular Dudess
#3 Posted : 6/10/2010 2:04:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yep. I´ve had it sometimes. Once I´ve been able to move while part of my brain has been sleeping. I perceived a ball of light moving past my feet and through the door in the bathroom. It moved to the opposite direction after about a minute. It was quite strange. I felt totally awoke though but it happened in the middle of the night. The other times I´ve percieved (saw and felt the precence) very real feeling sinister beings in my bedroom and at one time crabs/spiders and snakes were moving up and down on my wall. I can give a more detailed account of these if anyone´s interested.

I´ve been sleepwalking a lot when I was younger. I still do things in my sleep of which I´m vaguely aware the next morning.

apostle11
#4 Posted : 6/10/2010 11:15:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This use to happen to me quite a bit when I was younger.
I remember being approx 12-13yrs old and at the time it really freaked me out. I remember thinking the devil had control of me.
Now I don't mind things like that because if something like that is happening now its hopefully time to lucid dream. Need this to happen more often, get to them reality checks!
Pursue Perspective

jamie
#5 Posted : 6/11/2010 12:58:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

sleep paralysis rocks..I have had it multiple times a week my entire life.
Long live the unwoke.

UniverseXP
#6 Posted : 6/11/2010 2:16:34 AM

Roger

Ive also had a feeling of negativity surounding my sleep paralysis experiences, and they were when i was around 13-14. i was depressed and had anxiety back then, i feel i manifested alot of negative "things" back then. one time i couldnt even yell during it
: )

jamie
#7 Posted : 6/11/2010 2:19:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Ive never ever been able to yell durring sleep paralysis..
Long live the unwoke.

Ginkgo
#8 Posted : 6/11/2010 2:34:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love sleep paralysis. It's easy to get scared, but if you don't give in to the fear, the state provides very interesting possibilities of exploring your consciousness. Sleep paralysis is closely linked to lucid dreaming, and if you want to take it really far, astral projection.

The auditory hallucinations the thread starter describe does not surprise me. It is the fear you feel projected as entities. Don't give in to the fear, there's nothing to be afraid of! When it comes to screaming, I have no idea if I am able to scream during sleep paralysis, but more importantly I really can't see why one should scream.

By the way, I moved this thread to the new section that suits the subject better.

SCRIBES
#9 Posted : 6/11/2010 2:39:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, i had it once a little over a year ago and i will never forget the experiance. I woke up from a sound sleep. i cant believe im going to type this cause i know how it sounds. Any way i woke up and at the foot of my bed i saw a creature.
It was about two feet tall and it looked similar to the character from Harry Potter, Gobby i think was name. It was that little gobblin like creature that was the servent of the evil wizard with the blond hair, whos son was another student that didnt get along with Harry. Its skin was a light brownish greyish color with a wet pearl look to it (glimmering).
Any ways, it was at the foot of my bed waving one arm in the air which was conducting a purplish blue smoke substance that was above me. I must have startled the little guy, because suddenly i was gasping for air and couldnt move. The creature started to walk toward me. It actually started talking, except i couldnt understand it. It was speaking gibberish to me, but it sounded like the voice of one of Disneys chickmonks, very high pitch and fast.
Then it jumped at me! Or should i say it jumped in me! It seemed to have jumped into my head. The next thing i knew, i was in a lucid dream playing hide and go seek. When i found the little fucker he was sleeping. Then i woke up. I had no clue what just happened to me, so i told a dmt buddy and he sugested i look into sleep paralysis.
I googled it and it seemed to hit the nail on the head. However in the latest book im reading, Supernatral by Graham Hancock. He goes to Ireland to investigate fairy circles ( circles of faries dancing in syncopation in order to create portals to their world)and he interviews older people who say that they witnessed them or know of people who have. The people describe what they call a fairy blast. This blast is said to temporarily paralize its victoms so that the "fairys" can make their get away.
I really recommend reading Supernatural. Graham Covers topics such as ancient aliens,dmt,ayahuasca,shamanism, and a few others. He really does a thorough job researching and tying these things together. I know it sounds crazy(The experiance i shared), but believe me it was intense.

Love and Gratitude
One good thing about music is when it hits you, you feel no pain. So hit me with music.
- Bob Marley

benzyme
#10 Posted : 6/11/2010 3:00:18 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

sleep paralysis is when a spirit takes control of your body; you become a fainting goat.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Morphane
#11 Posted : 6/11/2010 3:26:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I recently learnt of Danish neuroscientist Lone Frank, who wrote Mindfield: How Brain Science is Changing Our World, and her relation of the God Helmet: a device which stimulates the brain into an altered state.

I think it is interesting that sleep paralysis and the God Helmet device both induce the feeling of a presence. Frank, for example, felt there to be a horrible gollum like creature wanting to bite her feet and ankles.

polytrip
#12 Posted : 6/11/2010 10:15:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I've had it a couple of times. It was in periods where i used to drink a lot of alcohol. there might be a correlation. Alcohol distorts natural sleep.

azrael
#13 Posted : 7/10/2010 7:47:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I know this thread's a month old... but had something I wanted to share.

When I find myself in sleep paralysis that's unpleasant, focusing on breathing helps bring me out of it. Breath harder and harder until you can begin to clench the throat on exhales, then while doing this try to twitch some muscle like an arm. Keep doing this and focus on moving your body and you'll wake up.

If I am so deep enough that there's no control over them then concentration on the breathing seems to grant control which leads to muscle control. It's like a path out of the place: consider breath, concentrate on breath control, breath harder, squeeze exhales, twitch, focus, wake. Works every time.

Sublime
#14 Posted : 7/10/2010 8:52:35 AM

Intraterrestrial

I'm not sure if it's just me but I enjoy waking up paralyzed in sleep paralysis, its a great feeling, and it can induce other things like astral projection, wake induced lucid dreaming, etc. Haven't had that in a while but I remember having it more than a few times, lasting only 30 seconds though, an odd sensation, nonetheless.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

reflexion
#15 Posted : 7/12/2010 3:06:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so how does one transition from sleep paralysis into astral projection or lucid dreaming or other states?

jamie
#16 Posted : 7/12/2010 6:05:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

reflexion wrote:
so how does one transition from sleep paralysis into astral projection or lucid dreaming or other states?

You stay with the paralysis and dont fight it..then there will be a transition, a breakthrough of sorts to the other side. You might hear and feel the buzzing strongly like your being electricuted but without pain..go with it.
Long live the unwoke.

Macre
#17 Posted : 7/13/2010 3:51:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've only had sleep paralysis two or three times, unfortunately each time was pretty mild. I would of course not be able to move or shout etc. I would feel some kind of presence with me, a dark presence, and my bed would sort of rattle. After a few seconds I'd snap out of it, and that would pretty much be it.

Peace,

Macre.
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

reflexion
#18 Posted : 7/18/2010 9:02:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

most every time i experience sleep paralyis i half-awake to find my self spinning at an incredibly high rate of speed, howling in my ears, wind pushing against my face and hair, ect. it's pretty intense, and my heartrate increases quite a bit. the spinning accelerates to almost an unbearable intensity before it quickly dies down and i find myself completely awake and my heart pounding away. it's quite a rush.

Macre
#19 Posted : 7/19/2010 1:38:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is another experience I've had, a few times over the last couple of years. One which is that of waking up and sitting up in bed, and being unaware as to who or where I am. This is coupled with a feeling that some sort of benign or indifferent, but not dark presence is there. It does not last long, and I either regain awareness of who and where I am, or I simply go back to sleep.

Peace,

Macre.
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

mindash
#20 Posted : 7/26/2010 5:37:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i haven't experienced this in a good 2-3 years but the first few times it terrified me and i thought i was having a stroke only to find out i wasn't even awake but eventually i learned to relax into the fear of it and this led to out of body experiences including 360 degree vision which would be impossible for me to describe. i have to say tho the last time i experienced sleep paralysis i did get freaked out, tried walking to my moms bedroom, (i realize now that trying to physically move does a great deal to hinder movement, i think willing the movement is more crucial) and halfway there i woke up back in my bed but still feeling strange and unable to speak so once again i attempted to walk into the living room as half of my body felt ok and the other half was vibrating violently. once again i woke up in my bed. after about 4 or 5 experiences of false awakening i finally did wake up but i was drained, i have no idea what caused that to happen and it hasn't occurred again since tho i do look forward to it lol

12NEXT