We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Making a percolator Options

g13juggalo
#1 Posted : 6/9/2010 9:21:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was thinking of making a percolator, and using lime. Like in this tek
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Amor_fati's_Nontoxic_Approach_to_Spice_Extraction

Only problem is that I was intending on using naptha instead of d-limonene. Would this work, and what alterations would I have to make?

Also, how much lime should be used for 100g of mimosa? It said 50-100. I'm not sure if it can be anywhere in that range, or if it depends on factors.

and do you need to use fumaric acid? Any ways to get around it?

Btw, any have any idea how I could determine the PH of a DMT extraction with Phenolphthalein indicator? Don't ask why, but I have a small bottle of it, but no ph strips. I figure it would work to test the ph, but could also poison the extraction.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ragabr
#2 Posted : 6/9/2010 9:35:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're using naptha, I believe that you can just freeze precipitate, instead of crashing out the DMT by salting it.

If you do need to crash it out for the d-limo, you can use House's BLAB Jazz to get around the fumaric with vinegar, especially if you're making changa.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

g13juggalo
#3 Posted : 6/9/2010 10:50:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ragabr wrote:
If you're using naptha, I believe that you can just freeze precipitate, instead of crashing out the DMT by salting it.

If you do need to crash it out for the d-limo, you can use House's BLAB Jazz to get around the fumaric with vinegar, especially if you're making changa.

Ahh. That sounds like it'd be a lot easier.
Would I need to make any alterations to the method if I used naptha?
And would just evaporating off the naptha and scraping the crystals work? I never quite understood freeze precipitating, and it always seemed unnecessary.