We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca: what went wrong? Options

HyperspaceAlchemist
#1 Posted : 6/8/2010 8:38:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so SWIM created a batch of aya for SWIM and a frog, using 20g of syrian rue and 60g of psychotria viridis. This was ground up, placed into a crock pot, with water and the juice of one lime. This was left 2 sit in a crock pot overnight on warm. This was then filtered into a jar and then consumed later that day. After great anticipation, nothing happened.

Does anyone have any ideas or insight as to where SWIM might have done something wrong?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 6/8/2010 9:56:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

20g of rue for one person? thats way way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. For one person for MAO inhibition, 3,5g should be enough

btw, whenever you make a brew like this, whether it is to drink or to extract, always do a second and third simmers otherwise there will be a significant amount of alkaloids loss

where are your rue and your viridis from? is it reliable supplier?

HyperspaceAlchemist
#3 Posted : 6/8/2010 10:20:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This was for two, SWIM and a FROG.

Yes it was a very reliable supplier.

But, there was only one simmer, it was all night, but still only one.

Maybe more washes is needed, thanks for the input.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 6/8/2010 2:03:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

For it to be Ayahuasca there must be Caapi/Aya vine in there instead of the Rue.

As endless said, you need to do 3 simmers with fresh water each time.

Better luck next timeSmile

endlessness
#5 Posted : 6/8/2010 3:09:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah if it was weak viridis you need more viridis, like 1.5 or 2 times that amount, and less rue... even half of what you took of rue for two people would have been too much, with 3 simmers

jamie
#6 Posted : 6/8/2010 3:59:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I think if you cant feel 10g of rue alone there is some tolerance issue there.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#7 Posted : 6/8/2010 5:38:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
You're lucky that you didn't extract the rue properly, otherwise you'd have been very sick or maybe dead. I wouldn't know, but i can imagine 20 grams of rue could be lethal. If it doesn't kill you, at least you get very, very sick from such a quantity. I get seriously nauseated from just 2 grams of the stuff.

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 6/9/2010 9:34:13 PM

The Great Namah

HyperspaceAlchemist wrote:
Ok, so SWIM created a batch of aya for SWIM and a frog, using 20g of syrian rue and 60g of psychotria viridis. This was ground up, placed into a crock pot, with water and the juice of one lime. This was left 2 sit in a crock pot overnight on warm. This was then filtered into a jar and then consumed later that day. After great anticipation, nothing happened.

Does anyone have any ideas or insight as to where SWIM might have done something wrong?

Most psychotria on the market is weak. 60g usually does nothing to me. You need to up your chacruna, use chaliponga instead, or add xtal spice to your brew. The normal low starting dose I hear with p. viridis is 50g/person. Many need 100g or more, some need much less. You seem to need more.

20g rue is dangerous, not like you're gonna die, but more like, "damn, I am in such agony I wish I could die"...

Check out the Aya forums for brewing techniques. Brewing Aya correctly isn't as easy as you might think.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

collision_course
#9 Posted : 6/12/2010 9:35:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ive done ayhuasca a few times, wasted alot and never got any result, the only time i got it to work was with a cold water extract, some lemon jusice and water and mimosa,
sadly that time i took some vitamin C tablet which consumed sucralose, which is similar to aspartame, and i had a horrible headach, i couldnt even focus on the trip, it was a horrible experience. so give a cold water extraction a try, sok it for a day, drink it, then soak the remainding leaves however more times you deem fit.
couldnt hurt to try Very happy
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl, back in my brain
I think you know, the game I mean
I mean the game, called 'go insane'

you should try, this little game
Just close your eyes, forget your name
Forget the world, forget the people
And we'll erect, a different steeple

This little game, is fun to do
Just close your eyes, no way to lose
And I'm right there, I'm going too