We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
*EDIT dmt=powernap? Options

RG113
#1 Posted : 6/7/2010 12:35:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I tried this the other night and the next day I was no more tired than usual? anyone have any side effect possibilities they know of?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ghostman
#2 Posted : 6/7/2010 12:47:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What are you trying to achieve? Why would you want to use DMT to avoid sleeping? Sleep is natures balm, get some.
Peace in mind, Love in heart

Ginkgo
#3 Posted : 6/7/2010 12:53:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you suggesting that you may use DMT every night instead of sleeping? Going one night without sleep isn't going to do you any harm, but regularly having awake nights or avoiding sleep for longer periods of times is not favorable, to say the least.

Sleep is an absolute necessity for every human being. In fact, if you don't sleep you will die. It may be that an afterglow-effect of the DMT masks the symptoms of sleep deprivation (inability to focus, restlessness, tired feeling, etc.) somewhat, but that does in no way mean that taking DMT stops your need to sleep.

Without further comparison, amphetamines and other strong stimulants enables people to stay awake several days or even weeks in a row. That does in no way mean that sleep isn't necessary, it just means that you don't notice that you need it.

RG113
#4 Posted : 6/7/2010 12:56:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

nothing to achieve just basically doing my own research. and didn't know what the negatives could be. giving that dmt is released during the rapid eye movement stage of sleep which is when the brain does its work during sleep

Ginkgo
#5 Posted : 6/7/2010 1:00:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RG113 wrote:
giving that dmt is released during the rapid eye movement stage of sleep which is when the brain does its work during sleep

That is incorrect. It is a theory that DMT gets released during sleep, yes, but it hasn't ever been found any evidence for it. To the contrary, everything points in the direction that DMT's role in sleeping is minute to non-existent.

RG113
#6 Posted : 6/7/2010 1:01:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

to evening glory, the effects of dmt work off entirely after about ten minutes without an maoi so I don't think its masking the effects. and like i said im just doing research.

ghostman
#7 Posted : 6/7/2010 1:01:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RG113 wrote:
nothing to achieve just basically doing my own research. and didn't know what the negatives could be. giving that dmt is supposedly released during the rapid eye movement stage of sleep which is when the brain does its work during sleep

I fixed that for you.

And how are you conducting this experiment? What is your hypothesis and expected conclusion. Are you supposing that DMT could somehow replenish the brain without the need for sleep?

Are you smoking DMT at intervals to keep yourself awake?

Don't let Chinese sweat shops hear about this. Wink

Ginkgo
#8 Posted : 6/7/2010 1:04:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RG113 wrote:
to evening glory, the effects of dmt work off entirely after about ten minutes without an maoi so I don't think its masking the effects. and like i said im just doing research.

I never claimed that any DMT is left in your body. All I stated was that an afterglow-effect might be responsible. It is a known fact that most entheogens may give an afterglow even days after all of the substance have left the body.

RG113
#9 Posted : 6/7/2010 1:07:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

haha yeah but imagine how much more Nike would make lol. and yes i am supposing that but its not a concrete experiment. its just doing something. i know that just going 48 hours without sleep cant make too much of an impact in the long run.and thank you for the constructive criticism, that's what I'm here to get

ghostman
#10 Posted : 6/7/2010 1:09:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RG113 wrote:
haha yeah but imagine how much more Nike would make lol. and yes i am supposing that but its not a concrete experiment. its just doing something. i know that just going 48 hours without sleep cant make too much of an impact in the long run.and thank you for the constructive criticism, that's what I'm here to get

My advice, stop your experiment and get some sleep. Using DMT to aid sleep deprivation is potentially very fucking dangerous (in fact using anything to aid sleep deprivation is dangerous).

How experienced are you with DMT?

RG113
#11 Posted : 6/7/2010 1:14:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i've done about 20 doses or so. And I got some solid sleep and feel fine. Thanks for the concern.

RG113
#12 Posted : 6/7/2010 1:34:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I guess i worded this incorrectly. let me clear this up I was wondering if doing a dose of dmt would work as a type of power nap. and if so could it be applied to staying up for two days. (to boost productivity. I put in a full days worth of manual work on day two of the experiment and i did it pretty well and was pretty well mannered.) I went to sleep at 9 P.M. on thursday and woke up at 8 A.M. on friday and didnt sleep until saturday at about 9 P.M.

SnozzleBerry
#13 Posted : 6/7/2010 2:45:44 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

RG113 wrote:
I guess i worded this incorrectly. let me clear this up I was wondering if doing a dose of dmt would work as a type of power nap. and if so could it be applied to staying up for two days. (to boost productivity. I put in a full days worth of manual work on day two of the experiment and i did it pretty well and was pretty well mannered.) I went to sleep at 9 P.M. on thursday and woke up at 8 A.M. on friday and didnt sleep until saturday at about 9 P.M.

What would make you think that "a dose of dmt would work as a power nap"? No hypothesis is formed in a vacuum and I find myself wondering what on earth would make you think that dmt would have any effect on your ability to maintain wakefulness. Are you aware of the chemical mechanisms for sleeping/wakefulness? Are you aware of the chemical mechanisms for dmt experiences(or psychedelic experiences in general)? If you were you'd see why this premise is somewhat ridiculous. If I hit you over the head with a hammer and you pass out, is that the same as you going to sleep (despite the fact that you may look the same to an outside observer)?
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

mattritt
#14 Posted : 6/7/2010 7:48:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say yes, Hitting yourself in the head with a hammer is equivalent to smoking DMT.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

Towley2
#15 Posted : 6/13/2011 3:27:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

so wait.... should i use coffee or dmt??

orrrr.... dmt in my coffee Cool

moz
#16 Posted : 6/13/2011 3:56:44 PM
ู…ูˆุฒ

I think it's fair to say a dmt trip will distract you from being tired. I also think it's fair to say that as your body tires and cognition slows that a dmt trip might add a pleasant glow to the surreal edge of sleep derivation which may make it easier to manage. Either way, it may make you feel like your productivity has been boosted because it's what you want to believe but you'll probably find your actual productivity will be reduced. That'll be exponential as well as you adjust your sleeping pattern back to normal over the coming days. Very strange idea you have there, hope it works out..
ู…ูˆุฒ

Global
#17 Posted : 6/13/2011 7:07:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

...not to neglect a likely placebo effect in your experiment either.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Dreamwalker
#18 Posted : 6/13/2011 11:12:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattritt wrote:
I would say yes, Hitting yourself in the head with a hammer is equivalent to smoking DMT.

Hahaha!! That just had me laughing out loud when I read it. Very true indeed!

Honestly, after a good dose of DMT I want to go right to sleep. The yawnfest begins about five minutes after I come down. That's just one of the reasons I restrict my use to night time only.

soulfood
#19 Posted : 6/13/2011 11:15:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'd say DMT makes it difficult for me to sleep rather than eliminate the need for it. Though there has been many a time when I have smoked all night and not wanted to go to sleep... ever again Smile

It's a bit like making a child put his new toy back in the box.

ewok
#20 Posted : 6/14/2011 12:44:00 AM

Dmt makes me sleep unless its a breakthrough dose then I can't sleep at all till my mind regathers composure.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.