We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Colemans Premium Blend Fuel Problem!**RED/PINKISH CRYSTALS** (Rust Inhibitors?) Options

A-Psily-Cuben
#1 Posted : 6/2/2010 2:09:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM recently completed my first extraction using Lazymans tek.

SWIM extraction was followed exactly how expected

-used MHRB powder
-used pure lye crystals
-followed the extremely easy instuctions successful

but....

-used Colemans Premium Blend Fuel

From what SWIM has have heard the Colemans Camp Fuel (one in can) has a green/blue dye and may have rust inhibitors and produces a green/blue spice product. The Fuel i use has a pink colour to it. After calling Colemans I came to the conclusion that the pink colorent is the new dye they use because it is more effecient for burning. I am not sure if there is rust inhibitor in "Premium Blend Fuel" or if there are other additives that may be present in this solvent.

I am not aware of how to post an images using this forum (I'm new to forums in general) or else i would show you guys picture of this waxy pink/red spice.

The spice has a the synthetic smell similiar to a new leather show and is forming waxy-like crystals along the glass pan where SWIM evapourated his solvent.

note.

I fan dryed my solvent (could this have anything to do with the waxy characteristic?)

QUESTIONS

1. If dyes and rust inhibitors are present in my dmt, how may i clean my product to rid of these unwanted additives. Recrystalization (w/ freeze precip), ammonia wash?

2. Would these methods completly remove the unwanted additives?

3. Is it safe for one to smoke this product? 75mg ish has been smoked in a joint between three people resulting in dmt experience.

Any suggestions to help me out in my situation would be greatly appreciated.

A-Psily-Cuben attached the following image(s):
011.jpg (1,138kb) downloaded 261 time(s).
013.jpg (722kb) downloaded 262 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Touche Guevara
#2 Posted : 6/2/2010 2:55:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

PLEASE DO NOT SMOKE THIS AS IS

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=5572

^This thread has the account of another person who encountered a similar problem.

stevowitz
#3 Posted : 6/2/2010 2:59:36 AM

The Dude

red naptha?

not good...

your naptha needs to be clear from the start.

always do an evaporation test on your solvents to see if they leave any residue
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

A-Psily-Cuben
#4 Posted : 6/2/2010 3:02:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there any way i can fix this?

stevowitz
#5 Posted : 6/2/2010 3:08:08 AM

The Dude

If you read the link that Touche gave you...you will find the answer is that you need to do a freeze precip...

1. scrape all that up
2. dissolve it into a small amount of solvent
3. set in freezer for 24 or more hrs
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

endlessness
#6 Posted : 6/2/2010 9:26:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally, I would avoid smoking that and consider that a failed experiment. Next time be SURE that your solvent evaporates clean. Put some of it in a dish and let it evap by itself to see if it leaves residues.

If in any case you dont want to lose your stuff, recrystalize AT LEAST twice or three times with CLEAN solvent.

good luck

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 6/2/2010 9:38:32 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Colemans Premium Blend Fuel...

Not so premium it appears!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

A-Psily-Cuben
#8 Posted : 6/3/2010 1:15:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, Will a recrystallization with (using freeze precip) clean my dmt enough so that it is smokable?

Touche Guevara
#9 Posted : 6/3/2010 2:31:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

A-Psily-Cuben wrote:
Thanks, Will a recrystallization with (using freeze precip) clean my dmt enough so that it is smokable?

Nobody here will be able to say for sure, since the contams are unknown. To be safe, re-x enough times that it's snow white and then do it again for good measure.

A-Psily-Cuben
#10 Posted : 6/3/2010 4:44:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I will begin re-x tomorrow using LePage Contact Cememt Thinner/Cleaner

It is a mixture of: (according to MSDS)
toluene
acetone
naptha

Im currently in the process of doing an evap test with this new solvent

I will report on this and provide pictures along the process

A-Psily-Cuben
#11 Posted : 6/17/2010 12:43:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After doing an 100-200ml evap test with my new solvent, there was a very thin film of resin at the bottom of the cup after evaporation. it was sticky with no smell. SWIM proceeded with using it for my re x/freeze precip.

SWIM freeze precipitated once for 24 hours leaving the following result (picture directly after removal from deep freeze and removal of solvent):

Picture [1]

After leaving these crystals in a room temperature environment they melted into a liquid yellowing (very slight pink) oil. To my knowledge this is because of the high content of dmt oxide present in my product (used speed evapourtation initally with high powererd fan) and the little remaining initial colemans premium blend fuel red dye.

Wanting further purification, SWIM freeze precip again using the same new solvent for 24 hours in a deep freeze. The colour had improved to a whitish/yellowish crystal formation after removal from freezer. Once again after sitting in room temperature for a bit, the crystals had once again melted into an yellow oil (no longer pink). SWIM then let this product sit out for about a day to remove remaining solvent impurities. The yellowish oil was beginning to harden and dry slightly. SWIM stirred this until it gradually became more dry and brittle leaving him with yellowish/orange dmt chunks. The product has a dmt smell that is far less strong as the initial batch of red/pinkish crystals. The dmt still has a waxy sorta feel (believe due to dmt oxide). Here is a picture of the final product:

Picture [2]

Any idea of other possibilities behind the yellowish/orange waxy dmt chuncks?

Any help would be appreciated

A-Psily-Cuben attached the following image(s):
013.jpg (586kb) downloaded 172 time(s).
014.jpg (644kb) downloaded 170 time(s).

sleeper
#12 Posted : 6/17/2010 9:36:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Coleman's fuel gave me blue-green spice goo that would not properly crystalize. I HIGHLY recommend using VM&P naphtha instead of ANY type of fuel/lighter fluid.

If it's having trouble drying completely (stays oily) at room temp, try my method of re-x:
1) freeze precip
2) pour off solvent
3) set hair dryer on it (normal hot setting) to dry and melt into a clear goo with yellow tint
4) when it is syrup-y and the glass jar is hot, add ~50ml of fresh VM&P naphtha, seal, shake, return to freezer when all dissolved
5) freeze precip again, dry this time with hair dryer on "cold air" setting...your result should be some fluffy white powdered crystals

endlessness
#13 Posted : 6/17/2010 10:09:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A-Psily-Cuben wrote:
I will begin re-x tomorrow using LePage Contact Cememt Thinner/Cleaner

It is a mixture of: (according to MSDS)
toluene
acetone
naptha

dont use this... if it has toluene and acetone, it wont work at all for freeze precip or wont work good enough (some dmt will be dissolved in the solvent even at freeze temperatures because tolu and acetone dissolve dmt too good.

A-Psily-Cuben wrote:
After doing an 100-200ml evap test with my new solvent, there was a very thin film of resin at the bottom of the cup after evaporation. it was sticky with no smell. SWIM proceeded with using it for my re x/freeze precip.

let me get this straight.. your solvent FAILED the evap test (leaving a resin = non volatile impurities = they will be in your final product) and you proceeded using it anyways? then why bother doing the evap test at all if you dont care about the results?

find a CLEAN evapping aliphatic-only (naphtha/heptane/hexane only, no toluene no xylene no acetone) and recrystalize your dmt several times. Even still, to be honest, its no guarantee your dmt wont have any toxic impurities. Personally I would consider it a failed experiment and do another extraction, starting with clean solvent this time. Your body is a temple, treat it as such. Do as you will, though, but if you do want to continue with this, please find a clean solvent first to re-x