We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Using Freezer to avoid Turkey Baster/Separation Options

lyserge
#1 Posted : 5/31/2010 10:39:45 PM

polyfather anomalous

SWIM got the idea to stick a jar of bi-layer naphtha and lye/acid/mimosa mixture into the freezer. When she checked on it later that day, the lye/mimosa mixture was frozen solid, and the Spice had freeze-precipitated out of the naphtha; a layer of very well-formed crystals was lying at the bottom of the naphtha, resting on the frozen mimosa mixture. She tried pouring off the naphtha then using acetone to clean up the crystals, then infused into ground-up Caapi vine. Unfortunately by the time she poured the naphtha off, the frozen mimosa was beginning to thaw, so the acetone also contained a small amount of mimosa/lye mixture. She managed to separate this out.

SWIM has found that the turkey baster/separation part of the process has proved to be the most difficult since the solvent tends to eat away every utensil she's purchased. This seems to be a promising way to completely avoid the need for such tools; if she could freeze the mimosa layer and pour the Spice-infused naphtha out before the Spice precipitated out, she could simply stick the Spice-infused naphtha into another jar and pop it back in the freezer for precipitation. Has anyone else tried this succesfully?
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

69ron
#2 Posted : 5/31/2010 11:08:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you use d-limonene instead of pantha, the DMT will stay in the d-limonene. Then you could simply pour off the d-limonene while the water layer is frozen. You'd have d-limonene with DMT in it. Then the problem of getting the DMT out of the d-limonene needs to be dealt with, but there are solutions to that posted on the Nexus already.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.