We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Siphoning Options

Zig
#1 Posted : 5/31/2010 2:51:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have tried decanting a few times which was not my favorite. Most recently I have been using a stainless steel turkey baster to pull the naptha out of my basified solution, but during my last extraction the rubber part on the top was eaten through (I assume this can be attributed to the lye, but I'm no expert). I was about to go to the store and buy another turkey baster....but I figured I would ask here first:

What do the pro's use to siphon naptha out of their basified solution?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

wade
#2 Posted : 5/31/2010 6:29:43 PM

wade

Naptha probably ate the rubber
If you're pulling lye up into your baster, than you're pulling lye up into your extract and that is BAD
Be super careful when siphoning
some pros here use glass eye droppers
this way the naptha doesn't reach up into the rubber, just about 3/4 the way up the glass

barrowingtime
#3 Posted : 6/1/2010 7:02:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i got a clear plastic turkey baster, lets me see what is being sucked up and is much longer then an eye dropper.

buk
#4 Posted : 6/1/2010 7:28:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can get clear glass turkey basters really cheap, I'm guessing glass is better than plastic for this purpose. If you make sure you fill it half way each time it shouldnt eat the plastic, atleast it didnt for me. I think its worth shopping around for the turkey baster though because mine was very cheap but not very airtight so alot drops out of it which is fustrating.