We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSD FOR TE MASSES Options

hoff1943
#1 Posted : 4/12/2008 8:16:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is anybody aware of a LSD NEXUS like this one if not is there anybody interested in helping start one i know for a fact LSD isn't that hard to make harder than DMT granted but Pickerd was not the country's LSD cook when the silo in kansas went down he was were everybody got their ergot then everyone got scared. i know we can be using woodrose or about half a dozen other precursers to get LSA though so I encourage anybody with information on this to share because there are plenty of people ready to learn again we just need a Q and A forum such as this and laymens instruction like we have for DMT

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Entropymancer
#2 Posted : 4/12/2008 8:27:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

The method in TiHKAL is really about as simple as it gets. At least the part from lysergic acid to LSD via POCl[sub]3[/sub].

Obviously the average would-be LSD chemist doesn't necessarily have access to ergotamine tartrate. As you mentioned, an alternate precursor can be obtained from morning glory or HBWR seeds. After doing a mild acid base and running the extract on a column to isolate the lysergamides, treat them with hydroxide for 20 minutes with moderate heat to cleave the amides into their constituent lysergic acid and amines. Voila, you have precursor.

For the slightly more ambitious, you can grow your precursor from culture. Generally people speculate about doing this with ergot (Claviceps purpurea), but there are very very few strains of ergot that will produce ergotamine in culture. An alternative is Claviceps paspali, which has been reported to produce paspalic acid in culture. This can be readily converted to lysergic acid (I believe by the same hydroxide treatment that is applied to the amides above).

Wait a second, I've written this before. *does a quick search and copy&pastes*

Quote:
Starting Materials
Ergotamine tartrate. Obviously if you've got access to this en masse, then it's safe to conclude some force in the universe wants you to make some acid. For everyone else, plant materials are the most appropriate precursor.

Ergot fungus. Many people claim that one could feasibly grow ergot from culture and harvest, but as far as I know, the strains of ergot which will actually produce ergotamine in these conditions are in a distinct minority. Uncle Fester recommends planting a field of rye and infecting it with ergot. Sounds complicated and drastically ups the investment cost for production. Lysergic acid amides including ergotamine can be extracted from the ergot to serve as starting materials.

Another ergot route would be growing some Claviceps paspali, which will produce paspalic acid in culture. Paspalic acid can be isomerized to lysergic acid with tertbutylammonium hydroxide (or other tertalkylammonium hydroxides), or more crudely with sodium or potassium hydroxide. The big problems with this route is a scarcity in the literature on optimal growth conditions to encourage paspalic acid production. Also I don't even know where you begin to go about obtaining the C. paspali in the first place.

MGS/HBWR The perennial favorite (oops I made a pun), these seeds are commonly available, but if you're buying enough to make LSD, then you might recieve an undesired visit from Johnny Law, so again the only practical method for large-scale production would be growing the flowers and harvesting seeds. Unfortunately, both types of seeds contain significant portions of clavine alkaloids which do not readily seperate from the wanted lysergic acid amides. Consequently, seeds are not a feasible starting material if you're running a synthesis starting from a crude extract of lysergic acid amides, however the clavines can be more readily removed if the lysergic acid amides are processed into lysergic acid and purified.

Synethetic Routes
Once you have your lysergic acid amide or amides, there seem to be two main routes you can follow:

Proceed directly from the amide to LSD: Treat the amide or amides with anhydrous hydrazine to form the hydrazide, followed by actylacetone to forn lysergic acid pyrazole, which forms LSD on treatment with diethylamine.

Proceed to LSD through Lysergic Acid: Most synths proceed through or start from lysergic acid. Lysergic acid is easily produced from lysergic acid amides by treatment with hydroxide, and isolated as the monohydrate. Lysergic acid monohydrate is unsuitable for water-sensitive reactions, but in general it seems easiest to choose a synthetic route that is not sensitive to this water of hydration. If absolutely necessary, the waters of hydration can be removed under 2 mm Hg at 140 degreees C (Uncle Fester doesn't recommend this for reasons he doesn't explain, but probably has something to do with the instability of the lysergic acid).

From lysergic acid, there are a variety of methods available:
- Procede from lysergic acid through an azide intermediate (Hoffman's original method, similar to the above method starting from lysergic acid amide)
- Form the lithium salt of lysergic acid (via KOH), treat with two molar equivalents of sulfuric anhydride (SO[sub]3[/sub]), followed by an excess of diethylamine.
- Procede via trifluoroacetic acid. Another old method, not very popular as far as I can tell.
- Procede with diethylamine via the acid chloride intermediate using POCl[sub]3[/sub]. This is the procedure used by Shulgin in the TiHKAL recipe, and seems to be the best option here.

Final Workup
Whatever procedure was used in the synthesis, the final product generally ends up with a certain portion of iso-LSD. The LSD and iso-LSD are seperated by column chromatography. The LSD is then converted to the tartrate salt. The iso-LSD is racemized with KOH and run through the chromatography column; the process is repeated a couple of times, and the collected LSD fractions also converted to the tartrate salt.

Well, that sums up the main routes that I found. Shulgin also mentions a method using a peptide condensation agent N,N'-carbonyldiimidazole, but this doesn't seem like a generally practical choice... If I've missed a practical route to LSD that someone else can spot, I'd certainly be interested.

hoff1943
#3 Posted : 4/13/2008 3:57:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

your stuff is deffinately an easier than TiHKAL but what I am talking about is I want some real LSD for dummies info out there i mean TiHKAL and the psycadelic encyclopedia are great and all but you need a pretty sound background in chemistry for those and I know for a fact you don't need a sound background in chemistry to make LSD if you have a simple enough recipie after making meth should be alot harder to but a bunch of tweekers got together and started passing around meth for dummies recipies and granted the truely retarted still blow themselves up often enough but more often than not they don't the ones who don't make it its just natural selection either way i know if i was sat down and showed step by step how to do it maybe with some visual aids via youtube i could pull it off

adrian89987
#4 Posted : 4/13/2008 4:42:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

From what I can tell, synthing LSD is not all too easy
Meth is way easier

LSD takes very good and controlled conditions
and a bit of organic chemistry knowledge

Entropymancer
#5 Posted : 4/13/2008 4:53:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

It's certainly not a walk in the park, but synthesis of LSD also doesn't appear to be as difficult as everyone makes it out to be. As long as you have access to the proper reagents and equipment, it's a fairly straightforward procedure.

All of the information you need to synthesize LSD can readily be found in the literature. Someone with a little training in organic chemistry should have no trouble locating these resources. For someone not trained in organic chemistry, the task of locating these resources is an important step in the process, and a good learning opportunity; we don't want someone with no idea what they're doing trying to make acid... what if they end up poisoning a bunch of people, or injuring themselves?

If you don't understand the recipe in TiHKAL, start looking up words and procedures until you can understand what he's saying. Shulgin's description of the synthesis is very straightforward.

Adrian is right in pointing out that meth and LSD are not alike. Tweekers don't care as much about purity or contamination. And meth doesn't require the synthesis to be done in artificial light, or require the use of a vacuum source or chromatography column. LSD is more difficult, no doubt about it.

adrian89987
#6 Posted : 4/13/2008 4:34:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

And also
If you have any real plans to make L

Don't post about it on the internets

Entropymancer
#7 Posted : 4/13/2008 5:00:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, that'd be the major problem with having and LSD Nexus that functions as a place to get advice on the synth... If ya post, "Hey, quick question from a first-time synth n00b," you're apt to get a knock on the door from some nice men in uniforms wanting to charge you with Manufacture and Intent to Distribute a Schedule I chemical.

hoff1943
#8 Posted : 4/16/2008 1:36:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

As long as like this it was a strictly informational forum what can they really do swim was wondering this swim was wondering that who cares if I want to learn how to make acid prove that I am doing it short of tracing my ip back tom the wireless connection accessed from the computer that is registered to nobody and to be completely honest isn't evan mine its a friends then triangulating that down to any of the random hotspots and unsecured networks i could be accessing from anywhere in the nieghborhood whitch i drove to to access cuz i live in the middle of nowhere and don't have a phone or internet i think it would be pretty impressive if you found me theoreticly we can have a LSD forum and yes evry once and a while some idiot will access it and fuck up but if the feds are watching that hard the idiots will probly get stopped befor they hurt anyone but some will fall by the wayside in the sixties through the nineties a bunch of people knew what was up and sure there was a good share of bad acid fuck the amber family got kicked off dead lot when shit was in full swing its just most of the peeps who had info are either underground outside the US hiding or are greedy junkie fucks and are cooking for there habits now and won't share info but that is exactly why that shit needs to be spread out and its not really so much synthed its its an extraction a reaction and a clean up so if you have info and want to share it or questions you have about it i encourage you to post them here till we have our own forum LSD FOR THE MASSES

adrian89987
#9 Posted : 4/16/2008 2:29:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Haha you overestimate the power of using SWIM
which can also mean someone who is me

...IDK I wouldn't be too surprised with what the government keeps an eye on

endlessness
#10 Posted : 4/14/2010 10:23:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

no lsd synth talk allowed here, sorry guys Smile

Entropymancer
#11 Posted : 4/14/2010 10:31:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
no lsd synth talk allowed here, sorry guys Smile

That was my first thought when I saw the thread title.... then I saw my posts in here Embarrased

Guess I didn't know that rule 2 years ago when the thread was current

endlessness
#12 Posted : 4/14/2010 10:38:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lol weird the thread was on the main page but I hadnt noticed that the last post was from 2 years ago

Entropymancer
#13 Posted : 4/14/2010 10:53:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I saw that, but assumed there must've been a more recent post you deleted before I opened the thread. :shrug:

VisualDistortion
#14 Posted : 4/14/2010 11:49:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I whole heartedly embrace this threadVery happy
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Infundibulum
#15 Posted : 4/14/2010 12:04:52 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

This thread is a typical case of necromancy (revived from dead). It is better not to ask the reanimated corpse for more questions; no oracles will be granted.

In the meantime I'll lock it back to the crypt it came from and lose the key!Razz

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!