We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phalaris Arundinacea 'lime tek' failure Options

SolarUnion
#1 Posted : 5/28/2010 2:20:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMS done A/B extractions before with Mimosa using lye, Muratic acid, and naptha, and have had great results! However, SWIM recently decided to try Phalaris Arundinacea as an extraction source, using vinegar to acidify and lime(100% calcium hydroxide)as a base. SWIM acidified 3oz of Phalaris to (ph. 4)in 32 fluid oz of vinegar/water and warmed solution repeatedly over 3 days. SWIM filtered the solution of grass, defated twice, then turned the solution into a base using 2oz of lime. MistakeSadlosing the 'pH. strips' SWIM decide to wing it and add the base without having a read out on the pH., hoping 2oz of lime would do the trick...)After collecting the solvent layer (naptha) and placing in the freezer for 8 hours nothing had precipitated out and an evaporation left nothing.... 0 yields...

Some say lime isn't reliable for freebasing Spice, however, I wonder if the main problem is due to SWIMS choice of plant source, "Phalaris Arundinacea." Inspite DeKorne's experiences with this particular grass SWIM now doubts Phalaris Arundinacea as a good source of Spice.

Any thoughts on this one?.... Confused

Thanx.

"We are all brilliant patterns intricately expressed in a tapestry of one thread." - SolarUnion

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

soulfood
#2 Posted : 5/28/2010 2:46:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

If you're using lime as your base try a stronger solvent. My understanding is that naphtha only pulls efficently at higher pH.

SolarUnion
#3 Posted : 5/28/2010 4:21:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hmmm... Didn't know that about naptha. I may give that a try.

Got an opinion on Phalaris Arundinacea? I'm currently skeptical as to it's use as a reliable source for Spice.
"We are all brilliant patterns intricately expressed in a tapestry of one thread." - SolarUnion