We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Chamomile tea potentiates psychedelics? Options

polytrip
#41 Posted : 6/1/2010 7:55:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Green tea contains much of the same substances, including quercetin if i'm correct. Some people posted that they got mild sort of psychedelic effects from a strong green tea extract from maya. Apparently too much of it can be nasty for the liver and kidney's, but i find that drinking normal green tea wich is not concentrated enough to cause any problems already produces very noticeable effects. It helps me to relax. (could also be the teanine wich is a GABA agonist)

I also found that grapefruits (they also contain quercetin and some other stuff) do have a very mild potentiating effect on shrooms. there was a grapefruit thread here two, and grapefruit is known to cause interferent effects with some prescription drugs.
Maybe quercetin is also responsible for the fact that people report extremely strong effects on shrooms extracted with lemon juice.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ginkgo
#42 Posted : 6/1/2010 8:22:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quercetin is sold as a supplement, so someone should try if pure quercetin does potentiate well.

freethinker
#43 Posted : 6/1/2010 10:09:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've drunk chamomile regularly since I was a child and I've never noticed this. Most often before bedtime as it is a natural muscle relaxant, so it has coincided with tail ends of trips on many many occasions. Actually had a couple of cups towards the end of a cyanescens tea just last week, and the end of a san pedro tea this weekend. We've used it to help people calm down who are having bad trips at healing areas at festivals for decades as well (if anything, focusing on the soothing warm cup of herbal tea centers their mind and the muscle relaxing qualities de-stresses them). Like I said, I've never noticed any potentiating effects.

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

69ron
#44 Posted : 6/6/2010 9:53:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yesterday SWIM had 15 drops of Elemi oil, which is a psychedelic containing elemicin. The effects only last about 8 hours. SWIM didn’t feel any of it today.

A while ago SWIM decided to try a mix of 2 tablespoons passionflower, 1 tablespoon mint, and 2 tablespoon chamomile. This tea mix is said to be relaxing.

Anyway, not expecting anything much but a mild sedative effect from drinking the tea, SWIM noticed instead a comeback of the Elemi oil effects! Very interesting.

SWIM tried potentiating Elemi oil with chamomile tea but it did nothing. But this time, a day after the effects of the Elemi oil ended, the tea brings the effects back.

What accounts for this? Is the passionflower needed for this to work?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

rOm
#45 Posted : 6/6/2010 10:01:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is very interesting. SWIM tried elemi oil yesterday about 10 drops, but he just felt a little something after an hour but not much, he ate lunch afterwards and thought he needs to investigate another time.
This morning, after breakast (coffe and pastries) he decided to drink a strong passionflower tea after chewing 5 inoxia seeds.

He's feeling quite a lot from this, with light visuals... He hasn't anymore chamomille at the moment so it's a bit off topic, but there is maybe some potentiation latent with some compound.
It's remind him his only one good nutmeg experience which started 6 hours after ingestion...
We need more bioessays to discern the real interaction between these herbs.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

69ron
#46 Posted : 6/6/2010 10:43:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Passionflower must be a part of this. Passionflower is an unusual herb. On it’s own it tends to be very weak, but when combined with other things, it can potentiate them or alter their effects quite a bit. For this reason, it’s a great admixture plant.

Passionflower + D. inoxia can also be a great combination on it’s own. SWIM has experienced visuals with this combination, but MAYBE, instead of this combination causing visuals, it’s instead causing a sort of “FLASHBACK” effect, bringing out the effects of a psychedelic taken a few days prior?

This is a hard question for SWIM to answer because he uses psychedelics pretty often. If the passionflower + D. inoxia combo is just causing “FLASHBACK” effects, SWIM would never know.

Today the passionflower + chamomile + peppermint combo definitely caused a “FLACHBACK” effect to the Elemi oil taken the day before.

This is something that needs more testing for sure.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

apostle11
#47 Posted : 6/9/2010 12:53:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Off to the store to get some chamomile will be giving it a try later today. I love chamomile anyway taste is awesome will see if anything in hyperspace seems different.
Pursue Perspective

burnt
#48 Posted : 6/9/2010 7:24:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

The essential oil of chamomile contains CYTP450 inhibitors. If anyone has distillation equipment SWIM would recommend distilling chamomile for fun. It makes a beautiful blue essential oil.

It might be interesting to distill some chamomile and then keep the water it was distilled in which would be a terpenoid (essential oil) free extract. This tea material should be compared with the effects of the essential oil at the doses similar to those one would get by drinking a few cups of the tea and not more.

This may explain why some effects are variable. Some of the effects noted might depend on how much you inhale off your tea when its freshly brewed as this period is when the terpenoid oils are boiling off. Or it could be flavonoids and related components which would be present only in the tea part if you distilled off all the oil.

Also I include a review about chamomile for those interested.

I recommend against taking supplements of these compounds. They often contain doses of flavonoids or plant phenolics that are hundreds of times higher then that found in normal doses of food. Some have been associated with serious liver problems.

#49 Posted : 6/9/2010 7:39:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a whole bunch of wild chamomile growing off to the side of a bridge that brings you out of my town. Should i pick it and consume or should I not due to possible toxins from being so close to cars (about 100ft away)

69ron
#50 Posted : 6/9/2010 7:46:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Passionflower must be a part of this.

Nope, the passionflower had nothing to do with it. It was the chamomile tea. SWIM duplicated the "FLASHBACK" effect using just chamomile tea.

I’m very curious why the chamomile tea doesn’t potentiate Elemi oil on the day the effects of the Elemi oil are in effect. Why would it cause this “FLASHBACK” the following day but not cause potentiation of the effects on the day you use Elemi oil. Does anyone have any idea about this?

From what I read, chamomile tea taken at the tail end of a mushroom trip is much more effective than taking it at the peak. This is sort of similar to how it seems to work with Elemi oil. It does nothing while the Elemi oil is in effect, but definitely works the following day. The following day there is still elemicin in your body, but the effects are no longer noticeable. Somehow the chamomile tea is able to boost it at that point, but not on the day you take the Elemi oil. Very strange.

jamie
#51 Posted : 6/9/2010 7:53:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

It seemed to potentiate a low dose of peruvian torch about 10 hours after dosing yesterday..
Long live the unwoke.

PREV123