We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Chamomile tea potentiates psychedelics? Options

69ron
#21 Posted : 5/27/2010 7:45:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
I just tried 7 treabags. Definatly sedating for me. Would like too hear more about the possible potentiation of tryptamines.

What kind of chamomile do you have? Is it German?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

obliguhl
#22 Posted : 5/27/2010 8:26:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess so...i got it from the supermarket and it's been produced in germany...

69ron
#23 Posted : 5/27/2010 8:38:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've only had the German and Egyptian chamomile (which are the same apparently, just grown in different places).

Maybe a certain variety is needed for the potentiation of shrooms? I didn’t see mention of a particular variety in the post I saw on another forum. I know some varieties differ in chemical makeup.

I’m sure at least one person out there has some chamomile tea and some shrooms to test this out and see if this is a bunch of crap or not.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#24 Posted : 5/27/2010 11:23:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

hmm, I will try this sometime in the next week or 2 with vilca, I can tell for sure when something is interacting with bufotenine.
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#25 Posted : 5/28/2010 1:08:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
Here is a report on chamomile potentiating yopo from the ayahuasca forum:
"montuno" wrote:
hi all, last night i decided to use some yopo to treat a cold that i had, i got alot of nassal secretion and felt very tired, before i used the yopo i drinked a chamomile tea without knowing the effects that it was going to have with the yopo, what happen next is that i prepared the place for using the yopo, turn off all the lights, then light a canddle, and concentrate in healing porpouse, then i use only a little bit of yopo because i didnt wanted a very strong effect but because of the chamomile tea i got what i can call a small ayahuasca experience of around 2 hours.

http://forums.ayahuasca....&highlight=chamomile

Very interesting. Bufotenine is 5-HO-DMT while psilocin is 4-HO-DMT, so it makes a lot of sense that if chamomile boosts the effects of shrooms that it would for sure boost the effects of yopo.

SWIM can’t wait to try it with bufotenineSmile

Did he mention if any side effects were increased?

This is exciting. I love the taste of chamomile tea, and it sounds like it has some very interesting uses!

#26 Posted : 5/28/2010 3:36:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If its the quercetin thats doing it rooibos would be a good thing to try as it's quite rich in it from what I know.

69ron
#27 Posted : 5/28/2010 3:48:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never had rooibos, and this is actually the first time I've heard of it. I looked on-line. It's pretty easy to get. But I can get chamomile tea at the local grocery store, so that's probably what I'll be using.

I imagine there are quite a few things with similar action.

g13juggalo
#28 Posted : 5/28/2010 8:27:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
I've never had rooibos, and this is actually the first time I've heard of it. I looked on-line. It's pretty easy to get. But I can get chamomile tea at the local grocery store, so that's probably what I'll be using.

I imagine there are quite a few things with similar action.

I'm pretty sure you can get rooibos in the grocery store too.
I'm not sure how good straight rooibos is though, so I'm not sure if they have plain rooibos, but I know you can definitely find some teas containing a mixture of teas that include most rooibos.

69ron
#29 Posted : 5/29/2010 1:15:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

g13juggalo wrote:

In the USA? I'll have to keep an my eye out for it. Maybe I've just overlooked it because I never heard of it. Everyone knows about chamomile. That’s all over the place. Great tasting. I love the smell, sort of like honey.

jamie
#30 Posted : 5/29/2010 1:46:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

ive been drining rooibos for a long time..ive never noticed any effects from that either. I have taken it before bufotenine just becasue I like to drink it and didnt notice any potentiationor change in effects from bufotenine alone.

hmm..i dunno about this I will have to try it with that intention one day and see if it does change anything. Il go drink some in an hour or so and see if I notice anything from it alone.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#31 Posted : 5/29/2010 4:01:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just drank a cup of rooibos tea and dont feel any psychoactive effects.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#32 Posted : 5/29/2010 4:35:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^you already posted that..why the double post an hour later?
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#33 Posted : 5/29/2010 5:22:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tried chamomile with Elemi oil and there was no potentiation noticed. But then again, that was on a day the Elemi oil didn't seem to work, so it's hard to say. SWIM will have to try that again.

Supposedly, the chamomile tea will boost the effects of shrooms at any point in the trip and it's a strong boost. Maybe it doesn't work with Elemi, or any phenethylamine type of psychedelic (Elemi oil contains elemicin which isn't really a phenethylamine, but a precursor to mescaline which is).

g13juggalo
#34 Posted : 5/29/2010 6:18:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
g13juggalo wrote:

In the USA? I'll have to keep an my eye out for it. Maybe I've just overlooked it because I never heard of it. Everyone knows about chamomile. That’s all over the place. Great tasting. I love the smell, sort of like honey.

I've found a few teas with it. I'm not so sure you'll be able to get a tea you'll want to use for potentiating psychedelics though. Its usually a blend. Worth a look though.

jamie
#35 Posted : 5/29/2010 6:19:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I smoked some DMT after I drank the rooibos and it took my usual dose to breakthrough..it was an amazing breakthrough though that left me super dumbfounded and in awe of the whole thing..but thats DMT anywayVery happy...I will try chamomile soon..and rooibos with mushrooms in a few days.
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#36 Posted : 5/29/2010 7:18:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I smoked some DMT after I drank the rooibos and it took my usual dose to breakthrough..it was an amazing breakthrough though that left me super dumbfounded and in awe of the whole thing..but thats DMT anywayVery happy...I will try chamomile soon..and rooibos with mushrooms in a few days.

I'm excited to hear more.

Why is this not more well known? What's the deal here? If these work to boost the effects of psychedelics like DMT, shrooms, yopo, etc., why is it almost no one knows about it? Is there some downside to it?

LawnBoy
#37 Posted : 5/30/2010 2:12:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
* Matricaria recutita (syn. M. chamomilla), German or blue chamomile
* Anthemis nobilis (syn. Chamaemelum nobile), Roman chamomile, the "lawn" chamomile
wikipedia

They differentiate by genus, but belong to the same "tribe." Roman chamomile is incredibly easy to grow, and is a beautiful plant. You can walk on it and smell the "apple" as you walk. It is a sensory delight. I really do not know the difference in potency or characteristics of effects; never compared them side by side or anything. I've grown German chamomile and found it to be "weedy," tall and lanky. I think most chamomile sold and used is German, rather than Roman.
Posts made by me are either fictional or false, or both. I do not endorse, condone or engage in illegal activities. I love the state, my big brother. "I" myself am fictional. I am a collection of individuals, that are not entirely human. "I" do not exist in reality. Any resemblance to an individual bound by laws is merely coincidental. I lie and tell very little of the truth; do not believe me, and, especially, don't hold "me" accountable for any posts.

69ron
#38 Posted : 5/30/2010 2:23:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LawnBoy wrote:
I think most chamomile sold and used is German, rather than Roman.

Yes, most is German chamomile, even the so called "Egyptian" kind is actually German chamomile grown in Egypt.

Infundibulum
#39 Posted : 5/30/2010 2:34:15 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I collect my chamomile from the wild in the Mediterranean region. It is called Chamomilla recutita or Matricaria recutita. I really do not get why it is called german chamomile. The name loosely translates to "apple of the ground" in greek.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

69ron
#40 Posted : 5/30/2010 3:04:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Should the potentiation of shrooms by chamomile tea be stronger if the tea is fresh or does that not matter?

PREV123NEXT