We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Having a hard time getting crystal clusters to grow again? Options

InnerDarkness
#1 Posted : 5/25/2010 9:17:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok after another re-x I left the new DMT ridden naptha sit out at room temp for a few days to try & crystal grow, but nothing really seems to be forming.

The first time around I had HUGE crystal CLUSTERS forming all over the sides & bottom after about 10 hours. But aftera few days this time around only have a light coating of sugar crystals on the side, not the giant clusters like before?

And I re-x'd about 5g's of school bus yellow spice

The first time around I did it where I added the DMT right to the new naptha, shook it around & heated it up for 15 minutes & then decanted so the yellow goo was left behind.

I've also tried it to where I let the naptha get warm first in a double boil & then slowly added the DMT & let it sit for 10-15 minutes so all the good stuff melted & left a bunch of yellow goo behind which I then dumped.

?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

d*l*b
#2 Posted : 5/25/2010 3:02:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A couple of questions–

* How much naphtha did you use per gram of spice?
* Are you letting the solvent evaporate?
D × V × F > R

Gir
#3 Posted : 5/25/2010 3:39:26 PM

Gir

Why is this in advanced chemistry section?

My suggestion: Evap half way, the put in fridge for 2 hrs, then take it back out and let it cool for like 15 minutes. repeat that 3 times. Then do this again but do fridge to freezer. after the 3rd time, leave it in the freezer. should be pretty nice crystals. Probably wont be slate, but they will be nice.

alternatively, you could add a Seed Crystal to the mix and see if it gets you anywhere.
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 5/25/2010 5:28:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would put the DMT saturated solvent in the evap dish, then cover it with a coatser or whatever, but leave a small space for the solvent to evap, leave it for a few days and you will be sure to get some x-tals. All of this has been mentioned before.

InnerDarkness
#5 Posted : 5/28/2010 4:32:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've probably taking about 5-6g's of school bus yellow spice in the bottom of a pint mason jar & then filling it up a little less than half way with new naptha.

After sitting in a hot bath for 10-15 minutes, the naptha is cloudy as its warm & after about an hour of sitting there & cooling down at room temp, there was so much DMT that disolved that about 2g's of really clean white powder fell to the bottom of the jar right away.

I let it sit another few days like that & no more DMT fell out at room temp & no crystal clusters formed.

I've since decanted the naptha to another pint mason jar & then stuck it in the freezer & there is probably another 2g's at least that fell out during the freeze precip.

But no crystal clusters.

Do you think the freezer/fridge in & out ever couple of hours would help form crystal clusters?

It seemed to easy the first time it happened by accident...

InnerDarkness
#6 Posted : 6/1/2010 8:21:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

still nothing. Others are suggesting this:

Basically you want to add enough solvent so that the crystals can grow slowly. Dissolve the DMT you have in hot solvent. Keep adding in fresh hot solvent until the liquid is no longer cloudy when hot (and can be left for a few minutes at room temp and still not get cloudy again).

Then that solution should have the correct saturation so that things grow nicely for you.

You will still have DMT in the liquid solvent after the main crystals have grown, you can just evap that off in a separate dish and collect and re-xtalize...

Perhaps I did have too much in the naptha for it to form crystals? Thats why a ton of salt fell out as it was cooling down?

InnerDarkness
#7 Posted : 6/10/2010 11:52:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just dont get it. I cant not re-create the act of crystal growing again.

I've got about 5g's or so that I'll be able to try this on again one last time.

Should I do it all at once, or perhaps split the 5g's up into a couple of pint mason jars?

endlessness
#8 Posted : 6/10/2010 12:12:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think youre making this way more complicated than it is...

You have two main simple ways to achieve crystal growth: one is very slow evaporation (over weeks or month or so). Just close your container with your dmt-ladden naphtha and leave only a small opening so that it can evaporate very slowly in a quiet place with little air circulation. Forget about it for a few weeks, dont keep checking on it to see how its going because the less movement there is, the bigger crystals it will grow

or, keep alternating a dmt-saturated naphtha between freezer and fridge, and between fridge and room temperature, back to fridge back to freezer, do this many times every couple of hours for a couple of weeks, finishing off with a long 12+hours freezer cycle, and your crystals will grow for sure.

InnerDarkness
#9 Posted : 6/11/2010 10:48:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

But the first time around (even though it happened by accident) I had HUGE crystal clusters, twice the size of peanut M&m's grow after just 8-12 hours & top out after 24 hours.

And all just by sitting with a lid on in the dark after re-xing before I did a freeze precip.

I just dont know why I cant re-create it...

nabster98
#10 Posted : 6/11/2010 11:27:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

if you are looking for crystals evaporation isnt really the preferred method. You should try and cool the naptha pretty fast for a freeze precipitation. Also, if youd like larger crystal, alternate between the fridge and the freezer every few hours. I personally feel like this isnt necessary and actually creates crystals that are harder to work with and measure out
Disclaimer: I am merely a figment of your imagination. I lurk between the deepest crevices of your mind, seeking distortions. I am consciousness, all that it true and pure. For I am no human being, I am a observatory tourist of all that is life. Everything I say is nothing but a just rationalization of what I say, although none are true events. Everything is changing, a constant loop, as am I

wednesdayayay
#11 Posted : 6/13/2010 2:12:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

is half a pint of naphtha necessary for re crystallization of 5 grams of spice?

when SWIM recrystallized he used the very bare minimum of naphtha that would hold the spice

only after having heated the solvent did he put the spice in the vessel and then allowed it to cool to room temperature over the next day and a half or so

endlessness
#12 Posted : 6/13/2010 2:30:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wednesdayayay wrote:

when SWIM recrystallized he used the very bare minimum of naphtha that would hold the spice

only after having heated the solvent did he put the spice in the vessel and then allowed it to cool to room temperature over the next day and a half or so

hmm.. google tells me a pint = 473ml. Half would be 236.5ml... Thats too much naphtha. For recrystalization, around 30mls of hot naphtha per gram of spice is enough, so for 5g spice, 150ml would be enough.

InnerDarkness
#13 Posted : 6/15/2010 12:56:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
wednesdayayay wrote:

hmm.. google tells me a pint = 473ml. Half would be 236.5ml... Thats too much naphtha. For recrystalization, around 30mls of hot naphtha per gram of spice is enough, so for 5g spice, 150ml would be enough.

Ok so 150ml is 2/3 of a cup, I was maybe using 3/4 of a cup... so it was pretty saturated. I'll try again here later this week when I get some more naptha.

It seemed so easy the first time when it happened by accident. I just wish I had a better camera to take pictures with.

MelCat
#14 Posted : 6/15/2010 5:15:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Something that just came to mind, check your freezer settings.

Make sure that your freezer is as cold as it will go.

If it's empty, fill it with bags of ice so it stays colder, longer, with less energy consumption.

The fuller you can get your freezer, the colder it will get (to a point) and that will help with the efficiency and effectiveness of your freeze precips...

My hunch is that your freezer isn't as cold or full now as it was when you had such a success.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...