We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Green/Eco extraction Sub-forum? Options

Dorge
#1 Posted : 5/24/2010 6:42:27 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

It would be nice to have in the dmt extraction forum a sub forum just dedicated to green ecologically sound extraction methods. It would be the place to have all of the limo teks and discussions as well as gar and lime discussions...
it would be a place for questions on these teks as well as a place to develop and motivate these teks. It would also show people that we are actually DOING IT and there is such a thing as green chemistry.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

PureMan
#2 Posted : 5/24/2010 8:19:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a good idea. SWIM is tired of working with naptha and hasn't really seen any teks that show how to properly use d-limo to extract.. Can you pull with limo instead of naptha when doing a STB?

camakazi
#3 Posted : 5/24/2010 8:39:07 PM

RUN DMT

a green section would be nice. I never knew green teks exsted until a couple months ago, so maybe it'd help to make more aware.
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

camakazi
#4 Posted : 5/24/2010 8:41:47 PM

RUN DMT

saying that.. it'd be quite a quiet board. A sticky in the extractions would prolly suffice.
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

Ice House
#5 Posted : 5/24/2010 8:58:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Cloud wrote:
Can you pull with limo instead of naptha when doing a STB?

Yes you can pull with d-limo. No you cannot freeze precipitate it. Evaping d-limo isnt going to work either.

Pulling with d-limo with the intentions of having freebase as you end product requires using fumaric acid saturated Isoprophy alcohol and salting out the spice in the form of DMT fumarate. An extremely simple/easy process.

DMT fumarate is, IMO, supreme for pharma.

DMT fumarate must be converted to freebase to be vaped, another very simple/easy process.

Go to the wiki and pull up the BLAB tek.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

soulfood
#6 Posted : 5/24/2010 9:11:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Cloud wrote:
This is a good idea. SWIM is tired of working with naptha and hasn't really seen any teks that show how to properly use d-limo to extract.. Can you pull with limo instead of naptha when doing a STB?

hell yeah.

you can also pull with limonene after basing with lime Smile

Dorge
#7 Posted : 5/24/2010 9:29:30 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

yeah it needs its own sub forum...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

jamie
#8 Posted : 5/24/2010 10:32:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I think its a good idea, Im quite over naptha and even lye...the only time I touch the stuff is when I experiment with grass..and even then, Id rathe go green.
Long live the unwoke.

endlessness
#9 Posted : 5/25/2010 12:30:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think green teks are great and they do deserve a subforum! but then I wonder if with a new subforum there would confusion, like for example where would one post a question about salting from limo, in the salting/fumaric acid subforum or in the green tek one? or should we re-arrange and change the salting forum somehow ?

narmz
#10 Posted : 5/25/2010 12:38:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It'd be great to also get some threads going on reusing solvents and other chemicals used in extractions. Smile
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

State of the Mind
#11 Posted : 5/25/2010 5:47:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Definitely, 69ron's thread; Non toxic food safe extraction of mescaline using d-limonene (orange oil) has over 50 pages, which shows how devoted some people are to this area of extraction. If this new Green/Eco sub forum does go ahead, all of the food grade extraction threads should be moved there. There are a lot of old food grade threads that might get lost if they are not transfered. Crying or very sad
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

amor_fati
#12 Posted : 5/25/2010 9:37:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Absolutely! This would be a big step for the nexus at large to organize efforts to improve the image of entheogenic extraction in general. So far, these efforts have only occurred somewhat sporadically and often with limited support.

rOm
#13 Posted : 5/25/2010 9:42:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm definitely up for that.
A wholesome extraction board, that could be very playful and useful !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

ThirdEyeVision
#14 Posted : 5/26/2010 9:50:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like the idea. What would be considered green/eco though? Just anything that doesn't include petrochemicals?
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

amor_fati
#15 Posted : 5/27/2010 7:42:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would think anything nonhazardous as well as low impact--that health of the individual would figure in just as much as the environment. Also, one may want to consider the method of disposal and the amount of water used.

rOm
#16 Posted : 5/27/2010 9:41:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Question: can you yields pure dmt crystal by the means of green teks ?
My understanding is that d-limo pull the full-range goodness of the bark, but only naphta pull DMT only.
IS there a possibilitie (green) to pull only DMT without n-oxides and jungle alcs ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

69ron
#17 Posted : 5/28/2010 1:42:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree. This is a great idea. I love the way this movement is spreading. Once you go green is hard to go back.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

geeg30
#18 Posted : 5/28/2010 1:52:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I really have to disagree - we 'consume' so many toxins daily from other sources - pesticides from food, air pollution from cars etc.

As long as the extraction is done correctly then any 'toxins' should be minimised - the only 'green' problem should be disposal of waste product. Remember D Limo is classified as a marine pollutant.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

amor_fati
#19 Posted : 5/29/2010 5:38:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
Question: can you yields pure dmt crystal by the means of green teks ?
My understanding is that d-limo pull the full-range goodness of the bark, but only naphta pull DMT only.
IS there a possibilitie (green) to pull only DMT without n-oxides and jungle alcs ?

Highly doubtful, but SWIM would suggest that using a more pure substance like heptane in small amounts to separate from the full range extract would be preferable to extracting with hefty amounts of naphtha. SWIM would think that impact reduction should also be a topic discussed in such a subforum.

geeg30 wrote:
As long as the extraction is done correctly then any 'toxins' should be minimised

So who's definition of 'correctly' should be used, and why leave it to chance?

Quote:
the only 'green' problem should be disposal of waste product. Remember D Limo is classified as a marine pollutant.

Limonene is too expensive to justify dumping for most, anyway. Apart from the possibility of distillation, limonene can be reused many times over for many different applications. I would also think that purchasing and dumping or evaporating hefty amounts of petrol products (particularly in the home) is something that entheogenic hobbyists should be dissuaded from.

benzyme
#20 Posted : 5/29/2010 5:42:03 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

no.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

12NEXT