We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Do you have to throw out the bark? Options

barrowingtime
#1 Posted : 5/24/2010 5:36:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After your 3hr or so acid bath and you have your mhrb tea, do you have to throw out your bark or can you leave it on the bottom of the jug in which you are about to basify? You know in case you feel like it didn't get it all. Or would it be best to rid of it and basify with the tea only? thankya.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

consciousness
#2 Posted : 5/25/2010 4:05:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Are you doing an A/B? Swim has only done STBs so far but: Throw out the bark? Isn't that counter-productive?

I think you'll get some help if you can be more specific about what you're attempting.

State of the Mind
#3 Posted : 5/25/2010 4:11:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can leave the MHRB in the solution, this is standard for STB extraction teks.

However as you are using A/b it would be better to multiple acid boils and filtering the liquid. For example do three boils; add your acid to the MHRB, heat, then filter the liquid off. Repeat twice more and then combine all of the liquid.

Hope this helped
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

Gir
#4 Posted : 5/25/2010 4:45:39 PM

Gir

I see what you are asking Razz

okay so the bark is filtered, you want to put it back in. or at least save it.

Perfectly acceptable, that bark might still have some magic in it. If you have a spare jar, something that your not going to be using for another extraction, go for it! Save all your extracted bark, then basify it hard and pull that!

There is no reason to throw that bark away, its just got vinegar on it.. I would say save all your bark from every extraction in a jar, when it gets to looking about half way full.. basify to ph ~13-14, and follow an STB tek, or even just do what comes naturally for you.

Smile have fun!

-gir
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.