We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pharma success and the contribution of set and setting Options

Nature Boy
#1 Posted : 5/22/2010 1:38:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Knowing I would be able to take advantage of a week-ends worth of empty house and no obligations, this afternoon I ate a light lunch (soup and crackers) and subsequently fasted. At 8:00pm I shaved, showered, brushed my teeth, and got into comfortable pajamas.

For MAOI inhibition thirty drops (~100mg) of CaapiCopy were dripped into a clean glass, and ~30cc's of Acai berry juice was added. At precisely 9:00pm, this was quickly consumed, and chased with another swallow of juice. Five minutes later 100mg of DMT fumarate previously dissolved in Acai berry juice was consumed in one gulp. This dosage represented an incremental increase in DMT of ~20% over my last journey. I was calm...and committed.

At 9:20pm, the first wave of mild nausea set in, and I chose to eat a grapefruit, the first and only food in 9 hours. Almost immediately following this, I knew I had to lay down, and I retired to my bedroom, set up ahead of time with Ipod and headphones, and climbed beneath the light covers and shut the lights.

Within 60 seconds of total darkness, the visions began. Subtle at first, colorful intertwined strings appeared and disappeared, twisted and morphed, cavorting in some black, expansive realm far larger than my bedroom. Dark Side of the Moon was the perfect accompaniment. The sensation that my head and torso were stretching and recoiling like an ameoba's pseudopods set in, and I thought I might leave my body. Energy waves moved up and down my spine in a most pleasant way, rebounding from top to bottom to top. Purple cubes tumbled past. Rainbows shot like spotlights up from some distant unseen city in the far-away darkness. Black and white zig-zag static slinked horizontally hither and yon.

For a few minutes I found myself in the company of an indescribably alien presence. A brightly colored string tarantula, with a thorax and abdomen like a ball of rainbow yarn, standing erect with eight or ten wavering arms. Its attitude was one of surprise and moderate annoyance, like an unexpected guest had arrived. I apologized for the intrusion, and explained that although I had no authority to speak for others of my kind, that I bring greetings and best wishes from my realm. The creature understood immediately, and its attitude grew softer and appreciative of my peaceful demeanor and apparent harmless intent. At some point in time shortly following this brief encounter and exchange, the visions shifted again, and I constantly reminded myself to "simply observe." Two hours (to the minute!) after the onset, the trip ended as if a light switch was thrown to "off." Perfect, really.

Trying to describe tonight's experience in words is utterly futile, so I won't try right now. What I will say, though, is that I firmly believe that the set and setting were perfectly planned and executed. A clean EMPTY house, clean body, fresh fruit, great music, deep darkness and carefully chosen dosage based upon prior lower dose experiences allowed tonight to be a shining success.

Best always,

N.B.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ragabr
#2 Posted : 5/22/2010 4:49:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice report, laughed that you explained you had no right to act as an emissary of our race. Damn right! Funny how the light switch works with aya; SWIM has come out of some very deep spaces extremely quickly like that. Sometimes the transition seems faster than with vaped spice.

Be cool, be well.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

redlightsflash
#3 Posted : 7/30/2010 3:31:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah this sounds about like what I would do. Thanks for the report, I will make sure I do the same. Shaving, showering, all that stuff is really good preparation. I absolutely can't wait to get my harmalas and do this... maybe Monday if I'm lucky!
All posts of mine are entirely deceptive fantasy created for my own entertainment.

Global
#4 Posted : 10/5/2010 5:52:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

ragabr wrote:
Nice report, laughed that you explained you had no right to act as an emissary of our race. Damn right! Funny how the light switch works with aya; SWIM has come out of some very deep spaces extremely quickly like that. Sometimes the transition seems faster than with vaped spice.

Be cool, be well.

With my experience with aya, I couldn't wait for the light switch to be turned off, but with my experience with pharma, I was disappointed at just how quickly that switch could be flicked without warning, diminishing the inner light.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

โ—‹
#5 Posted : 10/5/2010 5:25:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I liked your report. I like your description as the effects began to set in. Very much in line with my first few pharma experiences.

Set and setting is of upmost importance. If there was one piece of advice i could give for journeys whether it be lsd, shrooms, dmt, cactus it would be creating that "feeling".. that catalyst mindset to get going with the experience at hand. And as the experience unfolds in the beginning stages to keep facilitating the experience to "grow" and "GROW"..via drumming, rattles, humming melodies (my favorite) or more conveniently an mp3 player with a playlist of trance inducing tracks with no words...just the rhythm...that pulse..that drving force for the entire experience..sound.

Nearly all of my experiences have been done outdoors, by a fire at night with a heavy influence on sound...you can lead the experience to such a degree its amazing. And even being able to tone it downa notch with the power of sound. It's really amazing. You become the conductor.

My favorite is to dance minutes on end by a fire under the full moon and slight cloud coverage while listening to something as stated above.
Always makes for "more than" a magical night Smile

Global
#6 Posted : 10/6/2010 3:01:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

DMTtripn2Space wrote:
I liked your report. I like your description as the effects began to set in. Very much in line with my first few pharma experiences.

Set and setting is of upmost importance. If there was one piece of advice i could give for journeys whether it be lsd, shrooms, dmt, cactus it would be creating that "feeling".. that catalyst mindset to get going with the experience at hand. And as the experience unfolds in the beginning stages to keep facilitating the experience to "grow" and "GROW"..via drumming, rattles, humming melodies (my favorite) or more conveniently an mp3 player with a playlist of trance inducing tracks with no words...just the rhythm...that pulse..that drving force for the entire experience..sound.

Nearly all of my experiences have been done outdoors, by a fire at night with a heavy influence on sound...you can lead the experience to such a degree its amazing. And even being able to tone it downa notch with the power of sound. It's really amazing. You become the conductor.

My favorite is to dance minutes on end by a fire under the full moon and slight cloud coverage while listening to something as stated above.
Always makes for "more than" a magical night Smile

On my first pharma experience a few days ago, I discovered that while in that mind state, I would hum without willing it, as it would plunge me into deeper states of ecstasy.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb