We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Glass Shard Re-Crystallization Pictorial Options

Observant
#21 Posted : 11/7/2008 10:12:31 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

acolon_5 wrote:

I have noticed that bestine does pick up a small amount of oils (hotter bestine = more oils dissolved) and those will crash out before the DMT does. To avoid this I will use a little more bestine than needed and not heat it up as much. I will then dissolve my spice, and let it sit for a few minutes (4-5 at most). Most of the oils will fall to the bottom and can be sucked out or the solvent can be moved to a new container. The resulting spice has almost no yellow coloration.

I do it pretty much the same way , i always collect the yellowness/the oils from the bottom , and im still not sure how to further process it. There should be a large amount of spice in it .... along with dmt n oxide and other stuff
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Darkbb
#22 Posted : 11/7/2008 10:32:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Would you consider the whiter spice more potent per mg?

Jorkest
#23 Posted : 11/9/2008 6:53:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

whiter spice is a bit more cosmic and doesnt seem to have quite the punch as the slightly yellowed crystals

its smoother..and the breakthrough seems to be really easy...and the taste..well it smells like flowers to SWIM
it's a sound

everythingsflashin
#24 Posted : 4/14/2009 12:38:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

so SWIM is going to be doing their second extraction in a few weeks and i was wondering, is there a recommended method for recrystalizing MORE than 1g at a time? could SWIM just multiply the amounts according to how many grams are used?
Your body is just a vehicle, transporting your soul.

endlessness
#25 Posted : 4/14/2009 2:40:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

normal recrystallization and adjusting quantitites should be fine... around 30ml of warm (not hot) naphtha per g of dmt, letting it dissolve for a minute or two. To make sure you picked most of the dmt, after you pull out the naphtha away from the goo, add another, say, 5ml warm naphtha , let it stay for a minute and pull out again...

everythingsflashin
#26 Posted : 4/15/2009 2:47:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ok, thanks a lot. SWIM didnt even do a recrystalization on his first extraction and ended up with some sparkly almost-white powder. SWIM cant wait to see what it looks like (and what it reveals) after rextlizing it.

also, would it be possible to grow larger crystals in a vacuum? i dont really know all of the science behind it.

everythingsflashin
#27 Posted : 4/15/2009 5:01:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

another thing... would it be worth taking the time to freeze precipitate AND THEN do another recyrstalization by evaporation to grow bigger crystals?

everythingsflashin
#28 Posted : 4/16/2009 10:59:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

so... can anyone help me? im sure you can, ive been lurking on this site long enough to know how smart a lot of you are.

Garulfo
#29 Posted : 4/16/2009 11:19:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Growing big crystals is fun and nice but it is not required for a hypothetical smoking. In fact SWIM found that a bit of color in the spice gave him a more rich hyperspatial point of view. Very subjective anyway.

SpasticSpaz
#30 Posted : 4/17/2009 12:44:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The only time SWIM has bothered with trying to get white and glassy spice is when he was introducing his friend to the spice for the first time. He felt that it looking nice, pretty, and clean would help her with having the right pre-launch headspace.

Other than then, SWIM agrees with those who think slightly colored spice has something a bit "more".

everythingsflashin
#31 Posted : 4/17/2009 1:29:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

so, it would really only be necessary to do one recrystallization? and also, would crystals properly form in a container with all the air sucked out to prevent oxidation or do you need some air flow?

Fuego
#32 Posted : 4/17/2009 2:19:41 PM

Riggly Maynard Charlston Bentsworth |||

Location: my secret volcano lair, really everyone should have one its so cool
if you like growing crystals just for fun you can get even bigger crystals than everyone here has been talking about!

whatchu do is the same but then after you have let your crystals sit for a couple days add another round of supersaturated dmt solution on top of those crystals and let that stuff slowly evaporate, when thats done go for another one. im havnt done this because im impatient but im sure crystals over an inch are possible this way!

or heres another idea, i call it the staligmite method

get a dropper that slowly drops solution onto a crystal you have growing, by the time the next drop hits the last one has evaporated and left crystal. watch your crystal tower grow! lol. not sure if this works but its definatly worth trying out.

i know this swimmer who might try it out next time he has some d but right now i think hes focusing on a bufo extraction

tryptographer
#33 Posted : 4/17/2009 8:54:59 PM

tryptamine photographer

everythingsflashin wrote:
so, it would really only be necessary to do one recrystallization? and also, would crystals properly form in a container with all the air sucked out to prevent oxidation or do you need some air flow?

One is usually enough, often the primary freeze-precipitated stuff is already good enough.
To prevent formation of the n-oxide, it might be more practical to cover the container in a blanket of CO2 than sucking oxygen out. CO2 is easy to generate from soda, bicarbonate or limestone and an acid.

Nice crystals shown here, really inspiring!

everythingsflashin
#34 Posted : 4/18/2009 2:42:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ok cool. so would it work to just have a large container with CO2 creating substance at the bottom, and place the grow dish in the container and seal it all off?

Nzym
#35 Posted : 4/22/2009 9:42:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just has a quick question. Should all the spice be dissolved in the solvent? When SWIM tried recrystallizing, he found that some yellow oily stuff formed on the bottom of the container as he was mixing in the spice; it only dissolved when more solvent was added. Should this oily stuff be dissolved too? From what I've read, it should separate again after cooling, but I want to be certain before telling SWIM anything.

As for the CO2 thing, it could be potentially dangerous unless there's maths behind the quantities... you don't want your container exploding from an excessive build-up of gasses.

lowjackal
#36 Posted : 4/27/2009 4:42:55 PM

PuddinTane

I'm seeing that the optimal solvent is heptane. Now (1.) would it be undesirable to use a heptane, diethyl ether mixture or (2.) would this mixture need to be distilled? (3.) Is heptane polar or non polar?

If the answers happen to fall under the following.
(1.) Yes dont use diethyl ehter only use heptane.
(2.) Yes distill it unless you know some other way to seperate those two solvents.
(3.) Heptane is ?? (this one doesnt really matter too much at this time, I juss askin'Pleased

So if the unfortunate responses to my 3 questions are as I fearfully replied above. Then I just have two more simple questions.
(1a.)Have you ever tried using heptane and diethyl ether for this crystallization technique?
(1b.)Do you happen to know the boiling points of heptane and diethyl ether and do they need to be fractionally distilled or will a simple vacuum distillation work?

Now nobody in their right mind outside a professionally equiped laboratory wants to fuck around distilling ether. Especially me.

anyone ????
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

acolon_5
#37 Posted : 4/27/2009 6:49:10 PM

The Great Namah

lowjackal wrote:
(3.) Is heptane polar or non polar?

If the answers happen to fall under the following.
(1.) Yes dont use diethyl ehter only use heptane.
(2.) Yes distill it unless you know some other way to seperate those two solvents.
(3.) Heptane is ?? (this one doesnt really matter too much at this time, I juss askin'Pleased

So if the unfortunate responses to my 3 questions are as I fearfully replied above. Then I just have two more simple questions.
(1a.)Have you ever tried using heptane and diethyl ether for this crystallization technique?
(1b.)Do you happen to know the boiling points of heptane and diethyl ether and do they need to be fractionally distilled or will a simple vacuum distillation work?

Now nobody in their right mind outside a professionally equiped laboratory wants to fuck around distilling ether. Especially me.

anyone ????

Freebase DMT is soluable in NPS (non polar solvents). Bestine is a non polar solvent.

I've never distilled my bestine (heptane), and don't feel that I need to. It dries very clean. I would use heptane over diethyl ether any day. I think it evaporates too quickly to be a good recrystalization solvent, but then again I've never tried it.

As you said, don't try to distill it.

Naphtha will also work well to recrystalize, there is no need to try and make a binary solvent unless you are experimenting on new and better ways to recrystalize. If it's your first time just stick with bestine or naphtha.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

lowjackal
#38 Posted : 4/28/2009 12:33:12 AM

PuddinTane

The question arises from the fact that the the can of supertech starting fluid swim is looking at has 2 ingredients:
Heptane (142-82-5) and Diethyl Ether (60-29-7), plus carbon dioxide as a propellant.
This is why the question was put forth asking if a combination of the two would work.
Bestine is sold as what? and for how much?
As this is $2.09 per 11 oz. can of supertech starting fluid.
Maybe I'll see if it's a worth while product mixture and report back with pictures the end results.

I'm off to find out what the hell bestine is.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

tryptographer
#39 Posted : 4/28/2009 8:43:58 PM

tryptamine photographer

everythingsflashin wrote:
ok cool. so would it work to just have a large container with CO2 creating substance at the bottom, and place the grow dish in the container and seal it all off?

Quote:
As for the CO2 thing, it could be potentially dangerous unless there's maths behind the quantities... you don't want your container exploding from an excessive build-up of gasses.

No,no! Only close it after the CO2 has displaced all the air in the container. Filling with a tube from a CO2 generator is most practical. But being a weak acid, would it react with freebase DMT? It's a bit over the top anyway... I'm not going to try it.

everythingsflashin
#40 Posted : 4/28/2009 9:49:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

yeah, im not sure if its worth my time. im fine with some dank shards.

PREV1234NEXT