We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
(UK) Future Ban of ALL Legal Highs. What will this mean? Options

State of the Mind
#1 Posted : 5/21/2010 3:44:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having read the the coalition government's plans on the BBC I was quite worried when having read this:

BBC wrote:
Temporary bans on new "legal highs", while health issues are considered by independent experts.

Here is the link for The Website. The quote is from CRIME AND POLICING about a quarter way down the page.

I have not read further into this yet, as I thought it was more important to start a thread first. Confused

My main concern is what the loose term: "legal highs", means. Will they just be banning the well known legal highs such as Krantom, Kanna & salvia, or will they be going all out and start banning; MHRB, Peyote, Morning Glory seeds ect.

What do you all think?
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Methtical
#2 Posted : 5/21/2010 3:55:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd imagine they are just gassing off on the back of the Mephedrone saga a couple of months ago, and that only got press because a few individuals decided to mix it with copious amounts of other drugs or abused them heavily thus resulting in their deaths or adverse effects thus resulting in the parents blaming the drugs themselves instead of thinking for one second that their kids were idiots and screaming for a ban, like it would solve anything. Therefore, I think things like MHRB, morning glory seeds etc will remain out of their awareness for now, unless someone gets into the news for doing something stupid.

Methtical

TheReadyAwakening
#3 Posted : 5/21/2010 4:18:59 PM

Jimmy

Moral of the story, If you're going to do something life-threatening, idiotic, or both, do it sober. And if you must do it under the influence, make it alcohol or prescription pills or PCP. You know, something no one really cares about.

It amazes me how thousands of people die every day from drugs like these, yet it only takes one kid messing with some Morning Glory seeds to turn the whole world on its head.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna

State of the Mind
#4 Posted : 5/21/2010 6:30:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, you're probably right, MHRB, peyote, ect will not get banned unless they get extremely bad publicity. I can see salvia being banned soon though, which is a shame really. Salvia now has so much negative publicity as a result of youtube videos.

I will be keeping an eye on the news for any updates.
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

camakazi
#5 Posted : 5/21/2010 7:29:46 PM

RUN DMT

I really hope this does not come to pass. I had the feeling during the election that this might come up.. which is absolute shite because up here in Scotland we dont want tories or lib dems, never mind some sort of a combo of both.

Fortunately for us there is more than likely more DMT containing plants than there isn't... so banning them all would be impossible. I'd imagine the government dont want to bring all this into the public eye anyway, too many people would start to ask questions.
"accept the possibility that you may never come back, then your mind is truly open."
____________________________________________________________________________________

The playful ballad of the sacred salad.

State of the Mind
#6 Posted : 5/22/2010 11:46:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

On Thursday I ordered:
Products
1 x Blue Egyptian Lotus - Nymphaea Caerulea (Dried) - 25g £8.00
1 x Salvia Divinorum 10X - 1g £13.00

Today is now Saturday, and I have received a package from them only containing 25g Blue lotus. I have emailed them, and have yet to get a reply (will post when received).

This may have just been a mistake by the company. However it could indicate the beginning of a ban on salvia.

I think now would be a good time to buy a salvia plant. Very happy

State of the Mind
#7 Posted : 5/22/2010 3:00:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just-Herbs wrote:
Hello ****** the refund is now processing.

Regards,

JH UK.

No other news, so they may have stopped selling. Confused Sad

fourthripley
#8 Posted : 5/22/2010 9:40:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like what David Nutt was suggesting to me; a new 'class D' where drugs rest temporarily while proper assesments by experts are made, rather than knee jerk insta-bans like we had with methedrone. If the judgements of the ACMD are binding, as I believe was a Liberal pledge, this- on paper rather draconian policy- could be a good thing. The real facts on substances generally speak for themselves.
mistakes were made

L_Star
#9 Posted : 5/23/2010 6:53:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is such a stupid law....it totally discriminates already known and classed drugs.

If these drugs are going to put under testing plus give a verdict, then ALL drugs that are known/ or some what, should be tested again in the same way aswell, with new reports published...example cannabis, it is alot safer then some of these legal highs, would they classify it lower by taking aboard real scientifc evidence? Compare it to some of the legal syns out now NRG and similar...

Or are we just going to ban more and more with no forward movement in this sector.

R*R
L

Much respect to all from L_Star

Disclaimer: EVERYTHING posted by L_Star is said from the following persons: SWIM. All are hypothetical posts and are not endorsements of any activities, beliefs, and practices stated, that may be correlated with the person stated, or another person posting, or third party user, in anyway on dmt-nexus.com. All that is said is for educational purposes and as said is "hypothetical" and therefore cannot be taken for true accounts. SWIM and L_Star abide by the Law in all practices. SWIM would like reader to note that SWIM is blind, and L_Star is a typing assistant voluntering for SWIM. L_Star is bound by legal legislation for customer privacy by Data Protection Act, therefore SWIM will not be identified.

Regards L_Star

fourthripley
#10 Posted : 5/23/2010 11:02:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

State of the Mind wrote:
Just-Herbs wrote:
Hello ****** the refund is now processing.

Regards,

JH UK.

No other news, so they may have stopped selling. Confused Sad

I know of at least one UK vendor- and this is going back a few years- that was forced by their bank to stop carrying Salvia products; they were threatened with having their business account closed.
mistakes were made

kaos.underwave
#11 Posted : 6/27/2010 9:39:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a definitely a concern, but it feels like the public-politico-media are more concerned with 'research chemicals' and newer synthetics because it is the 'new' that is more scary. The drive behind their ideas seems to be spin about how as soon as one drug is banned, another slightly different analogue is ready to fill the demand, which may be more dangerous than its predecessor. The whole idea of 'untested' drugs newly created by nefarious individuals being phased in for all the mephedrone-deprived kids is much more scary than organic, natural, relatively familiar vines or cactus. They talk about NRG1 or whatever replacing mephedrone, for example....

Hopefully the Old Gods will dream silently in the background
But then again maybe this whole 'class D' scenario, with its purpose of holding drugs until a decision is made, will bring focus onto the ways in which those decisions are reached, and provoke acknowledgement of the requirement of a coherent and consistent set of standards.
Onwards and upwards

Xt
#12 Posted : 6/28/2010 3:20:26 AM

kaos.underwave wrote:

Hopefully the Old Gods will dream silently in the background
But then again maybe this whole 'class D' scenario, with its purpose of holding drugs until a decision is made, will bring focus onto the ways in which those decisions are reached, and provoke acknowledgment of the requirement of a coherent and consistent set of standards.

I figure those in charge simply want to keep all drugs out of people hands bar Drink, smokes and medicine. If what ive quoted here is to happen it would be a massive change in the way things are done. Simply because drugs are not banned based upon safety at all. Its a control thing. If the govt actually cared about the health of the public things would be very different. Weather or not spice, 4mmc or cannabis are safe is not an issue when it comes to legality.

If the govt wanted to make real progress, id suggest starting here. Then changing the way people are treated by the law when dealing with drugs. For now they are putting people in prison and being oppressive to folk that are doing nothing wrong, and are at equal or even less risk in terms of health then regular users of things like alcohol, smoking and Diet coke.

The danger is not in the drugs per se the behavior of the individual. Proper education and free CORRECT information is paramount. How many times has someone said to you that LSD stays in the spine and crystallizes. Or that extasy puts holes in your brain? The teacher told me that she personally watched her friend peel her own skin off when taking lsd, because she thought she was an orange.

What kind of behavior is this for a teacher. Drugs make people crazy.... not always the ones that take the drugs.
I personally would not trust a prime minister to run the country if they had never sat and chilled with a joint to discuss issues, or to have had a good solid dose of lsd.

Still, what with the media having so many voting free speaking non thinking people in their palm... it will take alot to change the public's view (in general) on the issue.

Maybe im just rambling pure waffle.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Apoc
#13 Posted : 6/28/2010 5:18:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

State of the Mind wrote:
Yeah, you're probably right, MHRB, peyote, ect will not get banned unless they get extremely bad publicity. I can see salvia being banned soon though, which is a shame really. Salvia now has so much negative publicity as a result of youtube videos.

I will be keeping an eye on the news for any updates.

I've watched several youtube videos on salvia and never saw anything extremely negative.... such as people getting hurt. The worst I see are annoying teens acting annoying and laughing and saying stupid things. But teens are perpetually like that, whehter "high" or not. As far as I can see, it's just some people getting together and having some laughs, and no one gets hurt. Doesn't seem so bad to me. Then again, I guess if you are a hyper-concerned citizen, anything that looks unusual is perceived as life threatening dangerous. Ooooooh, people rolling over laughing.... gotta ban that stuff.

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 6/28/2010 6:55:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1.I wasn't like that as a teen.I always hated such behaviour.
2. I've seen several videos where people would stand up, run around, against walls, disappear etc. titled "Most horrible Salvia trip" etc..

69ron
#15 Posted : 6/28/2010 10:30:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What about the videos of people being drunk, drinking and driving and killing people, attacking police in a drunken rage, jumping off of bridges and buildings, getting into fights at bars, etc. When compared, alcohol is much worse than salvia.

When someone gets drunk and attacks a policeman, we just right it off as, “oh he was junk drunk”. But if someone does that while on salvia, we say, “look at how crazy those salvia users are. We need to ban that stuff.”

COME ON PEOPLE! WHERE IS THE LOGIC?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Apoc
#16 Posted : 6/29/2010 5:02:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
What about the videos of people being drunk, drinking and driving and killing people, attacking police in a drunken rage, jumping off of bridges and buildings, getting into fights at bars, etc. When compared, alcohol is much worse than salvia.

When someone gets drunk and attacks a policeman, we just right it off as, “oh he was junk drunk”. But if someone does that while on salvia, we say, “look at how crazy those salvia users are. We need to ban that stuff.”

COME ON PEOPLE! WHERE IS THE LOGIC?

But no one's even doing that on salvia!

State of the Mind
#17 Posted : 7/25/2010 1:02:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have completely changed my mind about Salvia being banned. Recently I have been doing quite a bit of research on research chemicals. The reasons for this being that many people in my area are beginning to take a real liking to them after the whole Mephedrone epidemic. Also many of these research chemicals are beginning to be cut into the drugs that flow through our communities.

But anyway, these research chemicals are beginning to be banned much quicker these days and it seems that every other month a new bill is signed and a new lot of research chemicals are banned. The government are beginning to smarten up and are able to ban substances very quickly. I think that if the government saw Salvia and other legal highs as threatening drugs they would have already banned these drugs.

It is nice to see the goverment targeting the right drugs, for once.