We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
heated naptha? Options

#1 Posted : 5/19/2010 11:59:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hello there my friends.Just got a quick question for when i give extraction another go.Now iv heard if you heat the naptha it will pick up more spice.So im wondering would you chuck ur spice solution in a hot water bath or just the naptha before adding to the solution?cheers thanks for any help.Laughing
i wanna i wana pipe full of portholes

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

barrowingtime
#2 Posted : 5/19/2010 12:56:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thats a question i didn't know i wanted to know,

never done it before but one would assume that while it is best to have warm naptha it shouldn't hurt to have the other stuff warm as well. my 2 cents.

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 5/19/2010 2:45:37 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

When you heat your naptha and/or your basified mhrb solution you can pull more stuff. However you will not be pulling just dmt, you will also be pulling plant fats and oils. For example, I was heat bathing one of my early extractions and the glass jug cracked and shattered when I lowered it into the boiling water (someone forgot to gradually heat up his jar of mhrb Embarrased ). So what I ended up doing was boiling off a ton of excess water to reduce the volume. Then I basified and pulled while the solution was still incredibly hot.

I got the most piss-yellow naptha I have ever seen, which in turn yielded bright yellow crystals. These crystals were re-x'd fine to white-clear and then oxidized to light yellow-clear. My overall yield was slightly larger than other comparable pulls, which I would attribute to the heat. Some of the oils/fats in the yellow waxy discarded stuff were smoked and found to be somewhat active, so I feel like I could have done a less intense re-x and gotten even higher yields...but I don't know how the overall quality would have been affected.

In general I like to heatbathe my naptha prior to pulling by putting my jar of naptha in a bowl of boiling water. I also do my pulls shortly after basifying, when the heat from the lye/water reaction has warmed the basified mhrb solution. I find that this makes for ideal pulling efficiency, imo, and usually only requires one re-x.

peace
SB
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Gir
#4 Posted : 5/19/2010 2:56:41 PM

Gir

I heat naptha to just a bit hot, then pull with it 3 or 4 times without reheating. Then leave a uber heated pull in overnight. It goes well, but I get gunk on 2 or 3 of the pulls.. Before I didnt heat it up, I never got gunk, but i didnt get half the yeilds I get now.

-gir
Lets go extract something together Smile

house wrote:
19:10:05 ‹house› mama aya gave me lego man eye healers

Smoke Spice, NOW

Gir likes to tell lies, and the truth, but gir cant even tell the difference between them...

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.phpTHIS IS THE VENUS PROJECT.

ghostman
#5 Posted : 5/19/2010 3:29:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I heat both the MHRB soup in a bath and I warm the naphtha.
Peace in mind, Love in heart

DeMenTed
#6 Posted : 5/19/2010 5:17:48 PM

Barry

You can use hot water to add to the mhrb and lye for even bigger yields but as was mentioned above you are pulling more than just dmt, from personal experience i think its all good though Very happy

#7 Posted : 5/20/2010 9:50:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks heaps everyone i got what i needed .cheers
i wanna i wana pipe full of portholes

Trickster
#8 Posted : 5/20/2010 11:57:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

You can get the same yield with cool naphta by increasing number of pulls. In swim experience cool naphta = cleaner spice.

Also, remember that same amount of naphta divided into more pulls is always better than fewer pulls. I.e. 5 pulls 20 ml each = 100 ml is better than 2 pulls 50 ml each = 100 ml.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.