We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Peruvian Torch + LSD report Options

lyserge
#1 Posted : 5/18/2010 9:52:18 PM

polyfather anomalous

Greetings all,

This weekend I headed off to the magical mountains for a good ol' 24 hour shindig at a farm owned by friends. A few hundred of us were out there, and the site proved to be a well-chosen magical little spot for a magical little gathering, with ponds and springs and mountains and mist and a refreshing river to boot. I brought along a jar of Peruvian Torch tea, 150 dried grams cooked overnight in a crockpot with spring water and a squeeze of lemon juice. Around 4 PM Saturday I drank the tea while sitting with a friend by the river, and within about twenty minutes I met another friend who offered a sugar cube of acid, freshly made from drops off a vial of liquid acid. As the Peruvian Torch kicked in, a thunderstorm rolled in and all the festival attendees prepared for the heavens to open up - "there's a storm a-foot". I headed to the car to eat the sugar cube before it could get wet. It dissolved into my mouth, very sweet and very promising.

Within about 20 minutes, the sugar kicked in, WoW. I'd previously taken LSD 5 times (not counting contact trips), and each of these times it took about an hour to kick in; on these occasions it was like a light switching on very quickly yet quite subtly. With the Peruvian Torch already in effect, this LSD kick felt almost as powerful as a DMT shoot-off, and very quickly everything I identify as "me" and "my world" dissolved into a beautiful, bright light, the "shining void". At the same time, I felt tremendous pain, including pain in the back (my usual pain due to poor posture and years heavy backpacks), and tremendous emotional pain from early traumatic experiences; I tried to float downstream but resistance was somewhat inevitable. The rush from the come-up was so intense that I began to ask some of the older folks around for an antidote. I was quite shocked at how powerful the molecule proved to be. I found a few elders, and asked them for antidotes, but they reassured me that the source was top-quality and that I was surrounded by family; there was no antidote for this one but time. Two of the elders were a couple, at the shindig with their son, and the wife offered me a light massage and walked around with me, holding me and supporting my head. I talked with her about some of the issues that were arising for me, and she offered some psychotherapeutic support; in retrospect I wonder if I was putting too much of a burden on these people, taking out my issues on them, but they said they’d offered similar support many times before.

Upon returning to the family’s tent, I realized that I’d come upon them at the wrong time; there were evidently jealousy issues brought up by the supportive walk, and the couple lashed into an argument along the lines of, “after 20 years, this isn’t working out, we’re done”, and began to split up their possessions while engaging in harsh conversation. I felt the entire universe tearing apart with their apparent divorce that was seemingly caused by my intrusion, but at this point I was incoherent; the “I” that I normally refer back to was dissolved, but there was still an “I” to refer to – the mystic-philosopher Franklin Merrell-Wolff described this “I” as Pure Subject.

I continued to walk around, through the fields, enjoying the music and good vibes. The grasses in the field took on an extraterrestrial character, like a network of 3-foot tall light-filled tubes crisscrossing the pathways traversed. Apparently some local-yokels also heard about the festival; I met some of them, and their response to me was basically, "What planet are YOU from?", and "calm down...here's some beer, there's some vagina in the next tent...it's a microscopic amount, don't worry". It reminded me of some of Bill Hicks' acts, like being beamed into a redneck gathering from some far-off galaxy.

I was absolutely shocked at how powerful this combination proved to be; it’d been a little over two years since my last dissolving LSD interface, and I seem to have matured psychologically and "spiritually" in that time period; in addition, recent interfacing with DMT and the Harmalas has given me experience with exploring strange realms with a fully intact ego. The Peruvian Torch also gave a slightly distinct and enhanced perception of the LSD+serotonin receptor contact. All these factors combined lead to a very profound and beneficial interface with the molecule; my body felt absolutely wonderful on the cellular level the following day.

Hats off to the alchemists who evidently are still producing top-notch and clean LSD to work its way through the cultural veins.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

teotenakeltje
#2 Posted : 5/18/2010 10:14:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lysergify wrote:
The grasses in the field took on an extraterrestrial character, like a network of 3-foot tall light-filled tubes crisscrossing the pathways traversed.

Very happy sounds so familiar...

Great report! thank you

lyserge
#3 Posted : 5/19/2010 6:26:36 PM

polyfather anomalous

teotenakeltje wrote:
lysergify wrote:
The grasses in the field took on an extraterrestrial character, like a network of 3-foot tall light-filled tubes crisscrossing the pathways traversed.

Very happy sounds so familiar...

Great report! thank you

Agreed, for me, mescaline and the other phenethylamines (such as the 2C-x's) have a distinct extraterrestrial character; I feel like an alien creature beamed down to the planet, whereas with the few tryptamines I've partaken of (psilocybin/psilocin + dimethyltryptamine) I feel IN and OF the Earth, though sometimes aliens are encountered. LSD is something else...
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

antichode
#4 Posted : 5/21/2010 1:18:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great post lysergify

I have come across truly potent lsd on only a few occasions and both times left me absolutely blown away. Since those times many years ago the cacti have taken me very deeply. 150 grams of my plants would be an extremely powerful experience on its own. I just can't quite fathom what sort of strange and wild torpedo that must have been for you.

By the way... Where did your avatar come from? Its brilliant!

lyserge
#5 Posted : 5/21/2010 9:36:32 PM

polyfather anomalous

antichode wrote:
Great post lysergify

I have come across truly potent lsd on only a few occasions and both times left me absolutely blown away. Since those times many years ago the cacti have taken me very deeply. 150 grams of my plants would be an extremely powerful experience on its own. I just can't quite fathom what sort of strange and wild torpedo that must have been for you.

By the way... Where did your avatar come from? Its brilliant!

Thank you for the feedback Sir. I think the Peruvian Torch pre-dose for the LSD was an excellent choice - the cactus seems to put one into a slightly different frame of mind from which to view LSD's effects on the psyche/soma. The come-on was so powerful I couldn't talk coherently, but in my head I was very coherent and remember most of it very well. The "I" that I normally consider myself was dissolved, but there was still an "I" that I could refer back to...how fascinating. As 69Ron said, LSD is easily one of the greatest mind tools we humans have invented/discovered - though according to some, including Jonathon Ott, it is likely also naturally occurring, specifically in tumors in certain primate species.

The avatar comes from a mental patient named Louis Wain. He painted a series of cat paintings supposedly illustrating his "descent" into schizophrenia...strangely enough these are some of the closest depictions I've come across of certain DMT entities SWIM has encountered. Check out the one in the lower left...
lyserge attached the following image(s):
madcatter.jpg (59kb) downloaded 129 time(s).

polytrip
#6 Posted : 5/22/2010 6:55:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Have you considered that the MAOI's in torch probably gave the LSD you took a huge boost? Maybe doubled it or tripled it's strength. I have never tried the torch-LSD combo, but i have done LSD with passionflower, and i found it dramatically increased the effects of acid and altered them as well. Especially the visuals became much more awesome. Sometimes i became totally encompassed in energetic vibrating colours.
If you then add mescaline to the mix, like with your torch-acid combo, you must get the most fantastic effect imaginable.
I'm surprised to hear that the onset of LSD goes faster with it. That sounds totally awesome.

lyserge
#7 Posted : 5/26/2010 7:44:27 PM

polyfather anomalous

polytrip wrote:
Have you considered that the MAOI's in torch probably gave the LSD you took a huge boost?
If you then add mescaline to the mix, like with your torch-acid combo, you must get the most fantastic effect imaginable.
I'm surprised to hear that the onset of LSD goes faster with it. That sounds totally awesome.

Yes, it was a surprise to me, too Cool. I'll be interested to hear if anyone else has any reports on the Torch/Pedro+LSD combination, especially those who have tried the same batch/dose level of LSD with and without the cactus. I was very surprised at the quick onset; I imbibed the sugar cube around the point when the Torch became active (~ +2 hours), so I suppose the serotonin receptors were already being bombarded with Torch alkaloids (if any non-mescaline alkaloids actually act on the serotonin receptors, I don't know about this), and when the LSD entered the brain it simply overwhelmed them; the effect was quite similar to the effect of millions of DMT molecules bombarding the serotonin receptors, only it was more like being "dissolved", as opposed to "being shot off".

There are other reports on here of other phenethylamine family members (Mescaline, 2c-x's, 2c-t-7, MDxx's) potentiating/synergizing with DMT and LSD; I think there's something going on here above and beyond mere MAOI activity of the materials in question; I know very little about how the materials act on the serotonin receptors or other neurotransmitter receptor sites in the brain, and if anyone here does I'd certainly like to hear their thoughts.