We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia extract (First time) while on 2 doses of LSD(second time).. silly me. Options

Eluna
#1 Posted : 5/17/2010 10:48:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wrote this about a year ago..

I went to a bush psytrance party about 3 hours into the bush with about 150 people it was pretty cool with a full on DJ setup and what not. I was with friends that i had made recently but trusted greatly. I was also on 2 tabs of acid (guesstimating medium-strong tabs). This kind of event, everyone is on drugs. Don't get the impression that this is some commercial thing or what not, bongs were handed around freely and lsd was sold in the open with lights used to drop acid onto peoples tongues infront of many onlookers.

The effects of the acid were that i was seeing 3 second traces on the fire twirlers, and was just generally have a good trip. (This is about 2-3 hours into my trip).

It was at this time when i decided i might try salvia. I had always said i am very safety consious and i had read a few trip reports on it but i guess the fact that it is legal in many places and was first banned in my own country that made me think this isnt so dangerous.

When doing pills, i read pill reports, tested my own pills with kits only bought them if i knew they had been taken by my friends and mine were in the same batch. I was as safety consious as you can be.

I don't know why i didnt think salvia was as strong as it is, i mean i had read a few trip reports and thought hey thats cool, but it never crossed into my mind that the things they are saying are actually what they saw/felt. I thought if they said they were traveling along planes of existance that they would still feel like they are sitting down perfectly still and just moving their head around... Oh how misinformed i was.

About 5 hours into my night at around 3AM i was having a jolly good time on acid enjoying the psytrance enjoying the fire staffers and poi'ers (i myself have been taking up the art of poi over the last 3 months) and was just really going with the flow.

I decided to pull out a small baggie of salvia 10x extract i had managed to aquire recently and brought a friend who was also tripping over to a bonfire with a few strangers around it and to consume this mystical sage. I just felt like it would be the perfect time to do this thing, not in a recreational way at all to get high but to experience this mystical knowledge.

You know.. it just felt like the right time for such a thing.

I guess i was just misinformed.. or.. perhaps just not informed enough to make a proper judgement of what i should have done.

What i type now will be my trip report for the first time. There are some things i'll leave out that i only remembered the second time i tried salvia.

I was sitting about 2 meters in front of the fire (This was an unbelievably stupid thing for me to do, and i was lucky i didnt get hurt from it, but again i wasnt completely aware of what may possibly happen).

I let an aquaintance try it first a full cone piece full of salvia 10x extract with a butane torch lighter lighting it all up to the final moment in a big hit and holding it for 30 seconds. He looks fine, he said woah a couple of times and laughed a whole lot. He is an experienced tripper who was on 3 tabs of acid, it was his first time trying salvia.

I waited about 5 minutes and he seemed fine just a bit zoned out and laughing heaps saying thats pretty crazy.

So then i decided to pack it tightly and took the huge hit.

I don't remember blowing out.

The next thing i remembered is i was placed into another world, there were about 10 people around the fireplace before i hit the bong, now there was just 3(in my trip), my friend was no where to be seen, at this stage i felt completely fine just a bit.. confused..

So i started talking to these few people sitting at the fireplace.

Me: "Hey"
Person: "Hi, welcome"
Me thinking "im on this drug" but not quite realising that its going to wear off, i just didnt fathom that it could wear off. why would i when something is 100% realistic in every way? It's like when your on a lucid dream and you lose it even though you once knew you were lucid.. why wouldnt it be real?
Me: "Oh... i see.. "
Person: "What did you think would happen?"
Me: "I don't know, oh man.. please dont let this happen. i didnt mean for any of this.."
Person: "Well you went, you got it and you did it, what were you expecting?!"
Me: "Please... I dont want it to be this way"

Thats all the talking that happened.

Next thing i try to stand up (unsure of the crossover of reality and this alternate world) but as i stood up it felt like i was crashing down. Perhaps in reality i was on the floor but in this "trip" i was actually walking, i tried to walk away and this is when what ill call the "reality factory"(as i got from reading another salvia trip report and relating to it) effect kicked in.

The reality factory effect is what killed my ego. Ego-death is definetaly real. Id say its not like some thing that changes your personality for life.. Well no thats wrong, it does do that.. But so does eating an apple. The best way to explain what this does to you outside the trip is its just like a kick in the ass to do things that will make the rest of your life better. Isn't that a good thing? You must take this and go and do those things. Save money, be nicer, keep up that good job get a promotion etc.

The "Reality factory" effect is what i forgot after my first trip.

I remembered it the second time i tripped, 1 week later with a sitter in my bed room. Its the only thing i experienced the second time around.

I swear, i have seen some things in real life that made me think this visual hallucination is the "reality factory". It must have been an ad on tv or something like that.

Ok ok.. This reality factory effect.. Let me explain it.

When on salvia, you get this feeling of falling forward.. I had heard of people feel like they are "falling" But i believe this falling is directed towards your vision, as if gravity pulls into the most distant part of your central point of vision.

I believe this feeling of falling forward comes from the visual hallucination.

Hmm this is going to be very difficult to explain in words. Try to just picture what i say from here on.

I'll just describe some parts of it. The setting or backdrop of this location is white, endless space. But thats not the main part of the location.

It starts off with a long line of what i can describe as dominos. Plastic dominos that are each unique. they stack with a loud plastic noise much like when you knock down a line of dominos.

Each one for some reason had some words on it, i keep thinking they were house addresses, or peoples names, entities for other people like me, . I heard a voice which was like reading a bit of each one as it goes past. If they were names it would be like "Sar ton mat emil" if like the names were "sarah tony matt emily" etc but this is happening REALLY quickly. I don't know how i was comprehending all of these names or locations or what not. The voice was reading it like reading through all the citizens of a country, something of that sort. Hard to explain. It made me feel like i was nothing. This is what ego death is, to me, the feeling of it being SO REAL just like lucid dreams but not quite having that high level of knowing that it isnt real.

The general idea of each of this bricks is they were seperate peoples minds.. i guess. Now that i keep thinking about this it reminds me so badly of something like an ad i saw on tv, i may do a bit of research for it later.

Anyway. as these bricks go flying past from my left to right my vision then pans to the right and i see endless columns and rows of these plastic "bricks".

They then take on my vision. This is where i believe the falling forward comes from. The bricks are still bricks, but colored like my vision, as they are falling into place i try to move, because at this stage in both of my trips i only slightly knew i was on a substance, you certainly never think "its going to be over in 5 minutes, ill just stay still and wait for it to be over".. Oh no no that isnt going to happen. If you have the willpower to think that its going to be over soon sure that might happen but when things that appear so real are flying around you and your senses are skewed it is very difficult to control what your real body does.

As these plastic blocks are falling past, and now stacking on top of a pile that is surrounded by other piles of varying height in the infiniteness, i try to move. My vision of those plastic blocks is now where my eyes are, and i feel like im moving forward, I accept that i need to move forward and start to walk, into the piles of plastic "reality blocks". However i feel a huge resistance and this scares me. As i walk through the blocks my vision is still what feels like "at the back of my head". The process of walking into these plastic blocks but not really being stopped.. I guess it would be comparable to trying to walk through a pit of plastic colored balls at a play center.

At this point where i have started moving towards the blocks is when i am coming out of the peak. After talking to people that dont exist and looking through planes of alternate realities of these "reality blocks"... I start to freak out the most here. The point of seeing these cubes to starting to walk into them (back to reality) lasted around 20 seconds i believe.

The process of walking into these cubes easing into reality lasted about the same time, but probobly a bit less actually. It was such a drowning feeling.. As i kept walking into it i eased back into reality.. The thought was "oh shit.. man that cant be right" because the trip involved me walking "into realities" which is how the trip ended, leaving me thinking "this isnt my real reality".. But i mean hey, if i was weak minded i can see how that could fuck someone up.

As i eased out of it i was running very fast through the bush between people at this psytrance event, i recount grabbing one person, begging to hold their hand as i eased in to reality, then jumping to another person on my way to my friends car and then finally getting there and asking them "is this real" and what not, i had a huge amount of paranoia that one of my friends at any time could say "dude, your still in salvia" but everything just kept making sense, they were saying things new to me, their voice was their voice, the car was warmer then outside, i could feel my body all over.. I knew i was back.

I'm sure the acid had something to do with the severity of my trip. I almost felt like crying afterwords but i did not. I feared that i may have reoccuring nightmares about what happened but i think i got a grasp on it now and realised its just a hallucination and nothing will come of it.

The next day i asked my friend what happened when i smoked it. I quote "Basically you took the hit, held it in for ages smiled at me and then you kinda went limp, lied on the floor for a bit then ran off screaming at a million miles an hour".

So as i was saying, the "reality factory" effect i did not remember until my second trip, which i did the same amount of the same salvia but sober, 1 week after the first. All i got was the reality factory effect which scared me at first it didnt last as long. Maybe if i did it again i would be able to get past the fact that its just a visual thing, but id rather not, ive experienced the same thing twice now, and i dont appreciate it.

Salvia doesnt make things appear on your existing reality.

It plonks you into another and makes you think/see fucked up shit that seem real.

It gave me a kick in the butt about how precious life is and im going to take that and improve on things in my life that i have been procrastinating over for the last few years.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

LoveTheUniverse
#2 Posted : 5/18/2010 4:19:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Great report! Sounds quite profound compared to what I've heard of Salvia in the past (and pretty ballsy to do it at a doof while under the influence of acid heh). I've never experienced it, but I can relate to taking something from epic trips... "I didnt mean for any of this" <- Something that's rang through my mind many times, but it generally takes those really fucked up/intense trips (dead serious ego death) to gain something from it and like you said: A kick in the butt (or a theoretical sledgehammer to the face) to move forward, progress and appreciate things.

Have to ask, in retrospect; have you still taken something from it to this day?

Eluna
#3 Posted : 5/18/2010 7:48:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It made me respect psychedelics, it set a bar which has allowed me better understand just how "out there" they can be. It has allowed me to relate to fealings that others have felt from their stories of psychedelics.

For about a month after the trip, i felt very dissociated. (considering my trip ended with me "picking a reality and just sticking to it"Pleased..

I can't say the experience made me suddenly change things and stick to it ie life goals or anything, but i definitely am sure that it made me appreciate life more and i have had more respect for people and am more open minded about things and less judging.. so yeah it has to this day affected me positively.

I'm glad i did it (And that it turned out with me not getting hurt physically).

State of the Mind
#4 Posted : 5/20/2010 2:45:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great report. Having read that really has made me want to up my normal dose, some of the high dosed trips sound very spiritual and "Out of this world". Thanks. Very happy
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.