We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Psilocybe Cyanescens in the UK Options

molcadot
#1 Posted : 5/16/2010 1:17:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thought it would be interesting to hear of other UK cyanescens finds, which county, what growing conditions, time of harvest and quantity. They're supposeably spreading quite rapidly and may, owing to increased fertiliser use in pastures coupled with ever increasing use of wood chips as mulch, eventually be our dominant psychoactive species.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

#2 Posted : 5/16/2010 6:54:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

interesting news! - I have not heard of this. Where did you hear about this and are they hard to find? Have you found any yourself?
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

L_Star
#3 Posted : 5/16/2010 7:59:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mushie power!!!

http://www.chezshaw.demo...woodchips/woodchips.html intresting ehy, mayb c u there Razz (joke)

R*R
L
Much respect to all from L_Star

Disclaimer: EVERYTHING posted by L_Star is said from the following persons: SWIM. All are hypothetical posts and are not endorsements of any activities, beliefs, and practices stated, that may be correlated with the person stated, or another person posting, or third party user, in anyway on dmt-nexus.com. All that is said is for educational purposes and as said is "hypothetical" and therefore cannot be taken for true accounts. SWIM and L_Star abide by the Law in all practices. SWIM would like reader to note that SWIM is blind, and L_Star is a typing assistant voluntering for SWIM. L_Star is bound by legal legislation for customer privacy by Data Protection Act, therefore SWIM will not be identified.

Regards L_Star

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 5/16/2010 8:54:17 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SWIM has hard time believing that p.cyanescens will even be the dominant psychoactive species. There will always be far more sheep and cow grazing fields than hardwood mulch patches or hardwood forests.

SWIM has read here and there that p.cyanescens can be (have been?) found in UK but he has never really met them. Plus, there are quite a few mushroom foraging societies in the UK that catalogue and document the fungal flora and they will be quite surprised to find hidden man-made patches of p.cyanescens. SWIM has friends in mushroom foraging societies and they walk high and low all around for their mushroomy cataloguin hobbies.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Methtical
#5 Posted : 5/16/2010 8:57:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had a couple of failed attempts with mushrooms, either them not doing anything or not taking enough to produce much lasting effect. I figured the only way to experience them properly is to find them myself and prepare them accordingly and so is an idea I've been toying with the past couple of months. From what I'm told the best time of year is August-September, and I should be looking in places such as fields where cows or sheep are in the vicinty, but other than that my knowledge is pretty weak and I'll need to do some more research before I even think about going out to search for them - the cyanescens are supposed to be quite potent compared to more general species correct?

Any seek and locate tips for a complete novice, or at least good places to read around the subject?

Methtical

soulfood
#6 Posted : 5/16/2010 11:01:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'd say that august-september thing is a very loose guide.

It's best to just pay attention to the weather. I'm sure I'm not the only person who realised how long it took the autumn mushrooms to come out last year. They didn't seem to pop up in full force until late october and were found all the way into early december.

fourthripley
#7 Posted : 5/16/2010 11:09:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Not from personal experience, but with Cyancens, spot on id is essential; to the untrained eye they look a lot like deadly Galerina sp. which like the same habitats. I have heard rumours that they may hang out in the rose gardens at Kew but that, again, isn't from personal experience.
mistakes were made

gammagore
#8 Posted : 5/16/2010 11:13:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fourthripley wrote:
I have heard rumours that they may hang out in the rose gardens at Kew but that, again, isn't from personal experience.

Ive heard that tooVery happy

DMTripper
#9 Posted : 5/17/2010 1:15:30 AM

John Murdoch IV

Kew gardens in London?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

d*l*b
#10 Posted : 5/17/2010 4:05:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was in contact with someone on another board recently and he passed me the location of cyans in my town. The habitat is a new apartment complex’s recreation area in the woodchip flower beds. I had a couple of looks but was unable to find any myself, but the patch location has been shared with others so I may have been a bit too late.
D × V × F > R

fourthripley
#11 Posted : 5/17/2010 11:06:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
Kew gardens in London?

That's what I've heardSmile
mistakes were made

L_Star
#12 Posted : 5/17/2010 12:47:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So any woodchip is a like contendor for housing these u could possbily say, just look for all woodchipped green areas!!! loads in the local recreational parks Smile hurry up seasons.

R*R
L
Much respect to all from L_Star

Disclaimer: EVERYTHING posted by L_Star is said from the following persons: SWIM. All are hypothetical posts and are not endorsements of any activities, beliefs, and practices stated, that may be correlated with the person stated, or another person posting, or third party user, in anyway on dmt-nexus.com. All that is said is for educational purposes and as said is "hypothetical" and therefore cannot be taken for true accounts. SWIM and L_Star abide by the Law in all practices. SWIM would like reader to note that SWIM is blind, and L_Star is a typing assistant voluntering for SWIM. L_Star is bound by legal legislation for customer privacy by Data Protection Act, therefore SWIM will not be identified.

Regards L_Star

molcadot
#13 Posted : 5/17/2010 1:21:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've found them in hampshire, I came across them by chance, 200 in a 1mx1m area! I think that they will The increase in chemical fertiiser in pastures has likely reduced liberty cap numbers, as well as the occasional application of fungicides by irate land owners. Also not every pasture one encounters will have the mirth fruits. P. cyanescens does seem to be quite dense in it's fruiting in mulch. Kew gardens does support a healthy number, as does RHS Wisley in surrey. spreading them by collecting some woodchips with mycelium does have some success. Also, the fact that they mostly grow in public areas does have its merits. Being chased by angry farmers does wear a bit thin after a while. Identification is easy, there aren't any other fungi with such wavy caps that bruise as blue as these.

Bancopuma
#14 Posted : 5/17/2010 2:31:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do have some colonised P. cyanescens and azurescens woodchips...I need to get hold of some more bulk wood chips in the near future and get them moved outside.

DMTripper
#15 Posted : 5/17/2010 4:24:48 PM

John Murdoch IV

fourthripley wrote:
DMTripper wrote:
Kew gardens in London?

That's what I've heardSmile

Cool I've never been there but been on my way for long. Now I have a good reason to pay them a visit next fall Very happy
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

redeadnixon
#16 Posted : 9/19/2010 2:19:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to bump an old thread but,
Around Blackburn (nr. Manc.) there are loads of semi's growing at the moment,
I've seen quite a lot of P.Cyanescens lookalikes, but not checked them.
The weather is getting pretty favourable up here so if I find some when I go hunting I'll take some prints and report back.
It's not the first time we've been in this dream.

Methtical
#17 Posted : 9/19/2010 2:29:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have been keeping my eye on a thread over at the shroomery regarding this years season, some people are having luck but I think the general feeling is that the next week or two could be the time to harvest, weather dependant of course. I know where I shall be looking in my area I'm just waiting for the weather to deliver some good rainfall, which going by several websites doesn't look great for next weekend - typically when you want rain in the UK, it isn't forthcoming... bah!

Methtical

redeadnixon
#18 Posted : 9/19/2010 3:34:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Methtical wrote:
typically when you want rain in the UK, it isn't forthcoming... bah!

Methtical

Hahahahaha, too true man!

Could post a link to the thread? Would be much appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, just found the thread.

ElusiveMind
#19 Posted : 9/23/2010 4:40:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

While SWIM can't attest to the conditions in the UK, SWIM can with the PNW. Here is a graph attached that SWIM has gone by which shows when roughly Cyanescens appear in the PNW.... which should be roughly the same for the UK. The graph depicts when cyanescens start to appear in relation to temperature. SWIM doesn't claim ownership of the graph and was found a while back at the Shroomery Razz Happy Hunting Wink

EDIT: If you notice that with the 2007 year, the mushrooms appear earlier.... that is because that year the rain came earlier..... sorta like this year Wink
ElusiveMind attached the following image(s):
231320057-cyanseasons.jpg (143kb) downloaded 223 time(s).
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

redeadnixon
#20 Posted : 9/29/2010 11:29:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

negative..
brown stems Sad

12NEXT