We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
I thought you were enlightened Options

Infinite I
#41 Posted : 10/31/2010 1:53:58 AM

JC

ohayoco wrote:
Infinite I is a saint Smile

Awe shucks your awrite too lol

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DMTripper
#42 Posted : 10/31/2010 5:14:03 AM

John Murdoch IV

olympus mon wrote:
the Dalia llama was once being interviewed by some British journalist about his exile from Tibet and the perilous journey fleeing the Chinese army hot on the small entourage's tale. each day the group just barley stayed one step ahead of the advancing army knowing full well that they would be immediately executed if captured.

the journalist kept exclaiming "sir you must have been terrified, you were in such danger at all times". he only nodded and then would tell some more story only later to have a different journalist exclaim "sir, you must have been so scared you were in such danger!" again the Dalia llama nodded his head yes and gently continued.

when this happened for a third time the llama stopped everyone so he could speak. he simply said "yes, yes my friends we were all in grave danger. we were in danger of hating the Chinese"

Thumbs up Smile Dalai Lama is the man Smile By the way I have a photo of me taken with him Smile I usually don't give a fuck about celebrities but I am proud of that photo Smile

@ Electric.Sight
Hey my first post was in no way addressed at you. I hadn't even read all the posts. I just wanted to post my view. It was you that took it to yourself. That might tell you something about yourself.

Hey I honestly respect your point of view. I'm your friend here Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

corpus callosum
#43 Posted : 10/31/2010 6:33:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I think part of being enlightened is the ability to restrain ones feelings of anger/hatred even if one has been wronged; being able to walk away from a situation where there exisits foolishness or vanity with a farewell greeting of 'peace'.

Hatred as an existential phenomenon clearly exists and does have a purpose.Hatred as an emotion needs to be made distinct from hatred with consequent action.

If one comes across something they hate (like seeing humanity starving etc) one should change it with their hand if they are able.If this is not possible then to speak out about it is next best.Failing this, they should allow their detestation to at least be harboured within the heart.

Thats my theory, but as we all know the intellectual appreciation of an idea is not the same as incorporating it into ones life as it should be-this is not quite so easy.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

olympus mon
#44 Posted : 10/31/2010 8:03:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

has anyone noticed their postings here are all out of order besides me?
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Electric.Sight
#45 Posted : 10/31/2010 10:26:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I noticed it to, my deleted posts were my failed attempts at fixing it lol.
DMTripper wrote:
Hey my first post was in no way addressed at you. I hadn't even read all the posts. I just wanted to post my view. It was you that took it to yourself. That might tell you something about yourself.

It can definitely relate to me lolSmile
I'm guilty of over-thinking things quite often. Maybe I should stop with the cannabinoids lol. I edited all my posts because they were completely unnecessary for this discussion.
I may have unintentionally attracted negative attention, I have been in a negative state of mind recently, and I think my stoned rant reflected it. It has nothing to do with this site and I shouldn't be venting my frustration here. Life has ups and downs, I'll be positive again soon enough.

Have a good one everyone!Very happy
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

shoe
#46 Posted : 10/31/2010 9:24:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great post, Vovin, Although admittedly, I didn't like it at first.
Temperance is a virtue.

olympus mon wrote:

Electric.Sight wrote:
Please enlighten me on how simply mentioning hate turns this thread ugly? There was no negativity in my eyes, just subjective speculation on an abstract emotion.

and please dont say things like "would you enlighten me..."

Yeah, absoloutely! Almost 100% of the time when somone says 'enlighten me' they really mean: 'you're not enlightened... just explain blahblahblah to me and you'll see!'
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Electric.Sight
#47 Posted : 10/31/2010 10:53:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This post was out of line, once again sorry!
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

ragabr
#48 Posted : 10/31/2010 11:14:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Communities cohere around values. It's extremely immature to expect any types of attitudes to be embraced. Especially with a group strongly oriented to virtuous behaviour. The Nexus links all new members to the Attitude section and displays it prominently at the top of the page to make this explicit.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Electric.Sight
#49 Posted : 10/31/2010 11:20:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Electric.Sight wrote:
Maybe time will show I'm wrong and lesson learned.

Lesson is being learned.

vovin
#50 Posted : 10/31/2010 11:53:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

shoe wrote:
Great post, Vovin, Although admittedly, I didn't like it at first.
Temperance is a virtue.

olympus mon wrote:

Electric.Sight wrote:
Please enlighten me on how simply mentioning hate turns this thread ugly? There was no negativity in my eyes, just subjective speculation on an abstract emotion.

and please dont say things like "would you enlighten me..."

Yeah, absoloutely! Almost 100% of the time when somone says 'enlighten me' they really mean: 'you're not enlightened... just explain blahblahblah to me and you'll see!'

I probably at the beginning of this post should have chosen my words more wisely. At the time I did not know it would get this much attention nor did I expect it to be stickied. It's very easy to read too much into or not enough into a post as you cannot tell from typed words the tone of voice nor do you know the person you are talking to beyond a basic level. Life has it's ups and downs. Time has a way of clearing the emotions from a reaction and allowing me to see that I was speaking in anger or defensively.

Oftentimes myself I find in the middle of typing a reply I decide that I will not hit the post and wait a day and re read it. Often then I see that my state of mind as well as my attitude at the time has caused me to totally misinterpret what was said. It is one of the reasons why I do not have that many posts under my belt. Communication is a complicated thing, doubly so when you are speaking across nations to cultures and people you have never known. When something angers or annoys me I make a point of not posting or replying on it for at least a day so that I may look upon it and reflect as to why.

Personally I believe all are enlightened who seek to better themselves as I do not see enlightenment as a destination or goal but a way of life. All on the path regardless of where they are in my mind are enlightened each day they move forward. Nor do I think the enlightenment for one is the same as that of another. I hope that all would follow their own path and follow none other. While we may walk aside one another for awhile the journey is a lonely one. The wisdom is in the journey not the destination for me.

Some days I look back on my writings and see them as profound and others I look at and feel myself to be a complete fool. So much so as to embarrass myself. We are not always at our best every day.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

shoe
#51 Posted : 10/31/2010 11:58:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Electric.Sight wrote:
^^^^
Funny, the first time I heard that phrase used was directed at me from a Mod on this very site!
It went quite unnoticed however.

I'm skeptical of those who say they achieve enlightenment, it's not such an easy thing to do.

ACTUALLY, I believe completely the opposite. I am beginning to think that whatever I achieved was only a tiny, tiny taste of what is possible. by doing something special in our lives, such as giving up all worldly possessions, we could make it possible to have this oneness experience again and again (it already is possible to do that, That state of being is infinite.... but I mean: to have it more frequently in our lifetime)

However, I'm pretty sure you get groups of people who I will call 'oneness addicts' who have had a taste of it before, or remember it strongly from when they were there last, and seek to return to it. it is after-all, a state of great, great joy, but also, unfathomable responsibility.

By the way: I am not concerned at all about how people behave toward eachother, and as you said: "act". Nirvana is above all acts.

"vovin" wrote:
I hope that all would follow their own path and follow none other.

Those are wise words Vovin, and also magickal teachings of the highest order... and so I did. I do.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

ragabr
#52 Posted : 11/1/2010 12:30:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Electric.Sight wrote:
I believed the nexus' values circled around openness and acceptance, does that only apply if I share your beliefs on social structure and interactions?

I may be putting some beliefs and values into question, but am I not in my right to do so?

Maybe time will show I'm wrong and lesson learned, or maybe it will show otherwise.

In the meantime I haven't hurt a single person with what I've said, and have not attacked anyone. I don't see the deal?

I don't think your opinions on hate caused much problem, but you took a very antagonistic attitude throughout. Also, schizm's joke was completely out of line and inappropriate for the forum. Your defense of it, and the self-centered line of reasoning it contained really spoke loudly. It seems to me that you jump from point to point on the surface of what this thread addressed instead of thinking about the underlying issues.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Electric.Sight
#53 Posted : 11/1/2010 1:41:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ragabr: I know I can come on a little strong with my arguments, but it's this constant questioning of everything that allows me to grow.

Edit: I am seeing things a little differently from my interactions in this thread, so I guess I can't argue with results.Smile

jungleheart
#54 Posted : 11/1/2010 1:50:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I didn't read the whole thread, but wanted to say I like the distinction that emotions are one thing and feelings are another. Emotions can often lead us astray, while feelings are more intuition. This is how I tend to operate. Weather the emotions, pay attention to the feelings.

jamie
#55 Posted : 11/1/2010 1:54:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

ragabr wrote:
Electric.Sight wrote:
I believed the nexus' values circled around openness and acceptance, does that only apply if I share your beliefs on social structure and interactions?

I may be putting some beliefs and values into question, but am I not in my right to do so?

Maybe time will show I'm wrong and lesson learned, or maybe it will show otherwise.

In the meantime I haven't hurt a single person with what I've said, and have not attacked anyone. I don't see the deal?

I don't think your opinions on hate caused much problem, but you took a very antagonistic attitude throughout. Also, schizm's joke was completely out of line and inappropriate for the forum. Your defense of it, and the self-centered line of reasoning it contained really spoke loudly. It seems to me that you jump from point to point on the surface of what this thread addressed instead of thinking about the underlying issues.

I really think that post by schizm was inappropriate as well. I find it somewhat dissapointing that people would come back here with the defence that we should just accept others opinions etc..thats fine and all..I am all for accepting others for what they believe and letting them be if they arent harming others..but that is not the point here..the point is that there is a time and a place for everything..this is the DMT nexus..not the woman bashing or discrimination nexus..I have no idea if schizm actaully feels that way about women or not, and personally I couldnt care less..but either way it has no place here. We are all here to talk about psychedelics and topics related to each section of the forum, and discriminating jokes about women to that degree really dont have any relevance here, whether or not some find them funny.

And none of this is an attack on schizm..just an observation on a single post that seems way out of context in relation to the DMT nexus.
Long live the unwoke.

Electric.Sight
#56 Posted : 11/1/2010 1:59:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree the joke had no relevance to this site whatsoever, but what's done is done. People paid attention to it and it became a big deal, I just ignored it and went about my day. By bringing it to the light, we've effectively broadcast this joke to a wider audience than if we had just ignored it.

jamie
#57 Posted : 11/1/2010 2:08:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

You are right..we give things power or the lack of it according to the degree we focus on it..we evoke worlds into being each time we allow any idea to take residence inside of us, and when our language then starts to reflect that idea that world then grows like a virus..we are the narriators of this story and that realization brings with it a certain level of personal responciblity.
Long live the unwoke.

jungleheart
#58 Posted : 11/1/2010 2:12:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
we are the narriators of this story and that realization brings with it a certain level of personal responciblity.

This is key. Thanks frac.

Electric.Sight
#59 Posted : 11/1/2010 2:13:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

^^^agreedSmile

I'll leave this one with Love, Happy Halloween everyone!Twisted Evil

olympus mon
#60 Posted : 11/1/2010 5:19:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

electricsight- just a few thoughts id like to add to the topic at hand. personally i cant stand the word enlightened. it always sounds so pious and if we are referring to the state of being that people like the Buddha and Dalia llama supposedly achieved i strongly doubt anyone here is enlightened. i know its just a word and has different meaning for many but it gets thrown around here quite more than im used to.

like vovin said in hind sight he probably would have chosen different words to express his sentiment had he only known we would be on page 4 still picking apart every little word a year later/

warning to all poster- ya never know when your words will be made a sticky so choose wisely!!!!Laughing Laughing

next thought- you were making points about older members telling people how to live and i must say i dont see that at all. i mean you have a few bad apples that do but thats to be expected. however i do think most of the older memers are on the same page and why wouldnt they be?
our common pursuit is our common bond.

i dont like it when people expect the community to be so Christ-like in all matters just because there on the nexus a mod, or senior member ext... other than some ass-clown like poor joke i never saw anyone attack you like your posts keep implying. i don't know you as a person but on the nexus you are defensive, period. thats not an attack or a judgment its an observation of your expressions. again that's just my opinion.

its even more baffling that your surprised at getting this much resistance advocating hate as a good teaching tool ext on a forum where love is a dominant goal. honestly ive never heard anyone rally for hate anywhere in life let alone here. that doesn't make you wrong but for this environment its almost a radical view and should be expected to make some waves. not usually a bad thing.

you haven't made me angry, i don't think less of your mind and ideas and id probably guess your a good chap. we just don't agree. many people here don't agree. this doesn't make those that don't ganging up on you its just means more of the community here doesn't seem to agree with your logic. that's all. you don't need to feel so attacked and threatened.

you have made some great points and just about everyone involved has expressed that at least once. look for the good and it will stand out more. look for the negative and you will surely find it.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

PREV12345NEXT»