We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
I thought you were enlightened Options

actualfactual
#21 Posted : 10/30/2010 6:08:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Steely wrote:
A devote Christian converted, and became an enlightened Buddhist. When his dearest friends asked him if he sees he was wrong before, he simply states, "It doesn't matter, I am happy either way."

There is no grasping the vast diversity in the history of each person even on this small forum; think of the 6.6 billion people on this planet. We are all here together as a community for a reason, and that is what everyone else in the world is doing.

Everyone is as happy as they want themselves to be.

great post - and thanks for bumping this

also, thanks vovin for starting this thread I did not notice it until now

hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

olympus mon
#22 Posted : 10/30/2010 6:56:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

vovin wrote:

Learning the art of communication is essential in conveying understanding and wisdom to others this is doubly so when we are discussing things that transcend what can be conveyed in spoken words.

you know as crazy as this sounds the nexus has taught me more about how to communicate than any other venture in my life.
here where before me lays so many brilliant minds i find myself in a state of calmness and approaching with respect. the accountablilty of our words spot lights speaking in absolutes and overly exaggerated truths.
i let go of using words like really, always, and totally. pretty much anything that ends with -ly tends to be bullshit coming out of my mouth. i learned to speak more honestly and with out so much ego influence. i speak from the heart now and after i press post i feel content at an accurately expressed thought even if its disagreed with by the ones i try to learn from. for they are also trying to learn from me.

i feel no less significant than anyone else here and try my best to not feel superior to even the biggest wanker of the community, but in all this trying i am still human. i falter and fail i succeed and i triumph.
shoe wrote:
Great post vovin, everyone here agrees on that; maybe you should take the path and walk it slowly, because going direct, and realizing that you are the single candle to guide the billions, is not cool.

shoe- i take offense to your words to vovin but not because i feel the need to rescue him. he needs no help from anyone. i take offense because your words imply the need to be absolute and perfect before suggesting a different way of thinking. this isnt only unfair its impossible and unnecessary.
im not a fan of words like enlightened and spiritual but it doesn't make what vovin is suggesting any less of a good notion. i wonder what is it that strikes you as offensive in what he is saying?
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Electric.Sight
#23 Posted : 10/30/2010 11:41:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

A lot of good wisdom here. I agree while trying to convey information, ideas or advice it is probably better to take a calm respectful approach. No need to distract oneself with extreme emotions while trying to discuss or understand.
Introducing hate into a discussion takes the entire focus away from it and turns it into a battle of the ego's like mentioned before.

Edit: I think I hypocritically proved the point of the original post well. I don't know what I was thinking in this thread. SorryEmbarrased
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

DMTripper
#24 Posted : 10/30/2010 1:47:50 PM

John Murdoch IV

Sometimes when you disagree it's good just to walk the other way. It's not necessary to always post your opinion. I read a lot of posts here where I disagree and I don't reply to them because people are allowed to have their opinion. I don't need everyone to agree to me and see things my way. I don't care.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

actualfactual
#25 Posted : 10/30/2010 3:14:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
However, I'm going to go against the grain here. I believe we are given the ability to feel a wide spectrum of emotions for a reason. Love is usually more appealing, but who's to say nothing can be learned from hate?

What is ever gained from hatred?

Name one thing you've ever "learned" from hatred, or one positive effect it has ever had on your life?

jungleheart
#26 Posted : 10/30/2010 4:02:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a little bit off topic, but some people in the chat and I were discussing the inclusion of an "anti-hate speech, or anti-discrimination" clause in the Nexus rules. This doesn't happen often on the Nexus, but I think it would be nice to have some leverage for cracking down when it does happen, because I've seen it more than once.

For example, the joke by Schizm posted in this link: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=16073 . This is just an example, but it demonstrates that it is unnecessary to put down a whole group of people to get a laugh, or really for any reason. Several of the females agreed that this joke made them feel uncomfortable. This isn't the first time I have seen discrimination against a group here.

There should be a clause in the Nexus rules that state that discrimination will not be tolerated. Not against race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other group that someone may put down in order to elevate their egos or get a laugh. We should honor the minorities on the Nexus, to get them to stick around and encourage more diversity. Being a minority already makes it easier to walk away from a group.

That's my two cents.

jamie
#27 Posted : 10/30/2010 4:49:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I think thats already in the attitude section..if people cant understand that then maybe they should just not be here..that post from schizm is rediculous to be honest. Only certain people find those kind of jokes funny.
Long live the unwoke.

actualfactual
#28 Posted : 10/30/2010 5:40:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Electric.Sight wrote:

aloneits wrote:
What is ever gained from hatred?

Hate can be very powerful, it's all a matter of knowing what situations it's useful for.
A little off topic but an example is the situation with nuclear weapons.
Maybe if we love the nukes hard enough they won't blow us up?*sarcasm*
Doesn't seem logical to me. Hate can be useful for expressing the way I feel about such a destructive object.
Hate isn't useful for a situation like this where we have several different people voicing their opinions in an open forum.

I don't mean to cause any trouble here, just have a different viewpoint is all.

I agree hate is powerful, but you still haven't answered the question what it is useful for, or what you gain because of it? I understand it helps you express a feeling you may have, but again, what was actually accomplished?

I understand loving nuclear weapons won't make them disappear, but what exactly is your hating them accomplish? You have only managed to put yourself in a negative state of mind and the problem still exists.

I'm simply trying understand your point of view, I know you aren't trying to cause trouble..

I can't think of a single positive thing hate has ever accomplished in life, but I am open to the possibility I haven't thought of a time it may be.

Electric.Sight wrote:

fractal enchantment wrote:
I think thats already in the attitude section..if people cant understand that then maybe they should just not be here..that post from schizm is rediculous to be honest. Only certain people find those kind of jokes funny.
I read the joke and didn't find it funny, but if schizm does why can't we just let him be? It's only offensive if you let it offend you. People paid attention to it and it got a reaction, if everyone who didn't find it funny simply ignored it, then it's not so big of a deal.

I try to be as subjective as possible when I post my opinion since none of us really have a clue. Maybe it's coming across as offensive which I do not intend in any way. Sorry if that's the case.

I agree with you here. Regardless if I agree with his comments or not, who am I to tell him his opinion is any less valid then mine?

As another poster said "Everyone is as happy as they want themselves to be."

actualfactual
#29 Posted : 10/30/2010 6:04:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I see our points of view aren't going to be able to be reconciled, but I would just like to reply to a few of your comments..

Quote:
Perhaps everyone starts hating nukes, now we have that powerful hatred times 6 billion. Imagine what that would accomplish?

Imagine if everyone loved each other, we would get rid of all the nukes Smile

We have a better chance of getting everyone to love then to get everyone to hate, because I don't hate anyone and I don't see that changing Smile

Quote:
Negative states of mind are less desirable, but it's all just part of the human experience.

They are less desirable, so I choose not to subject myself to them.

Quote:
Controlled hate can be used in times of passion such as a fight. In an ideal world violence would be eliminated, but we don't live in that world yet.

We don't live in that world yet, but if I have anything to say about it we will. I choose to be a part of the solution and not a part of the problem.

Quote:
If we become too passive, those who will use hate for darker intentions will gladly do so. History shows this repeatedly.
Fight fire with fire they say.

I choose not to align myself with those types of people. Life is what you make it, and there is plenty of love in the world -- sometimes you just have to find it

Quote:
I was given the ability to feel hate for a reason, who am I to argue with creation?

This is where you are mistaken my friend. Hate is a creation of the ego, creation is pure unadulterated love Smile

I hope you have an enjoyable weekend my man <3

Saidin
#30 Posted : 10/30/2010 6:13:01 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Electric.Sight wrote:
A lot of good wisdom here.

I feel that the real key is mastering control over our emotions and learning how to manipulate them to our benefits.
Letting any one emotion completely consume someone would likely have the same effect.

Good post.

It is my impression that controlling emotions is the key to creating your own reality. They are there for a reason and are an indicator of our state of mind and being. They show us how in tune we are with out higher selves and purpose. If you feel negative emotion, it is telling you that you are not in tune with who you are. If you are feeling positive emotion, then you are in tune with who you are. All emotions along the spectrum serve the purpose of guidance. All are essential and useful tools for letting us know when we are in either disharmony or harmony with who we truly are.

All emotions fall into a specturm between love and fear. If you are feeling hate, move it to anger, anger to frustration, frustration to disbelief, disbelief to possibility, possibility to hope, hope to belief, belief to love...or something along those lines.

You create your own reality by the ability to change how you feel...consciously refocusing your emotions into more positive states of mind gives you enormous power over your life.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Electric.Sight
#31 Posted : 10/30/2010 6:18:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was contradicting myself in this thread, I don't agree with what I said earlier.
I agree we need to consciously move in a positive direction.
aloneits wrote:
I hope you have an enjoyable weekend my man <3

And the same to you!

Edit: Missed your post Saidin!
I agree with you, emotions and instincts go hand in hand, if one could gain conscious control over them that person would receive great introspection to the inner workings of the mind
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

DMTripper
#32 Posted : 10/30/2010 10:18:52 PM

John Murdoch IV

Electric.Sight wrote:
DMTripper wrote:
Sometimes when you disagree it's good just to walk the other way. It's not necessary to always post your opinion. I read a lot of posts here where I disagree and I don't reply to them because people are allowed to have their opinion. I don't need everyone to agree to me and see things my way. I don't care.

If people are allowed to have their opinion, then why can't I post mine? You seem to disagree with my posting and have posted an opinion saying such. I find this logic contradicting.
I don't care if you agree or disagree, I don't even care if I'm right (I doubt I am!) All I have to offer is my perspective, take it or leave it, makes no difference.

In fact I agree with a lot of what has been said. I felt it should be added that Love can be equally blinding, as love and hate are really two sides of the same spectrum. To deny one is to deny that which makes us human.

You seriously missed my point. I was just pointing out that sometimes it's just better to walk your way than to get into some stupid fight that will never get you anywhere.
Where did I say you couldn't have your opinion? I said I don't need others to always agree with me and have my opinion.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

olympus mon
#33 Posted : 10/30/2010 10:25:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

how in the world did a thread about being more loving, patient, and compassionate end up like this?

its very ironic that the thread turned ugly once HATE became the current talking point.

Electric.Sight
#34 Posted : 10/31/2010 1:09:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[My misunderstanding- Apologies]

Infinite I
#35 Posted : 10/31/2010 1:33:35 AM

JC

olympus mon wrote:
how in the world did a thread about being more loving, patient, and compassionate end up like this?

its very ironic that the thread turned ugly once HATE became the current talking point.

Very strange how that happens, I swear I read this thread twice last night before all the recent postings, weird. I was so inspired by vovins words again laast night, it really is a check for everyone to remeber to be humble calm and fill yourself with compassion. Dmt, aya, psychedelics teach those things to me all the time, I mean you wouldnt be filled with that anger /animosity after youve just came back would you?

The very first forum I was a member of was something called love for gifting, it was a very quite forum about gifting people with orgonite, its a neutralizer for electro-smog like phone masts, microwaves etc. Wether you beleive it works or not is besides the point but the atmosphere there was something id never seen before, quite new-agey, a bit lovey dovey but very calm and supportive. The owner of the site always emphasised that you had time to make your post and to be respectful and basically love your fellow man and not let the ego or emotions control you, it stood me in good stead as it was the only forum I was a member of for two years, then I found the nexus and I found a similiar vibe, plus who else could understand? support group central!

I agree with dmt-tripper it is better to walk away and leave things, easier said than done but quite easy on a site like this. I also agree with saidin when he says emotinons control your personal reality, just let them go and live a life of love and joy and let go of anger, hate and fear is hard to shake sometimes but acceptance love and kindness is better for you, we all know it is, we must we all share a similiar interest that teaches these things.

I remember vovin joined here and posted something about smoking dmt in a sweat lodge and I thought what an idiot hes full of shit, it wouldnt be comfortable its too hot you mad man! A few days after I made my feelings known and seen my post I thought im the one that looks like the idiot really, heres this guy I dont know and he may have a point then it turns out he created one of the first ever extraction teks and last night I couldnt sleep after reading this amazing thread, im not brownnosing I dont agree with some things the guys said or most people for that matter but the point of the thread is so true! I salute you vovin, you madman! Smile

Electric.Sight
#36 Posted : 10/31/2010 1:37:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Edit: Unnecessary post.

olympus mon
#37 Posted : 10/31/2010 1:38:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the Dalia llama was once being interviewed by some British journalist about his exile from Tibet and the perilous journey fleeing the Chinese army hot on the small entourage's tale. each day the group just barley stayed one step ahead of the advancing army knowing full well that they would be immediately executed if captured.

the journalist kept exclaiming "sir you must have been terrified, you were in such danger at all times". he only nodded and then would tell some more story only later to have a different journalist exclaim "sir, you must have been so scared you were in such danger!" again the Dalia llama nodded his head yes and gently continued.

when this happened for a third time the llama stopped everyone so he could speak. he simply said "yes, yes my friends we were all in grave danger. we were in danger of hating the Chinese"

Electric.Sight wrote:

In order to defend against Hate, we must know Hate. In order to know Hate, we must experience Hate.

perhaps not my friend. perhaps its the exact opposite.

p.s. im not upset my brother, not at all. you have excellent points some i agree with some i dont. please dont feel attacked. keep in mind your views are a proponent of hate on a rather loving site so you need to expect a good amount of resistance to your ideas valid as they are.
i really like your statement that perhaps someone would be willing to undergo torture for the greater good like jesus. super powerful thought.

olympus mon
#38 Posted : 10/31/2010 1:44:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Electricsight- why are do you keep assuming myself and others aren't understanding what your trying to say? theres a pretty intelligent bunch here and its not a hard concept to understand. i just dont agree and yes there is most certainly hostility in these posts regardless of whats in your eyes while you type so lets not pretend there isnt defensive posturing.

your saying hate is part of the human experience and its foolish to deny its existence. hate is needed for there to be the other end of the spectrum love. the whole "there would be no sound without silence" analogy. yup we got that.

using hate as a tool to learn from just goes way beyond the scope of a positive useful method. you can learn much from doing horrific torturous things to a human being in a science lab. the research could potentially save lives possibly, but would you call this a positive method of learning? how do you define the very emotion that causes of all todays horrors as a positive tool for learning?
Electric.Sight wrote:
Please enlighten me on how simply mentioning hate turns this thread ugly? There was no negativity in my eyes, just subjective speculation on an abstract emotion.

and please dont say things like "would you enlighten me..." im not attacking you and dont deserve those condescending words. i just dont agree and now ive explained why. yes, stuff like that is ugly and your proving that point perfectly.

ohayoco
#39 Posted : 10/31/2010 1:49:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I is a saint Smile
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Electric.Sight
#40 Posted : 10/31/2010 1:53:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Smile

PREV1234NEXT»