We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
I thought you were enlightened Options

vovin
#1 Posted : 5/15/2010 11:01:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

As of recently there has been a great deal of negative energy about this board. One who seeks a higher state of understanding must endeavour to keep hate and anger out of their mind. We all know that when we become angry we close off our minds. We call this stubborness. Nor is it worthwhile to instill anger or hatred in others. Neither of these methods serve any beneficial means. I would ask people here to walk the walk and show a little understanding and compassion. Be more gentle in your statements and ask yourself why the other person is putting forth their point of view. It is completely alright to disagree with another but doing so in a harsh or rude manner yields no benefit where a more subtle approach will be far more well received.

You do not see the dali lama trading insults with other spiritual leaders do you. The fact of the matter is when one argues and becomes harsh in his words he is doing so as more of a projection of their ego than to get their point across. If you truly are on the path twoards growth my friends it is important to embody that which you seek. By doing so you will shift your mentality twoards that goal. If you live a life of hate and violence then your thought processes will follow that route. If you live with peace and understanding you will find that you will begin to embody that mentality.

Learning the art of communication is essential in conveying understanding and wisdom to others this is doubly so when we are discussing things that transend what can be conveyed in spoken words.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/15/2010 11:34:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Completely agree, vovin Very happy

I think that we all have to question ourselves before posting whether we are speaking in benefit of others, if the post we are making is gonna help the community in any way, or if we're just venting our emotions

on a side note: I find interesting how, even though there have been some negative answers and posts lately, there have also been a number of threads for example Fractal Enchantment's beautiful latest thread, or one that I think Gir started too, and so on, which put in question such negativity. Its very nice to see self-reflection, how members such as yourself dont take things for granted but put it out in the open and generate discussion and self-questioning.

Thanks for this, vovin! I hope people will really take in account what you said!

kyrolima
#3 Posted : 5/15/2010 12:07:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes i just knew, that a specific opinion is so full of predjudices and ignorance that i had to face it in a manner which is bound to evoke negative feelings.

I think after all it's a state of mind and evolvment wheater or not somebody discusses in such patterns.

The funny thing is: If everybody here talks a specific person down for an opinion THEN it is even socially acceptable to talk down this person here on the Nexus. Even if this specific person might have her reasons to have this opinion (but i don't think that is the point here Smile)
elusive illusion

The Traveler
#4 Posted : 5/15/2010 12:18:32 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Wonderful post Vovin!

Reviewing yourself is one of the greatest pillars of life, not doing this regularly might corrupt your view of life itself.

Also with a forum you have one important ally at your side: TIME! If you get angry or feel negative energy flowing through your body after reading a post, there is no need to respond immediately. Give time a few moments to chew away that negative energy. A nice walk in the sunshine might brings wonders to your realization, you might even come to the conclusion that reacting positively will help greatly to make sure people are willing to understand your message.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

teotenakeltje
#5 Posted : 5/15/2010 12:31:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Always nice to read your words Vovin.

I just love reading my way through this wonderfull forum. I haven't found a place where the generel atmosphere is so loving and full of understanding. Life isn't always loving and understanding, i know...but at least we should tolerate other peoples opinion, and not try to defend our own point of view too desperately, since these are just ego games.
Peace

vovin
#6 Posted : 5/15/2010 2:51:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

A couple words can change the energy of a entire post. Instead of saying no your wrong I try to say something to the order of 'I respectfully disagree' or 'In my view' or even just stating your view without placing a critique of the posted you are replying to. It is when you make a hard directed reply telling someone this is BS or youre wrong etc.. this is just not a constructive method.

There is a big difference between a debate and a argument. If you are becoming more emotionally involved than intellectually then you have crossed that threshold. Remember that one persons reality is not the same as yours. This is a international forum people from all over the world come here. It is further complicated by the fact that not everyone is on the same spiritual level as others. Talking down to someone because they are not as knowledgeable deters them from asking questions as even on a forum they don't want to feel stupid. Even though you may have a more evolved point of view your goal should be to help them at their early stages even if it means they have to perceive that subject in a watered down or slightly incorrect manner. It may serve them better for now. When they move to the next stage they can then make adjustments. Your math teacher did not teach you algebra before addition and subtraction.

This is human nature. When I was in my first college math class the teacher had a PHD in mathematics. She tried hard to teach the class but she could not bring her mentality down to the level of students who were just learning the concepts of algebra. She simply could not convey the information in a way that did not go over their heads. as a result most of the class felt stupid. No one would ask questions and you could feel the uncomfortable energy in the class all but 5 of us dropped the class. It is difficult for someone who has mastered something to teach a entry level person without seeming condescending. Plus there is the egotistical flaw where the teacher may intentionally speak beyond the students to show their dominance and superiority. In truth educated people intimidate people who are just learning.

kyrolima
#7 Posted : 5/15/2010 6:05:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The problem in "teaching" is, that some words are faded out by the individual. Whole issues are viewed and understood from a perspective from which it is impossible to understand the true meaning.
I guess, that is the problem with communication in any form.
elusive illusion

#8 Posted : 5/15/2010 6:21:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for this Vovin - a timely and gentle reminder to all of us, and one that I will try to remember before I post something in anger.
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

shoe
#9 Posted : 5/17/2010 7:57:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry vovin, but if you were enlightened you wouldn't be using words like "our" and "your" since you would realise that there IS ONLY ONE.
shoe

реР рднреВрд░реНрднреБрд╡: рд╕реНрд╡: рддрддреНрд╕рд╡рд┐рддреБрд░реНрд╡рд░реЗрдгреНрдпрдВ ред рднрд░реНрдЧреЛ рджреЗрд╡рд╕реНрдп рдзреАрдорд╣рд┐, рдзреАрдпреЛ рдпреЛ рди: рдкреНрд░рдЪреЛрджрдпрд╛рддреН
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Blundering_Novice
#10 Posted : 5/17/2010 8:52:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

One of the simplest ways to do this would be to adopt E-Prime.

Try not to use the word 'is/are' or any form of it in your posts. Amazing how less antagonistic a statement can be when you eliminate 'is-ness.'

1) You are wrong

vs

2) Based upon my current understanding, what you describe does not appear accurate to me.

shoe
#11 Posted : 5/18/2010 1:00:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

no, Im talking from *our* experience of that place and that level. not my current understanding as such, since everything is now.

And actually, in that place, there aren't any forums or people bickering about meaningless symbolic representations of truth,
theres just truth. nothing is seperate from anything else, its all completely interconnected and as such, it is pure white light.
shoe

реР рднреВрд░реНрднреБрд╡: рд╕реНрд╡: рддрддреНрд╕рд╡рд┐рддреБрд░реНрд╡рд░реЗрдгреНрдпрдВ ред рднрд░реНрдЧреЛ рджреЗрд╡рд╕реНрдп рдзреАрдорд╣рд┐, рдзреАрдпреЛ рдпреЛ рди: рдкреНрд░рдЪреЛрджрдпрд╛рддреН
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

L_Star
#12 Posted : 5/18/2010 1:14:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So in black and white...allow the beefing on the site...agree to disagree...dont try better yourself then another user for egos sake...however do stand up for youself...

<3 2u
R*R

L
Much respect to all from L_Star

Disclaimer: EVERYTHING posted by L_Star is said from the following persons: SWIM. All are hypothetical posts and are not endorsements of any activities, beliefs, and practices stated, that may be correlated with the person stated, or another person posting, or third party user, in anyway on dmt-nexus.com. All that is said is for educational purposes and as said is "hypothetical" and therefore cannot be taken for true accounts. SWIM and L_Star abide by the Law in all practices. SWIM would like reader to note that SWIM is blind, and L_Star is a typing assistant voluntering for SWIM. L_Star is bound by legal legislation for customer privacy by Data Protection Act, therefore SWIM will not be identified.

Regards L_Star

vovin
#13 Posted : 5/18/2010 2:04:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Blundering_Novice wrote:
One of the simplest ways to do this would be to adopt E-Prime.

Try not to use the word 'is/are' or any form of it in your posts. Amazing how less antagonistic a statement can be when you eliminate 'is-ness.'
1) You are wrong
vs
2) Based upon my current understanding, what you describe does not appear accurate to me.

You make a very good point here. As I see it if you use such words as described you are stating that there is a sharp line between what is right and what is wrong. This is rarely the case. Usually there are many ways to go about a task in life. One is not always better than another, it depends upon the person to choose the best way for themselves. Your is's and are's may not be the same as theirs.

And yes I know I used 'is' and 'are' about a dozen times in the reply.Razz

Saidin
#14 Posted : 5/24/2010 1:13:03 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

I ran across something someone else wrote that addresses this nicely:

Quote:
This phenomenon of awakening has the wonderful effect of allowing us to clearly percieve the Oneness of Life and the Divine Truth that all Life is interconnected, interreleated, and interdependent. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are all One and that there is no "us and them."

When this reality resonates in the deepest recesses of our hearts, the validity of war becomes inpossible to accept, and the concepts of poverty, greed, corruption, violence, abuse of power, oppression, hatred, selfishness, prejudice, pollution, disease, ignorance, and every other reflection of our belief in spearation becomes intolerable. Often, from our newly awakened state of consciousness, our reflex response is to take a stand against these negative situations and behavior patterns. Unfortunately, this causes us to polarize ourselves against the people involved. Any time we polarize ourselves against a person or group of people, we motivate them to fight back. This merely widens the abyss between us and causes further separation. We share all our newly acquired insights and try to convince them that their ways of thinking and feeling are flawed. They, in turn, argue from thier perspective that our way of thinking is delusional and that we are being duped by unrealistic idealism. Of course, these arguments are futile and only exacerbate our polarization.

It is time for all of us to really grasp the fact that PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY DO NOT KNOW. When a person awakens, his or her consciousness is raised up, and their perception of reality is transformed. An awakened person literally thinks, feels, sees, and hears with greater awareness. This shift in consciousness allows the person to percieve a greater Truth and to comprehend the Oneness of Life at a deeper level. This awakening results in an indisputable inner knowing within the person's heart and mind. When an unawakened person tries to deny, dispute, or discredit the inner knowing of an awakened person, it is futile. That effor is like a deaf and blind person trying to convince a sighted-hearing person that there is no such thing as color or music. The difference in that situation is that the sighted-hearing person would understand perfectly why the deaf and blind person was having trouble grasping the concept of color and music. The sighted-hearing person would have compassion for the deaf and blind person, responding to him or her with patience, love, and understanding.

Unfortunately, we cannot easily tell if someone is awakened or not. We often make the mistake of assuming that people should know more than they do, or that they shoudl understand more than they are capable of understanding. When we expect more from people than they are capable of, we are generally disappointed and frustrated with their actions, and their perceptions of things, which only polarizes us further.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Rgeular Dudess
#15 Posted : 5/27/2010 11:47:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Saidin wrote:

Quote:

Where is the quote above from?

Great post vovin.

obliguhl
#16 Posted : 5/27/2010 11:52:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Learning the art of communication is essential in conveying understanding and wisdom...

And this means, you have to put your hurt ego aside, when it comes to discussing difficult things. Some people can't do that. It can be hard because your ego feels like losing...but in reality, it doesn't matter: Life is no race, it's an experience.

Saidin
#17 Posted : 5/28/2010 4:59:50 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Rgeular Dudess wrote:
Saidin wrote:

Quote:

Where is the quote above from?

Great post vovin.

It was on the back of a pamphlet I picked up at a Love Awakening Festival last weekend. It is an execerpt from a longer article by Patricia Diane Cota-Robles called Heal The Polarization. You can find the whole thing if you google her name.
And it is this...

So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Saidin
#18 Posted : 5/28/2010 5:02:02 PM

Sun Dragon

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
Learning the art of communication is essential in conveying understanding and wisdom...

And this means, you have to put your hurt ego aside, when it comes to discussing difficult things. Some people can't do that. It can be hard because your ego feels like losing...but in reality, it doesn't matter: Life is no race, it's an experience.

Nice, I like it. Well said. So hard to get beyond that Ego boundry sometimes...it takes patience and perseverance, but the rewards are great. All life is an experience, and there are teach/learning moments in every interaction.
And it is this...

So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Steely
#19 Posted : 10/30/2010 4:22:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A devote Christian converted, and became an enlightened Buddhist. When his dearest friends asked him if he sees he was wrong before, he simply states, "It doesn't matter, I am happy either way."

There is no grasping the vast diversity in the history of each person even on this small forum; think of the 6.6 billion people on this planet. We are all here together as a community for a reason, and that is what everyone else in the world is doing.

Everyone is as happy as they want themselves to be.

Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

vovin
#20 Posted : 10/30/2010 5:21:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Steely wrote:
A devote Christian converted, and became an enlightened Buddhist. When his dearest friends asked him if he sees he was wrong before, he simply states, "It doesn't matter, I am happy either way."

There is no grasping the vast diversity in the history of each person even on this small forum; think of the 6.6 billion people on this planet. We are all here together as a community for a reason, and that is what everyone else in the world is doing.

Everyone is as happy as they want themselves to be.

That was just mindblowing

BTW shoe who am I to guide I am lost myself. I fear you read into things that arent there.

123NEXT»