We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Meditation+Mushrooms? Options

PsilocybeChild
#21 Posted : 6/21/2010 10:08:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember when I started getting into all this I thought 3 grams would be a good dose to start with. I guess there was a lot of 3 gram trip reports on Erowid? Cause I used to read tons of trip reports on there. Very happy
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jammr
#22 Posted : 6/21/2010 1:11:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha wrote:
He says,

Very helpful, thanks! I always hear that an eighth is supposed to be a normal dose, and perhaps I confused "normal" with "medium." DMT is still more intense than anything I encountered with mushrooms, but something that lasts for 4-5 hours is a different kind of intense. I hadn't planned to work with mushrooms again because of that experience, but your advice to start with a gram and build a relationship seems like a good plan. If I encounter mushrooms again, I think I'll meet them with a bit more respect next time, and get to know them more patiently.

Keep in mind that lemon-tekking shrooms renders them roughly 2-3x more potent. That's way too much for a first time experience, imnsvho.
Infundibulum wrote:

Item: A goat (eats everything, gives milk, it is fuckable, can be converted to meat)

PsilocybeChild
#23 Posted : 6/21/2010 2:50:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More like 1.4x stronger.

one molecule of psilocybin breaks down into one molecule of psilocin. But in terms of weight:

molecular weight of psilocybin = 284.3
molecular weight of psilocin = 204.3

So by weight psilocin is 1.391 times more potent.

Plus psilocin is preferable to psilocybin.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Jammr
#24 Posted : 6/21/2010 4:34:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PsilocybeChild wrote:
More like 1.4x stronger.

one molecule of psilocybin breaks down into one molecule of psilocin. But in terms of weight:

molecular weight of psilocybin = 284.3
molecular weight of psilocin = 204.3

So by weight psilocin is 1.391 times more potent.

Plus psilocin is preferable to psilocybin.

But it's also speculated that citric acid increases psilocin's bioavailability. To me a lemon-tek experience feels stronger than 1.4x.
Infundibulum wrote:

Item: A goat (eats everything, gives milk, it is fuckable, can be converted to meat)

Virola78
#25 Posted : 6/22/2010 9:46:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive tried the lemon tek only a few times now. Before that i would always take a tea without the lemon.

For me the lemon doesnt seem to potentiate the effects. But the experience is much more clear and comes up faster. Others have said the acids in the lemon will convert the psilocybin to psilocin. Also i have read that psilocybin has a bodyload, and psilocin has less of a bodyload. And this seems to fit the picture for as far as i can tell. When i use the lemon there is considerably less bodyload. Also the trip is considerably less 'rough' or 'bumpy'.

Should do a comparison lemon vs no-lemon with a batch of mushrooms/truffles. As we know there is much difference between batches of mushrooms, between individual mushrooms, and between sorts of mushrooms. And there is even very significant difference between different sets and settings (familiar setting vs unfamiliar setting makes allot of difference for sure).

To be able to compare one should at least use same dosis from same homogenized batch in same setting. Meditation can be used so the mindset is about the same.

Usually i will start meditating (and other preparations) about a week before a trip. I will concentrate on not being disturbed by the train of thoughts. I am usually aiming to get beyond personal stuff from consensus reality.

Also it helps me allot to smoke cannabis some time before the peak. To me cannabis is already meditative and psychedelic.
It functions like a springboard.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Mindlusion
#26 Posted : 8/2/2010 11:43:07 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

This astral plane you were talking about, I think I know what your talking about, I have been there many times. I call it Shroomspace. The most efficient method for me to access this realm is this: Mushroom tea + dark, quiet space + meditation = Shroomspace

If your interested, read this topic about it
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=14118
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

PREV12