We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Terminal illness/end stage cancer and DMT use Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 5/14/2010 10:46:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

My sister was diagnosed a year ago with stage three inflamatory breast cancer, a extremely agressive form of breast cancer. She has spent the last year going through agressive chemo and radiation therapy as well, she had a masectomy.

A month ago she was told, after what was believed to be a thorough exam, that she was clean of the illness as far as they could tell.

She was admitted to the hospital yesterday evening with severe headaches and some mild vertigo. After 12 hours of diagnostics and evaluation she was told that she had five lesions on her brain and that her situation is now terminal. They are reccomending more radiation to help with quality of life but, she will only live a year at the very most.

Allot of things to think about now for my sister. After all she's been through she is not sure she can fight any more. She spoke to me today about getting some shrooms because she would like to search and reflect. She has done them a few times before. She also asked me about DMT, she has never used spice before.

I am concerned because she has these lesions in her brain and I am afraid of how it may effect her. She is also taking quite a variety of different meds and I'm afraid she could voyage and never return.

She will be released from the hospital in a couple of days and then she begins the end stage and hospice.

What should I tell her. I want to help her, not harm her.

I dont know what to do. I love her dearly.

thanks,

ihs
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

fourthripley
#2 Posted : 5/14/2010 10:53:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thats horrible. Nothing useful to say other than my warm wishes for your sister, you and your family.
mistakes were made

ambi-lysergance
#3 Posted : 5/14/2010 11:22:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

man, Im so sorry. My heart really goes out to you my friend Crying or very sad I am going through a similar situation myself except my brother still has a chance.

I have no scientific medical knowledge to advise but am thinking of you and your family and am here to support.

I hope that somthing miraculous can happen to change things but if not I hope your sister finds peace and solice in her transgression to the next phase, whatever that may be. cherish your time together, you will never forget her and she certainly will never forget you.

I understand your reservations on dmt considering the proximity and location of the brain leisons. I hope someone couls shed light on this for you but it really is a tough one.

much love and compassion tou you ice house Wink

ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions

#4 Posted : 5/14/2010 11:58:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is a very difficult decision for you - given the situation, given how much you love her, and don't want to hurt her, and the awful pain you must be feeling right now. I'm really not in any kind of position to offer you advice, my friend, but I hope you can find the strength and the peace you both need. As much as we can be, we are with you.

Much love and respect
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 5/15/2010 2:56:29 AM

John Murdoch IV

You should do what she asks of you. Tell her what you know and let her decide for her self if she wants to take her chances.
May God be with you :,(
โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“โ€“

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

spiceworm
#6 Posted : 5/15/2010 4:28:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So sorry to read this news. im with the opinion that its her choice - her choices need to be honored now more than ever. No time to waste with not listening, disrepect, or silliness that has no meaning. Her life, her risk, her choice.

McKenna said something about coughing and retching leading to seizures . . . she should probably know before making a choice.

Prayers with you bro.

-spiceworm
i sincerely hope it's all NOT a dream. spiceworm may be in LOVE.

jamie
#7 Posted : 5/15/2010 4:33:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^ Mckenna had a brain tumor and he wasnt drinking ayahausca in the later stage of his illness due to the "gag reflex" as he called it..but I remember him mentioning somewhere that he was taking mushroons.
Long live the unwoke.

Ice House
#8 Posted : 5/15/2010 4:47:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all of the replies its comforting.

My sister and I will be talking in the next day or two in person and I know this is going to be a topic of discussion. She has told me in the past that she envied me for my direction and spiritual exploration in life, but that she was too afraid or anxious to go any further than reaserch. I think she now realizes she has nothing to lose. My biggest concern is the interaction with the meds she is taking. I was thinking that if she really wanted to do it, a low oral dose of full spectrum dmt fumerate may be a good choice. I dont know. Taking an MAOI may be a bad idea. vaporizing may be best.

maybe I should help her find some shrooms and try and keep her where she's already been.

Thanks again for all the kind words.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

corpus callosum
#9 Posted : 5/15/2010 8:14:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

IHS.

Im very sorry to hear of your sisters woes.

Breast cancer is notorious for often recurring after the initial tumour is felt to have been dealt with.

Its not uncommon for even a 'thorough exam' to not pick up signs of very early recurrence as it only takes a cell or 2 to have metastasized and to lodge somewhere waiting to grow once more-our fancy imaging techniques are not up to the job of detecting something so small.

You are right to have concerns regarding possible interactions with her prescribed meds but there are other factors to consider:

If she has recurrent disease affecting the brain, it is also possible that she may have recurrent disease in the lungs, bones, liver and bone marrow.She is going to need an isotope bone scan and full body MR/CT to detect disease in the liver/lungs or indeed elsewhere.

The issue of recurrent disease in the bones and liver is particularly important as this can have a bearing on whether or not taking DMT is advisable.Liver involvement can alter the metabolism of certain meds which can have knock-on effects on the action of other substances both endogenous and exogenous.

Deposits in the bones can cause a high blood calcium which can affect mental functioning amongst other effects.

The presence of disease in your sisters brain can cause the pituitary gland to release vasopressin inappropriately causing the blood sodium levels to fall to a level through dilution which can also alter mentation and increase the risk of fits.

There really are many factors consider, and each of these can affect others.

May I ask-what meds is she on?

Sincerely, I wish you and your family well in what is going to undoubtedly be a most difficult time.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Ice House
#10 Posted : 5/15/2010 12:41:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:

May I ask-what meds is she on?

Give me a day or two and I'll find out whats on the list.

kyrolima
#11 Posted : 5/15/2010 2:51:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try everything to save her, once the doctors can not help her anymore.

This is no medical advice, just an unrelated hint:
Miracle Minderal Supplement / MMS (Jim Humble)

Costs are very low 20 $ or so, lasts almost forever.

Otherwise try natural Selene, apricot cruxes, get to read some alternative cancer treating books.
There are hundrets of methods out there, which cost nearly nothing!
Special foods, which support certain natural medical substances.

Hope you can find some suitable medicine.

Concerning DMT and Psychedelics, i would recommend to let her choose. If she knows what she wants and needs that could be the cure itself.
elusive illusion