We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Warning: Dose Smaller: Larger Dosage not Necessarily More Powerful Options

Apoc
#1 Posted : 5/14/2010 7:09:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HELLO! Just something to think about for those considering taking huge oral, or injected doses of dmt. I talk about oral dmt safety because the trip can last a LONG time, put you in hell for quite a while, thus increasing safety hazards, and making the experience potentially that much more traumatic.

A while ago I took a large dose of it orally. Here's the report, https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=12143 It was the most terrifying experience of my life up to that point. Well, I decided to go back to dmt land yesterday, except at a dose one quarter what I orignally took. I thought this would just give a taste of dmt without the unimaginable terror. I was wrong. The experience somehow became even more powerful, even more terrifying, a lot more terrifying, if that's believable, as even in the first trip I was pretty much reduced to a crying baby. The trip I took yesterday is just too insane to write about, at least for now. This one seems to be meant for me and me alone. What a fuckin nightmare! Holy shit. But I will sum up the message I received. APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE!!........ YOU STUPID STUPID DUMMY!!! So now that it's over I'm fine, I'm not traumatized, and I will be appreciating stuff more. I already was appreciating life much more after my first trip..... but this time the message seemed to be to appreciate it in an even more quite, and humble way.

Less dmt can be more. I just wanted a good euphoria yesterday, I didn't want to go back to that life and death struggle of the big dose, and that's what I got and even crazier epic adventure. I just wasn't prepared for that kind of insane journey. Anyway, others have mentioned that there is a point at which your body will not be able to handle any more dmt, and so taking a larger dose will just be a waste of dmt, and probably not good for your body. I seem to have confirmed this, as a much smaller dose was even more powerful than a huge one. So might as well just keep it low. From now on, if I ever touch the stuff again, it will be in the 40-50mg range.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/14/2010 7:17:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lol man I gotta laugh at how so recently you were talking about wanting to take a monumental dose and now you're like "if I ever touch this, it will be 40-50mg range"

Very happy

Cant say we didnt tell you hehe

What I say is not to make fun of you, the feeling I have is more like, lets laugh together Smile I want to express that im happy you have gained respect for this substance and have gotten such an important lesson as appreciating everything !

Apoc
#3 Posted : 5/14/2010 7:19:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yyyyep.

q21q21
#4 Posted : 5/14/2010 7:25:57 PM

SWIM

Sorry for the trauma, SWIM has been very close to that type of experience once, though maybe a little less.

It seems like as suggest by others there is a saturation point when the body cannot bind to any more DMT.
Seems like that saturation point is relatively low for you.

Though SWIM has experienced many trips below the saturation point and it would seem up until then the intensity rises in a steep but logical curve.

Hope you feel better.
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs

endlessness
#5 Posted : 5/14/2010 7:27:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can be sure this has happened with a lot of us one way or another (me included): Being hyperspace-slapped, humbled at the incredible power of these substances and at the long way ahead of us in the path of becoming better people Smile

polytrip
#6 Posted : 5/14/2010 7:52:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
So you actually did it?

Well, now you know why i started the 'pissing contest' thread.
It's like what we all warned you for, isn't it?

People often think DMT is just about seeing things and they think somewhat along these lines:"hmm, if i'll see something scary i'll just tell myself that it isn't real".

Only people who don't have a clue what a DMT experience is actually like think that way, and i can't blame them. But the whole point is ofcourse that the experience isn't just 'seeing things'. It's that part "i'll tell myself that it isn't real" that shows their ignorance in this matter. DMT affects directly the sense 'myself' and the sense of 'real'. That's what can make the experience so intense.
The whole gravity-point of real can just vanish and you don't know what 'real' means anymore.

I warned you, and i'll bet that this is exactly the way it went, that if you take a too large oral dose it kicks in and it get's heavier and heavier and heavier and then suddenly you feel like "ooopsShocked" and you want to get out of the rollercoaster, only to realize that the train you're on is not even halfway to where the ride realy begins. And from there on it's still getting heavier and heavier and heavier, faster and faster and faster and you realize that this is the scariest thing you ever experienced and it's gonna get even worse!!!! At that moment you don't have a clue to how much worse it's gonna get.

Only when you start to realize that you might actually gonna survive it you can start opening up again, to what the experience is realy like and what it has to offer.

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 5/14/2010 8:13:00 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Some individuals can understand why they shouldn't do something from first hand accounts of other people...some individuals need to experience it first hand themselves to get that same comprehension.

As I've said before, I'm glad you are ok, I'm glad that you are working through this. DMT is very powerful, especially in the way that using it can show you things from past experiences, things you had forgotten about or blacked out during or just missed. I have serious doubts that you have already integrated your foolishly large dose experience and therefore am unsurprised by your post here. What did you expect?

I just think it's funny, in a very twisted manner, that you would have a thread where you try to determine how large a dose you could take and then you made this thread shortly after. I'm not gonna not say I didn't tell you, because that would just be me saying I told you so in a coy manner and I'm not coy, so:

I TOLD YOU SO
so did many others

Good luck in your future endeavors and remember, there's no shame in looking before you leap...no one is going to give you flack for dosing "too low" and no one thinks you're cool for taking a "monumental dose".

SB
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

gibran2
#8 Posted : 5/14/2010 8:15:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I appreciate your post. You could have just kept quiet, but you had the courage to share this challenge with us.

Words of wisdom of the highest order:
fnog9 wrote:
APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE!!........ YOU STUPID STUPID DUMMY!!!

Those who try to go too far too fast often end up saying something like this:
fnog9 wrote:
From now on, if I ever touch the stuff again, it will be in the 40-50mg range.

You learned a valuable lesson. You learned it the hard way, but it seems that you learned.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

jbark
#9 Posted : 5/14/2010 8:42:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Two things, cher fnog9:

1/4 monumental dose = massive dose. 1/4 massive dose = large dose.

2nd is something i've experienced: I had 3 great, inspiring and profound sub-breakthrough trips, then 1 accidental very large dose (you can read about it here); now curiously, every time I take a small dose (vaped 15-20mg spice or 50mg changa), i feel like I am just on the verge of being jettisoned into the same horrific territory as that 4th launch.

I am honestly wondering if something happened at the neuro-chemical level after #4 to predispose me to quick trips to hell. Or maybe just psychologically (if there is any difference between the two). Its like the floodgates to Hades have been opened and DMT has become the key. And it takes much less.

I have faith that I can close these "floodgates", or I wouldn't keep going back.

But once fear has struck the heart I fear the fear becomes a dart,
And unstriking the organ to banish a part is now, alas, the elusive art.

anyone else experience this?

sounds like despite massive differences in dose sizes, you and me are on the same page of this unfolding novel, fnog9.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

#10 Posted : 5/14/2010 8:54:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fnog9 - welcome to the nexus.
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

Trickster
#11 Posted : 5/14/2010 10:53:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Glad you OK, fnog9!

It's a big problem with oral spice. There are so many variables, that you never know how strong your next experience is going to be - even with the same dose.

Swim has been raising her very gradually (35, 50, 75, 100, 150). She felt almost nothing each of these times. And then 210 mg hit her like a ton of bricks right when she decided that it has been another disappointment and was ready to go out and have a drink.

She is still recovering from that trauma (happened 3 month ago) and cannot even think of pharma.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Ice House
#12 Posted : 5/14/2010 11:58:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

fnog9 wrote:
So might as well just keep it low. From now on, if I ever touch the stuff again, it will be in the 40-50mg range.

fnog9, come on, 40-50mg range? LOL

I understand that you are going to do whatever strikes your fancy, regardless of the advice given to you by others. I do however feel it my duty to give you some advice on dosing just like I did before you did your monster.. . . . . 450mg dose?

40-50mg freebase, if administered orally, probably is not going to effect you much if at all.
40-50mg freebase, if vaporized properly is going to knock your dick in the dirt once again.
40-50mg of DMT fumerate taken orally is probably going to give you, or, could quite possibly be more than you bargained for also.

If orally ingesting DMT my advice for you specifically would be to take the spice in the fumerate form and start at about 20mg and work your way up in 5-10 mg incriments. The reason I say take the fumerate form is because its, IMO, much more consistent with dosing and it generally comes on good for a couple of hours and its gone. Freebase takes longer in the stomach to convert and there are more factors that influence the effects. Coordinating the MAOI can be more difficult with oral freebase.

If vaporizing I would suggest a few 15,20,25, and 30mg romps first. Get to know yourself. Then jump into the 35mgs + range.

I suspect you may be a little hyper sensitive now. Keep that in mind.

I understand all people are different, after a couple hundred voyages, I wont consider anything over 35mg vaped its just too much, I also wont do any more than 40mgs DMT fumerate orally. I will not orally ingest freebase at all. I dont feel I'm a lightweight at 6'2" 230lbs with a good tolerance level for all things considered.

Just some advice, Take it easy, Tread lightly, Learn, and Crawl,Walk,Run. When in Rome do as the Romans.

Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Apoc
#13 Posted : 5/15/2010 6:07:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
So you actually did it?

Well, now you know why i started the 'pissing contest' thread.
It's like what we all warned you for, isn't it?

I warned you, and i'll bet that this is exactly the way it went, that if you take a too large oral dose it kicks in and it get's heavier and heavier and heavier and then suddenly you feel like "ooopsShocked" and you want to get out of the rollercoaster, only to realize that the train you're on is not even halfway to where the ride realy begins. And from there on it's still getting heavier and heavier and heavier, faster and faster and faster and you realize that this is the scariest thing you ever experienced and it's gonna get even worse!!!! At that moment you don't have a clue to how much worse it's gonna get.

Yeah, but that's not what my point was. I have nothing against being scared or maxing out a trip. That's what I wanted in the first place, and that's what I got. My point was, that if you ARE looking for a huge trip, you won't necessarily have to take a huge dose. A smaller dose.... like 100mg might crush you just as hard as 400mg. That's what happened to me.

So yeah, I am humbled for being so frightened..... and that's what I wanted, so I don't know what's with all the people saying I told you so. I just wanted to be scared the first time though. Not yesterday. Yesterday I just wanted to grove but found myself in a life and death struggle even more severe than the first. But, I got through it, and once again was given exactly what I needed. Maybe I am ready to write about the yesterday's experience. I still came out better on the other side. I'm just sayin, dosing can be unpredictable. Take conservative doses unless you're sure you want that epic journey because even what you think could be a small dose could be a killer.

Oh yeah, I take dmt-acetate. Freebase mixed with vinegar. I think it has the advantages of fumarate, except it's easier to make.

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 5/15/2010 3:16:20 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

fnog9 wrote:
...so I don't know what's with all the people saying I told you so...even what you think could be a small dose could be a killer.

That's why people are saying I told you so...because they already told you this. This was some of the most basic rationale given as to why you shouldn't just take a monumental dose; even a small dose could kick your ass.

Geez, did you not read the responses in your other thread or did you just block them out? Rolling eyes
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

gibran2
#15 Posted : 5/15/2010 4:37:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

In your first post, you said:
fnog9 wrote:
...From now on, if I ever touch the stuff again, it will be in the 40-50mg range.

And in a more recent post you said:
Quote:
โ€ฆI have nothing against being scared or maxing out a trip. That's what I wanted in the first place, and that's what I got.

Iโ€™m having trouble understanding this. Why would you want to take a dose so large that youโ€™d consider โ€œnever touching the stuff againโ€?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Blundering_Novice
#16 Posted : 5/15/2010 4:48:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
[quote=fnog9]

Geez, did you not read the responses in your other thread or did you just block them out? Rolling eyes

Seriously.....

Steely
#17 Posted : 5/15/2010 7:31:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes people need to learn the hard way to learn at all...
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

kyrolima
#18 Posted : 5/16/2010 12:08:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Steely wrote:
Sometimes people need to learn the hard way to learn at all...

that must be the truth. Learning something the nice way can be possible.
But learning it the hard way will make sure that you understand it.

elusive illusion

polytrip
#19 Posted : 5/16/2010 12:51:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I once made the mistake of taking too much. I took ayahuasca and then i started eating some shrooms. The mistake was that i lost count of how many shrooms i ate. I can only guess how much it where, but that doesn't realy matter....it where waaaay to much.

That fact became apparent when i ate the last shroom and the first ones i ate started to kick in after the aya already had.Shocked "OMG, i've been eating shrooms for the entire hour"Shocked Shocked Shocked
I first waited to see whether it could be managable, but by the time i decided that maybe i'd better put a finger in my throat to empty the stomach and safe myself i realized that i no longer was able to perform that simple operation properly: i had lost all sense of proportion.

That night was...well at least i can say it was special.Rolling eyes

Apoc
#20 Posted : 5/16/2010 5:53:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
In your first post, you said:
fnog9 wrote:
...From now on, if I ever touch the stuff again, it will be in the 40-50mg range.

And in a more recent post you said:
Quote:
โ€ฆI have nothing against being scared or maxing out a trip. That's what I wanted in the first place, and that's what I got.

Iโ€™m having trouble understanding this. Why would you want to take a dose so large that youโ€™d consider โ€œnever touching the stuff againโ€?

It's something I really only wanted to do once.... the maximum trip I mean. I certainly didn't want to do it within two weeks. I might take it again, just not enough to knock me the fuck AOUT! I just don't need that super extreme state again, or the vegatative state where I'm virtually paralysed and to get up I feel I have to rise from the dead.

The reason I wanted to do a big dose was because I was having issues with fears that I was trying to get over. I felt that there was only so far I could go in to my fear before my body would react and I would not be allowed to go further, and thus never facing my fears. I felt that a big dose would force me to look at these fears, and they did.

Aight, sorry if I missed the warning.