We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
So.. Why do we have a facebook page? Options

Steely
#1 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:28:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.facebook.com/...s/DMT-Nexus/445969275273

I won't even explain why this is such a horribly bad idea, as I know the vast majority of everyone here can already understand why it needs to be taken down.

For those of you who do not have a, Facebook page, it is a link leading to a public (compared to private), "group" who's 15 person fan base shows open support toward this website.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Traveler
#2 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:29:15 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

It's not me.

So I guess someone loved the idea of having this site on facebook.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

ThirdEyeVision
#3 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:33:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do agree. Horrible idea. Given the nature of our community real identities should never be given. I doubt the traveler okayed it though. We've got a rougue nexian on our hands.
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

gammagore
#4 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:33:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whatttt????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginkgo
#5 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:34:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I see no problem with the group itself unless the administrator pretends to represent DMT-Nexus, but it is a problem that these individuals expose their identity in public. Oh well, it is perhaps only a problem for these 15 people. They should really know better. Evolution is a bitch...

L_Star
#6 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:35:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You guys work fast Goood! only mentioned it a few mins ago Razz hehehe come on who did this mad people....

R*R
L
Much respect to all from L_Star

Disclaimer: EVERYTHING posted by L_Star is said from the following persons: SWIM. All are hypothetical posts and are not endorsements of any activities, beliefs, and practices stated, that may be correlated with the person stated, or another person posting, or third party user, in anyway on dmt-nexus.com. All that is said is for educational purposes and as said is "hypothetical" and therefore cannot be taken for true accounts. SWIM and L_Star abide by the Law in all practices. SWIM would like reader to note that SWIM is blind, and L_Star is a typing assistant voluntering for SWIM. L_Star is bound by legal legislation for customer privacy by Data Protection Act, therefore SWIM will not be identified.

Regards L_Star

Steely
#7 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:35:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Though the page does not openly link to this website, it is in this day and age that we find ourselves using, "Google it" as a normal phrase for researching things.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

Dimitrius
#8 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:39:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah.....maybe not the best idea.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

d*l*b
#9 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:47:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Grrrrrr. Why? Why? Why?

What is it with Facebook fan pages? Why does anyone need to be a fan of the Nexus on Facebook? What does it achieve? As if fan pages weren’t annoying enough already...
D × V × F > R

Adivino
#10 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:54:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I though it was a philosophical (or introspective) question about why we succumbed to narcissism and created a Facebook account...

but yeah I think it's best to keep a low profile.
The text above was typed by frenzy monkeys randomly hitting their keyboards.

endlessness
#11 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:56:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with the sentiment that social networking is not the place for this kind of subject and I dont like dmt-nexus being there.

IMHO social networking breeds superficial communication, calls negative attention and is a source for data-mining from authorities.

If whoever made that page reads this: I would suggest taking any reference to dmt-nexus out of facebook, like removing this whole 'fan page' (is that even possible? I dont know how facebook works)

damiana
#12 Posted : 5/14/2010 12:00:42 AM

Cosmic Dragon

Yea, bad idea.
PEACE

Adivino
#13 Posted : 5/14/2010 12:03:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There's always the possibility of reporting the group to Facebook so that they remove it... I don't think it's a good idea either, you could ask Streisand ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect ).
The text above was typed by frenzy monkeys randomly hitting their keyboards.

Blundering_Novice
#14 Posted : 5/14/2010 12:16:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree. This is ill-conceived and all-around bad mojo....

DimethylSpice
#15 Posted : 5/14/2010 12:50:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow. i cant believe what i am seeing!

i hope whoever did that see's this and deletes that quickly.

what an idiot. there is always someone who ruins it for everyone else it seems.
All above posts are absolutely fictional and have nothing to do with actual reality whatsoever.

If you are waiting for "that moment", that moment is now.

vovin
#16 Posted : 5/14/2010 12:51:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Those who join the group there should know the possible implications of their actions. I am not opposed to this community to having a facebook presence but I think the name of the group there should be something a little more obscure like psychonauts or hyperspace explorers league something that does not directly indicate spice. Even here there are a few people myself included that dont do spice. We are here for the philosophical and intellectual aspects of the forum.

Facebook is dangerous for many many reasons. I dont use my true name on there simply to keep people from finding me unless I want them to find me. Allot of people have lost jobs because of their facebook page. Imagine if a school or job found out about you messing with spice.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

DMTripper
#17 Posted : 5/14/2010 1:06:22 AM

John Murdoch IV

I wonder how old this is. There are only 15 people there so I wouldn't worry too much about this. But anyways. Very stupid idea. Some people just can't keep a low profile. Some people just don't love anything more than attention Sad Wouldn't be surprised if the one making this page has never smoked DMT.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Bill Cipher
#18 Posted : 5/14/2010 1:28:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I have to agree with the general consensus - and while I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I think it's a pretty bad idea.

To whoever created the user group - would you consider pulling it down for the greater good of the overall community?

ohayoco
#19 Posted : 5/14/2010 1:46:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Someone please put up a link, I want to look at the page's fans! Are they all schoolboys? Plus one crazy old hippy who lives in a bucket? Laughing
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

clouds
#20 Posted : 5/14/2010 1:46:35 AM

Human

I did not create the facebook group (in case anyone is suspecting about me).
I think Facebook if total crap and I think that it is highly probable that one of the 15 "friends/fans" may have done it.

I suggest that someone with free time and a Facebook account submerges in this particular network to investigate this.
Other than that... I wouldn't know what to do since I don't have a Facebook Account.

123NEXT»