We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT & Time dilation Options

TheReadyAwakening
#1 Posted : 5/13/2010 6:54:08 AM

Jimmy

So SWIM has had many experiences with many different psychedelics, and time dilation is an accepted and common occurance while under the influence. However, SWIM noticed that yet again, DMT proved to set itself apart.

Unfortunately, I'm still a nubzor on this site so I can't post it anywhere else lolz...

SWIM has experienced both sides of the hourglass.

SWIM smoked some DMT one time, thought not enough to break through, but got incredibly high. Visuals were much like peaking on a high dose of psilocybin, though the body high was much more intense. This is all normal for a mild dose of DMT, but here's where it gets weird. SWIM was sitting on the couch where Family Guy was playing on the TV, and was listening to some Bassnectar (AwEsOmE). SWIM rocked out in his head for about five minutes, then started looking around. SWIM then watched an entire segment of Family Guy play before his eyes. Then, SWIM's friend walked into the room IN FAST FORWARD. Literally, zoomed across the room. Then, SWIM watched his friend push some buttons on the music machine, but SWIM could not for the life of him figure out what had changed. The song sounded the same, the volume, everything. Then SWIM watched his two friends have a conversation, except for they were still in fast forward! Arms flailing super fast, and SWIM couldn't hear a word of their conversation, yet he was watching their mouths move the whole time! Once SWIM began to come down a little more, he checked his phone and 45 minutes had gone by! SWIM had never had a 45 minute trip before, let alone one that zoomed by in what felt like no more than 10 minutes. SWIM felt like he was slowed in time!

On another DMT trip, SWIM again smoked a mild dose. This time, SWIM felt he had contacted (or been contacted by) a shapeless power force of some type. The language it spoke was inaudible to SWIM at the time, though it sounded like the vocals from a Tool or Shpongle song. SWIM wanted to write it down, but realized he forgot a pad and pen, so he ran to the kitchen. Except for he reached the kitchen, a good 40 feet, in three or four seconds! He then jotted down two full paragraphs in another matter of seconds. SWIM had sped up in time!

SWIM's conclusion: DMT, when mild (not quite breakthrough) doses are smoked, ones spirit is on the verge of being ripped from the body, but not quite. This half-in/half-out phase allows our bodies to transcend time for short period while under the influence. SWIM encourages other travellers to do the same! Though some might feel it a waste of spice to trip and not blast off, SWIM feels it can be just as rewarding in some situations, and doesn't want to leave any realm unexplored!
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

cellux
#2 Posted : 5/13/2010 7:50:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wait until time begins to flow backwards, as if pressing "reverse play" on the remote control of your reality.

Happened to me once (on LSD).

Luciapath
#3 Posted : 5/13/2010 11:01:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's interesting. The thing that freaks me out most is the fact that hyperspace feels timeLESS, like eternity, withinity...

But next time I have a non breakthrough dose I'll test your hypotheses.

By the way, is it really necessary to do the whole SWIM/SWIY thing? Everyone knows we're just made up characters anyway.

TheReadyAwakening
#4 Posted : 5/13/2010 3:50:04 PM

Jimmy

Wow that sounds intense!

I have heard of someone going through their trip, then having it all play back again and it ends right BEFORE they started to trip!

And about the SWIM thing, I really don't know, I would just rather be safe than sorry =)
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” - Terence McKenna

theRUSSIAN
#5 Posted : 5/16/2010 5:00:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dang that sounds intense, this reminds me of a salvia trip my friend had once.

But not only was everything in fast forward, he felt as if he was watching himself, zoom back and forth in his own head lol.

Crazy stuff
Quote:
I asked God for a bike, but i know he does not work that way. So i stole a bike, and asked for his forgiveness

Blundering_Novice
#6 Posted : 5/16/2010 8:11:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

A 45 minute smoked DMT trip? Were you on any MAOIs at the time?

TheReadyAwakening
#7 Posted : 5/18/2010 4:04:54 AM

Jimmy

None that I am aware of. Though I know that a few common foods have minute traces of MAOIs so I won't completely rule that out...

It wasn't like a normal DMT trip at all. I never broke through. I got high, it's just that the room looked pretty normal. The only thing aside from the body high was the fact that the music was insanely loud in my head (and never changed) and that 30 minutes went by in a flash.

I've experimented a lot with sub-breakthrough doses, and find them to be almost as enlightening as fully launched trips.