We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
A little warning from someone who's smoked loads of DMT Options

ragabr
#21 Posted : 5/11/2010 3:10:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Carry On My Wayward Son
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

vovin
#22 Posted : 5/11/2010 3:24:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

I came to the same conclusion when I quit about 7 years ago. Only after a couple years in reflection that I came to understand the beneficial aspects of DMT but IMHO DMT is one of many things a person should undertake on his spiritual journey. My primary dillema with assessing the results of DMT usage is that I also experimented with many things before, during, and after use and it is hard to discern what did what. In my analysis from writings and logs DMT laid the fundamental groundwork for my current state of mind. It laid the seeds of understanding that took years to fully evolve but if I had not taken the spice I do not think I would be who I am today.

I think many fail to realize that DMT is one piece of the puzzle. It is not the only part and it cannot be effectively utilized if you do not take on other aspects of spiritual practice. The issue is that DMT is easy. You extract it, you smoke it and you are there. Spending years sitting in a room in the god posture for hours on end not moving a muscle is not easy and very very few do it. I think people focus on drugs like DMT to avoid the work that is required with the other spiritual processes. They think it is a shortcut and it isnt. It's just a taste of the other side.

I hesitate to say this as others might start ding crazy stuff but simply smoking spice is not as far as you can get. Try spending 2 hours in a sensory dep tank and then take spice. Or stay awake for 48 hours until your a zombie and fire it up. You'll see a whole new world regular spice can never take you to. Still even under these circumstances it is a experience and should be taken in that context. That is why I dont believe in elves or dimensional beings. I believe that the trip is a exploration of my inner self and when I experience is a aspect of my being that I focus on in other spiritual practices to fully bring it to the front.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Oncewas
#23 Posted : 5/11/2010 3:49:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Vovin, very, very, very, wise words.

Dr Sway
#24 Posted : 5/11/2010 4:12:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

HPPD? Have you checked your own feelings against symptoms?

۩
#25 Posted : 5/11/2010 4:14:30 AM

Yeah vovin you're right. Thank you for chiming in. I have always valued your perspective immensely. I've probably barely even scratched the surface, even though it feels like I've been as far as we can go...I'll never know, because I've gone far enough for myself for my entire life time!

As for HPPD...Call this what you want. I call it smoking a ton of DMT until you get it. Cheers!

vovin
#26 Posted : 5/11/2010 4:32:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

The most important thing you can do while taking spice is keep a detailed log of some sort. It is essential tool that allows you to look back on what you underwent and your state of mind. I do not think anyone should do spice for a long period of time. For many a few times is enough and afterward you should move on. There are so many more profound experiences out there to undertake bro. Your time in hyperspace is over I hope you will move forward with your journey. If I may suggest it I would begin to learn meditation. It will take many months of work and you'll think your legs are going to fall off but you get what you put into it. If I had to choose only one practice or experience I have undergone in my life mediation would win hands down without a second thought. DMT is a experience mediation isnt. It will change you in ways you cannot fathom. But there's no reason to leave the community. I dont smoke spice and I am here. Thing is it's a great thing to have highly intelligent people of like mind to converse with.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

۩
#27 Posted : 5/11/2010 4:47:23 AM

vovin wrote:
The most important thing you can do while taking spice is keep a detailed log of some sort. It is essential tool that allows you to look back on what you underwent and your state of mind. I do not think anyone should do spice for a long period of time. For many a few times is enough and afterward you should move on. There are so many more profound experiences out there to undertake bro. Your time in hyperspace is over I hope you will move forward with your journey. If I may suggest it I would begin to learn meditation. It will take many months of work and you'll think your legs are going to fall off but you get what you put into it. If I had to choose only one practice or experience I have undergone in my life mediation would win hands down without a second thought. DMT is a experience mediation isnt. It will change you in ways you cannot fathom. But there's no reason to leave the community. I dont smoke spice and I am here. Thing is it's a great thing to have highly intelligent people of like mind to converse with.

I agree with you! Luckily for myself, I was taught meditation at a very young age and have been practicing ever since. I always incorporated it, and yoga, into my psychedelic work.
And now that my work with psychedelics are over, meditation and yoga have a whole new meaning and perspective. It's quite [absurdly] amazing being here. And like I said...I don't think I could leave this place...I am far too fascinated with it all...
my time with the molecule is definitely up, though.
I'm glad someone can relate!

Cheers everyone! We are all bringing back our individual pieces to the puzzle. Together, we will figure out as much as we can. Wow........................................

damiana
#28 Posted : 5/11/2010 4:54:19 AM

Cosmic Dragon

Everyone needs to practice meditation.
PEACE

pau
#29 Posted : 5/11/2010 4:56:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One thing you can do is visit a spiritual guide or tuned-in shrink who can help you learn from/integrate this. And you will. Sounds like you learned a lot ... but you've outgrown the aid that spice can be and it's time now to jump up to the next level, whatever that is for you. Nothing wrong like other posters have said, either: some hatha yoga, jogging, working out at the gym, meditating. I'm sure you ca think of more. You will get through this, these effects that bother you now will fade away, and you'll be stronger and better for it. It's part of the journey.
WHOA!

۩
#30 Posted : 5/11/2010 5:04:46 AM

pau wrote:
One thing you can do is visit a spiritual guide or tuned-in shrink who can help you learn from/integrate this. And you will. Sounds like you learned a lot ... but you've outgrown the aid that spice can be and it's time now to jump up to the next level, whatever that is for you. Nothing wrong like other posters have said, either: some hatha yoga, jogging, working out at the gym, meditating. I'm sure you ca think of more. You will get through this, these effects that bother you now will fade away, and you'll be stronger and better for it. It's part of the journey.

The only thing that can cure awareness is brain damage Twisted Evil

Apoc
#31 Posted : 5/11/2010 8:03:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't worry, OP, you haven't seen everything. You may think you've seen "what you really are" but have you? Would you really be disappointed and regretful of seeing what you really are? Don't you think what you really are is something glorious, not disappointing? How can you wish you didn't know what you really are? It doesn't make sense. You have may realized something about your nature, but you're stuck on one aspect, not really seeing the whole picture.

Plus, if you want to "be normal", you still can. If that's what you really want. Forget dmt, forget this message board. Just go on like nothing ever happened. You'd be amazed what people can forget in time, especially insubstantial things like ideas and thoughts. Fill your time with other, normal activities, or new activities, and dedicate your life to preserving the illusion. You knew it was all going to fall apart at death anyway. You can still lead a perfectly "normal" life if you're willing to forget.

"You better make damn sure you're ready to accept what you really are before you make that decision to dissolve."

I don't think anyone is ever really ready by our human standards. The only time someone is ready is if they do realize what they are. If it happens, they were ready. Am I wrong? Besides, nothing has changed. You say you realize what you are, and yet here you are. You aren't in some void or alternate dimension. What has been happening since you were born is the exact same thing that is happening now, and until you die and until the end of time.... and yet here you are in this apparent form. You're here for a while, and then you die and whatever you think you saw in dmt land will be irrelevant. You've always known this, but you've only started to face mortality. As soon as you accept whatever ideas you've realized, they won't seem scary anymore.

"I see many people using psychedelics just so they can be better people. But it doesn't last. You come down, back to your normal self, every time."

What's wrong with coming down? and why do you suppose the realizations revealed during a trip don't last? My life and those around me have changed very much for the better since my trip. I am not back to my normal self. I came down from a high, but with greater zest for life, and respect for the universe.

Also, why do you say your drug use is pointless and illusory if you say it was through drug use that you realized what you really are?

obliguhl
#32 Posted : 5/11/2010 8:30:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

house, I sincerely believe that you'll be fine. I hope this won't make you angry, but I really believe it. And I've read the whole thread.

Space
#33 Posted : 5/11/2010 11:26:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Space allows space. It doesn't contrast with anything. No friction, nothingness -limitless peace.

I'm sure you've had some great responses on here, but I just thought I'd throw that in.

ohayoco
#34 Posted : 5/11/2010 12:02:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
"I see many people using psychedelics just so they can be better people. But it doesn't last. You come down, back to your normal self, every time."

I disagree. Dreamer has not smoked DMT in a year and rather than regressing back to his old depressed, negative, hypocritical self, he has only become happier, more positive, more ethical in his actions.

Perhaps if people do regress to a previous state they're just not doing it right, not doing the work after the experiences, not following up with complementary avenues to secure lasting change. Like many Deadheads and trancers who fill themselves full of entheogens constantly, having the same experiences over and over again without working on them and ironing out the gaps between their self-image and their reality, and consequently they don't come across as improved individuals but instead as 'drugfucked hippies'. I'm sure a lot of them are great people but many come across as having just swapped one set of blinkers for another (multicoloured) set.

Course maybe Dreamer is as blinkered as they are... but he's happy and his family have commented on the positive change in him.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

DMTripper
#35 Posted : 5/11/2010 12:20:31 PM

John Murdoch IV

ohayoco wrote:
Quote:

I disagree. Dreamer has not smoked DMT in a year and rather than regressing back to his old depressed, negative, hypocritical self, he has only become happier, more positive, more ethical in his actions.

Perhaps if people do regress to a previous state they're just not doing it right, not doing the work after the experiences, not following up with complementary avenues to secure lasting change. Like many Deadheads and trancers who fill themselves full of entheogens constantly, having the same experiences over and over again without working on them and ironing out the gaps between their self-image and their reality, and consequently they don't come across as improved individuals but instead as 'drugfucked hippies'. I'm sure a lot of them are great people but many come across as having just swapped one set of blinkers for another (multicoloured) set.

Course maybe Dreamer is as blinkered as they are... but he's happy and his family have commented on the positive change in him.

Couldn't agree more.
Psychedelics definitely changed me permanently to the better by showing me what I had to do. They woke me up but didn't do the work for me. That I had to do after I saw what was wrong with my life.
Psychedelics are not the easy way. They're just "a way". Doesn't fit all people. But sure did for me Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

hummus
#36 Posted : 5/11/2010 12:39:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I think there's a few issues in general (probably not all of them are applicable to you house but just for a general discussion)
Firstly spice isn't some universal cure-all, and tbh it doesn't actually solve any problems on it's own. It can give a different perspective to help things, but you've got to actually use that information, and just as importantly interpret it correctly, to actually achieve positive change in your life.
Even then though, there is some situations that just won't be changed, or at least not for some time. As an example not really related to dmt, I still live in my parents house even though I have an expressed a wish to leave for many years, but have been prevented from doing so by many factors (I won't go into them but ..). I'm sure I can leave, and tbh probably will do pretty soon, but I guess the mental block of having to totally restart and reconnect is (or at least was) stronger than the mental pull of having a stable place where everything's sorted out for me. Now while spice may help shift this balance of blocks and pulls and allow you to see for example that anything is possible, it's possible for me to walk out of this door and lead my life exactly how I wish, without the practical reality of actually going ahead and doing it, such things are just dreams and aren't really connected to much.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I see spice as a positive thing to my real-world consciousness if it effects positive change here, while it may not do much harm (although it certainly can just as anything can) otherwise evaluating it from this perspective if it doesn't effect change here then it's just like travelling, and imho the whole thing of travelling is the novelty of being somewhere new and doing new things.
Although, I could spend my life travelling around the world and always be seeing new things, and I guess the same could be said for spice, but if I spent all my life travelling around the world then my life would be defined by that travelling, sure some may wish to do that but imho it's only good as a contrast and a little bit of injection of novelty into our lives, and I see some similarities with spice in that.
Back to the actual effects of spice, I see a lot that heavy experiences take a very long time to integrate, coming back to interpreting the lessons and implementing them; spice's lessons are often transferred in abstract ways and may not really be remembered or interpreted as what they are for a very long time, especially as you come across more life experiences that show you similarities with what you've experienced with spice, imho that's when things start to 'click into place', but it's a gradual process and one that's never fully finished, and one that occurs without the use of spice. Coming back to the OP/others, may I make the wild assumption that this is why you continue to visit the nexus, to find different perspectives on the experiences you had?
That's a lot of typing and it might not all make sense, but it's just some thoughts circulating in my head and ones I'm constantly reevaluating even as I type this, I guess that's an example of interpreting things 'correctly' and implementing them.
Might write some more some time..

cellux
#37 Posted : 5/11/2010 12:42:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chögyam Trungpa wrote:
The spiritual path is not fun – better not begin it. If you must begin, then go all the way, because if you begin and quit, the unfinished business you have left behind begins to haunt you all the time. The path, as Suzuki Roshi mentions in Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind, is like getting onto a train that you cannot get off; you ride it on and on and on.

polytrip
#38 Posted : 5/11/2010 1:52:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I once felt that i'd done enough psychedelics, that it had given me all i ever seeked for. But that was not a negative emotion at all.
And something kept drawing me back to them.

I'm always in between not doing psychedelics and doing a lot of it. Most of the time i say no to them. There are some moments though that i feel "this is the right time".

I don't completely understand why you sound so saddened by your gained insights and i also don't find that there's only one single thing to learn.
Well, maybe there is, but there are so many angles to that one single thing that nobody ever understands and masters it completely.

You sound like you find that you're lured inside some sort of trap, a cosmic conspiracy. I think i can understand that way of looking at it. But there are other perspective's possible that are just as valid.

It may very well be that doing psychedelics is not the way for you to proceed your journey. But the spiritual journey of your life is not over. And the path is not a dead-end street.

ThirdEyeVision
#39 Posted : 5/11/2010 4:30:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend has been there and took a 6 year hiatus. The teachers then called him back for a refresher course.

These plants aren't simply drugs to get high. They truly are teachers. Do you continue to go to class once you graduate? Typically not. I believe you may be called back to learn more in the future, but for now I guess class is dismissed Wink

You will always be an Infinite Being in my eyes.
ThirdEyeVision
It's the third eye vision, five side dimension
The 8th Light, is gonna shine bright tonight

۩
#40 Posted : 5/11/2010 5:56:19 PM

fnog9 wrote:
Don't worry, OP, you haven't seen everything. You may think you've seen "what you really are" but have you? Would you really be disappointed and regretful of seeing what you really are? Don't you think what you really are is something glorious, not disappointing? How can you wish you didn't know what you really are? It doesn't make sense. You have may realized something about your nature, but you're stuck on one aspect, not really seeing the whole picture.

You obviously live in a completely different reality tunnel than I, having no idea who I am or what I have done to get to where I am typing this right now.
Yes, I have. If it doesn't make sense to you, then that's ok. I bet there's only a handfull of people in this world that all this would make sense to.

Quote:
You've always known this, but you've only started to face mortality. As soon as you accept whatever ideas you've realized, they won't seem scary anymore.

Again, a complete misunderstanding.
I've faced mortality my entire life. I don't have a perfect healthy body like most people. Mine's failing. This is what led me to my excessive DMT use in the first place. I wanted to see what was on the other side. And I did. Now I know. I'll never forget. And I wish I didn't. But it's too late.
It's not scary. It's just absurd. There's a difference...

Quote:
Also, why do you say your drug use is pointless and illusory if you say it was through drug use that you realized what you really are?

After many years, it became this way. It wasn't at first. If you read what I wrote, you would know that I give thanks and praise for the lessons I was taught, but after a while it evolved into something unnecessary and repetitious. Thus, I will never use entheogens ever again.
They don't leave those lasting results on me like they do others. Yall are lucky.
The next day I'm back to my pissed off fucked up insane self. It's just who I am. I've always been this way, and always will until I go back to the mud.

Quote:
I came down from a high, but with greater zest for life, and respect for the universe.

That's great. That's YOUR reality tunnel. YOUR body.

I came down with the knowledge that we live in a simulated experiment. WOOHOO! Rolling eyes

obliguhl, thanks. I am fine. I am me.

Space, that's some eloquent poetry that sparks such divinity withinity.

ohayoco, dmtripper, hummus, I am glad you all have harmonic reality tunnels with hyperspace and can deal with what it's showing you.

polytrip, there isn't one thing, it's far beyond one thing. please don't get me wrong. I definitely didn't master hyperspace...fuck that...but I got enough out of it for a lifetime. and there is no luring, there is only awakening to the truth.

thirdeyevision, yep, class dismissed.

and due to vovins very wise responses, I have changed the title of this warning thread.

PREV1234NEXT»