We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Injecting DMT Options

Nance
#1 Posted : 5/10/2010 4:30:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard you can inject DMT. I was wondering how the effects differ from smoking it. I've been smoking out of a meth pipe which works very well. But I am always interested in different methods. I was a IV heroin user for 10 years, although I dont use anymore, I've always preferred shooting my drugs. Is better than smoking? is it more dangerous? Does anyone know the proper way to go about this? Any words of wisdom/warning would be much appreciated.
I am uncertain of everything I thought I was certain of.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

corridors of my cells
#2 Posted : 5/10/2010 5:00:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do not inject DMT... because you can never get 100%pure and safe dmt made in a lab by real chemists.. and dmt that u have is not meant to be injected.. dont take the risk for IV..

vovin
#3 Posted : 5/10/2010 5:03:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

IMHO you got a 50/50 chance on surviving it. After all you arent just injecting DMT but also trace amounts of every chemical you used in the process.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

gammagore
#4 Posted : 5/10/2010 5:10:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ye, I wouldnt IV any DMT that was extracted in a kitchen, actually I wouldnt IV anything.

As vovin said, you will be injecting all sorts of gunk, solvent traces, oil/fats and who knows what else.

Be safe.

Nance
#5 Posted : 5/10/2010 5:16:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow thanks guys. That was very helpful. I will stick to my pipe.

g13juggalo
#6 Posted : 5/10/2010 5:20:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could DMT be made IV quality? Is it more efficient?

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 5/10/2010 5:24:04 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

The replies given thus far reflect my sentiment, but they also reflect the flaws of abstinence only sex-education; if someone is set on doing something and decides to do it despite warnings that it carries risk, let's give them the information to do it as safely as possible, should they engage in what we communally deem to be potential very harmful.

First, if you are IV'ing dmt, your dmt needs to be a fumarate salt (I'm pretty sure this is the only form of dmt the FDA has approved for human use). Secondly, your lab needs to be perfect. Any chemicals you use should be medical lab-grade (whatever would be approved for use in creating something a person would receive by IV). Finally, you're going to need another person to help you with your rig as I don't think needles and hyperspace go together very well for the solo user. If other members have things to add, please do, this is the very basics (if that) and has covered a mere fraction of the things you should be thinking about if you are seriously contemplating this (to reiterate, I think you should stop contemplating this now).

I have never IV'd anything nor do I recommend doing it. The things I've said in my post are the bare minimum that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure that there are many safety issues I have missed and this is the first thing I would call your attention to. As with would-be acid cooks who seem to populate drug forums in droves; If you have to ask the questions of how, what, or why, you do not have the requisite skill sets or knowledge to be undertaking the task you have outlined and should refrain from doing it.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Nance
#8 Posted : 5/10/2010 5:32:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

understood. Thank you.

Bill Cipher
#9 Posted : 5/10/2010 5:46:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think most of these responses are a little bit reactionary, quite honestly. I mean, I'm all for safe and responsible use, but shouldn't a methodical and well performed A/B extraction rival a synthetic lab product in terms of purity? I would say that if one were to defat, wash and recrystallize multiple times - so that the end result is a colorless translucent product - then salt, wash again, weigh carefully (knowing the dosage range ahead of time), follow general guidelines of filtration and sterilization, and have someone to assist in the actual administration, it's likely going to be as healthy or healthier than vaporizing.

Having said that, I haven't done this myself (though it's on my bucket list). Be prepared for it to hit considerably harder than vaporizing (as your entire dose breaks the blood brain barrier all at once), and last a little bit longer.

Trickster
#10 Posted : 5/10/2010 6:21:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Long time ago SWIM talked couple of times to a chemist who experimented a lot with synthetic DMT fumarate. He injected it IM. He said it is less risky than IV for a number of reasons. SWIM does not remember exactly why.

The guy said that IM is the best way to do spice - slower and less disorienting than IV or vaporized, more predictable and less body load than with oral spice + MAOI.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

SunRise
#11 Posted : 5/10/2010 10:12:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

get an iv rig and run it through a filter.
Spice Tavelin
Space Cowboy

Just know that when you finally realize what type of place the Nexus is, and how many lives it has touched, know that you have helped each one of them and I hope you continue doing so and never lose your way in life-Steely

endlessness
#12 Posted : 5/11/2010 12:15:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Appart from what people said about purity, I think another subject snozzleberry touched briefly but is EXTREMELY important is about the mix of hyperspace and needles, and the possibility of physically hurting yourself: What if the effects come too sudden and you have no time to pull out the needle before its too late, ripping your veins accidentally, or you let it settle next to you and get punctured unknowingly, or whatever. IF you are gonna do it, then please have a sitter, have someone else that has experience with needles do it for you and making sure you are physically safe for the experience.

Btw, I would suggest you smoke not out of a meth pipe but vaporize with something like the vaporgenie.

Abakua81
#13 Posted : 5/11/2010 3:19:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Nance wrote:
I've heard you can inject DMT. I was wondering how the effects differ from smoking it. I've been smoking out of a meth pipe which works very well. But I am always interested in different methods. I was a IV heroin user for 10 years, although I dont use anymore, I've always preferred shooting my drugs. Is better than smoking? is it more dangerous? Does anyone know the proper way to go about this? Any words of wisdom/warning would be much appreciated.

Anything made in swims kitchen wont be directly injected into me.

Also, I too was a heroin addict. I know if I put a needle in my veins to alter myself I will end up back on dope. End of story for me. No matter how pure I will never do it. I ruined that method with heroin. Took a long time to get off that junk and I wont risk such a thing when vaporized dmt is so powerful.

Trickster
#14 Posted : 5/12/2010 8:10:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

endlessness wrote:
Appart from what people said about purity, I think another subject snozzleberry touched briefly but is EXTREMELY important is about the mix of hyperspace and needles, and the possibility of physically hurting yourself: What if the effects come too sudden and you have no time to pull out the needle before its too late, ripping your veins accidentally, or you let it settle next to you and get punctured unknowingly, or whatever. IF you are gonna do it, then please have a sitter, have someone else that has experience with needles do it for you and making sure you are physically safe for the experience.

Btw, I would suggest you smoke not out of a meth pipe but vaporize with something like the vaporgenie.

Definitely, IV solo is out of question. According to Strassman most of the subjects were in hyperspace before the injection has been finished. IM is OK, provided you're sure of the spice purity. My friend is carefully researching this route.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

Nance
#15 Posted : 5/12/2010 1:44:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the best idea for me is to wait til I am MUCH more familiar with this new drug. I just have a problem inhaling. Sometimes it hurts my lungs for days after. And regardless of what people say about injecting, I think it can be just as safe as any other form of using as long as the person is educated and responsible. But for now and for a while, I will stay with smoking. Best not to rush these things.
endlessness wrote:

Endlessness - Wouldnt the dmt melt through the screen in the vaporgenie? with the meth pipe, it has no were to go and usually leaves me with a little spice left over.

rOm
#16 Posted : 5/12/2010 1:53:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WIth a Glass Vaporgenie, you may use 6 screens and leaf bed, it should be okay.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

gibran2
#17 Posted : 5/12/2010 2:21:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Nance wrote:
...Wouldnt the dmt melt through the screen in the vaporgenie? with the meth pipe, it has no were to go and usually leaves me with a little spice left over.

With the GVG, I use a thin disc of copper mesh instead of multiple screens. It holds the spice very well and it vaporizes very quickly.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

bufoman
#18 Posted : 5/12/2010 3:03:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

NOTE: This report is for harm reduction. SWIM does not recommend this route unless you are a trained professional or a well researched individual however people use it so it is best to acknowledge it and make information available. It should be noted that SWIM had access to proper medical equipment and was sure of the purity of her sample, if she did not this experience would have never had happened.

IM METHOD:

SWIM has injected DMT fumarate IM. It was an enjoyable experience however one has to take serious precautions or they can do some serious damage. I am making this report available so that if some one chooses to do it they do it correctly. This is the proper way to do it. Of course some people will say all you need is a rusty needle, some pond water and some drugs. Some people do this and surprisingly seem ok however it is not recommended as it may lead to serious health complications. So long as a few precautions are taken there is little risk with IM/IV injection. If the precautions are not taken however serious consequences may arise, this is why so many are anti-needles that and the social stigma around it (although could be argued that is a result of the later).

EFFECTS: IM injection has rapid effects. Effects are felt in about 1 minute and peak at 5-7 minutes. It lasts about 45 minutes depending on dose. There was some irritation noted from the injection, a slight burning sensation that was tolerable which lasted the rest of the day. 50 mg IM is def milder than 50 mg freebased DMT. SWIM would recommend starting with a low dose and than trying a higher one if comfortable. The effects are slightly different than freebased DMT as the peak is milder and lasts longer. There also is not the initial rush but more of a gentle drift into the intoxication.

TECHNIQUE: First off a water soluable salt of DMT must be used. It is best to use DMT fumarate. First off the source of the DMT must be pure. It should be re-crystalized from water several times. It is than dissolved in sterile water or better still saline solution and filtered. It would be desirable to have a syringe filter however if this is not available a bit of cotton should work EDIT: DO NOT USE COTTON SEE BELOW POSTS. Make sure to put the needle in the center of the filter and slowly draw up on the solution. (NOTE: DMT Fum is safely soluble in water at around 50 mg/mL). A clean needle is used with a appropriate gauge for IM (25-27) and it should be at least 1/2 inch long.

The injection site and surrounding area is cleaned off with some ethanol. The needle is held straight above the site (periplanar) and slowly entered into the skin and pushed down until it is all the way in. Once it is in all the way, while holding the barrel the plunger is pulled up a little bit to make sure it is not in a blood vessel. One should just see a little air bubble (really vacuum space in the barrel) if blood is seen do not inject move the needle and try again or remove and try again at a different site. Slowly push down on the plunger, until all the solution is injected. Do not do it too fast or you could damage the tissue. Then slowly remove the needle and wipe the spot off again with ethanol. Cap and throw the syringe away. Do not reuse syringes you can damage your tissue this way and it is not worth it.

Also if one is serious about this they can look online at medical texts on IM injection just type it into google. There is some good info about sites of injection and proper techniques.

IV

SWIM has not done IV DMT because she does not know anyone with the credentials to inject it for her. For IV DMT it is highly recommended that someone inject it for you. This someone should know what they are doing. The effects are too rapid and disabilitating for this to be safe to do alone. However the above technique could easily be adapted for IV injection. With IV a much lower dose should be used. 15 mg would be a large dose for most start lower. The needle gauge should be much higher than for IM (finer needle) 28-31 guage (insulin syringes are best). Hold the syringe at an angle and have the cut side of the angle of the needle facing you when you put it in. With IV one may need a tourniquet to see the veins. This is used to slide the needle into the vein and then make sure to unwrap it before the solution is injected. Also inject slowly to avoid damage.

Again if one is going to do this PLEASE look up proper techniques for IV injection online there is a wealth of FREE info out there written by trained professionals. Also look up Strassman's work if you are considering this, I believe DMT the spirit molecule has some good info on this. If SWIY is going to do this than SWIM would recommend trying IM first if SWIY is not experienced with injections. It is much easier and safer to do and you also can do it alone.

corpus callosum
#19 Posted : 5/12/2010 6:58:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Bufoman-excellent post!

I think if Bufomans advice is followed, most people could mange an IM shot.However, IV is another story and its not quite so straightforward to follow the instructions given and get it right.

It should only be administerd IV by someone who knows the technique well and is sufficiently practised.As already stated, hitting yourself up IV would cause such a rapid come-up that it would be very tricky to stem the bleeding and dispose of the works safely before being seriously out there.

The only advice I would give which differs from the sound advice from Bufoman is to avoid cotton as your filter-it aint that tricky to inadvertently get some cotton fibres which the naked eye might miss and banging these is MOST unpleasant.This is the case with whatever is in the works.Trust me-its not good....

Back in the day when I was less discerning regarding ROAs I would use a clean cigarette filter,split it in half along its long axis, place the needles' aperture on the outer part of the filter which hadnt been ripped (ie the 'smoother' part that had been in contact with the inside of the brown filter-end paper)PERPENDICULAR to the long axis of the filter and draw up the goodies through this.Speaking for me and me alone, I never got anything like 'cotton-fever' using this approach.

I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

stevowitz
#20 Posted : 5/12/2010 7:29:16 PM

The Dude

Definitely don't use Cotton, this can cause what some call "cotton fever" not a very fun time...
*We are now at a phase of human development where we have accumulated an enormous amount of knowledge through scientific research in the material world. This is very important knowledge, but it must be integrated. -Hoffman
*A young man who wishes to remain a sound Atheist cannot be too careful of his reading -C.S. Lewis
cephalopods are enlightened -benzyme
T R I P S I T

123NEXT»