We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phalaris? Options

wolvz
#1 Posted : 5/9/2010 8:44:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has been reading alot about DMT and would like to extract it himself because its hard to come by in his area.
SWIM just has a few questions about phalaris grass. He noticed that the stuff is growing in masses around his yard and would like to be sure its actually phalaris. He would also like to know best ways for extraction, but might not have some of the chemicals readily available in his area.

The pic of phalaris SWIM took is attached.
wolvz attached the following image(s):
0509101509.jpg (1,007kb) downloaded 414 time(s).
Wolvz is not human, wolvz is an imaginary being used only to tell fictional stories of a fictional world called hyperspace.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

UniverseXP
#2 Posted : 5/9/2010 9:01:44 PM

Roger

holy smokes! thats way more than SWIM can find, grows in little patches around here. what are your questions?
: )

wolvz
#3 Posted : 5/9/2010 9:05:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well I guess you could consider them smaller patches, but they are everywhere. SWIMs questions are:
is it the right grass?
what easy to find chemicals would i need for simple extraction?
Wolvz is not human, wolvz is an imaginary being used only to tell fictional stories of a fictional world called hyperspace.

UniverseXP
#4 Posted : 5/9/2010 9:11:47 PM

Roger

acetone for the bufo, naptha for the 5meo and NN, not sure what gramine is soluble in but you will need to know since you'll have to separate it if it's gonna join in with any of your good alkoloids

wolvz
#5 Posted : 5/9/2010 9:14:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well those wouldn't be hard to come by, but i think i read somewhere that gramine isn't very soluble in DCM. I know that would be a hard one to get.

UniverseXP
#6 Posted : 5/9/2010 9:15:47 PM

Roger

oh sweet and welcome btw! im pretty new too. is bufo or 5meo soluble in DCM?

wolvz
#7 Posted : 5/9/2010 9:19:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Smile and im not sure.

lewinii
#8 Posted : 5/12/2010 11:07:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMs yard is covered with p. aquatica, and thinks that other pharlais may be lurking,
let me know how you make out with it, what extraction method are you using?

also, hexane can be used instead of something, naptha maybe. SWIM read that in several topics.
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

→ Donate to the Nexus! ←

benzyme
#9 Posted : 5/13/2010 1:42:27 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

UniverseXP wrote:
is bufo or 5meo soluble in DCM?

both are, afaik. dcm is used to extract a wide range of alkaloids
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

benzyme
#10 Posted : 5/13/2010 1:49:44 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

wolvz wrote:
SWIM has been reading alot about DMT and would like to extract it himself because its hard to come by in his area.
SWIM just has a few questions about phalaris grass. He noticed that the stuff is growing in masses around his yard and would like to be sure its actually phalaris. He would also like to know best ways for extraction, but might not have some of the chemicals readily available in his area.

The pic of phalaris SWIM took is attached.

yeah, that looks like arundinacea.
aquatica (tuberosa) grows all over the place in central tx. swim could probably find 50 lbs of it just down the road
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Ginkgo
#11 Posted : 5/13/2010 1:55:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, that certainly looks like Phalaris arundinacea! Only the leaves are worth using, and new leaves have a much higher alkaloid content. If you have the time, you should cut of the leaves and only use the new leaves that come out after the cutting. Around 14 days into the life of the new leaves is when the alkaloid content (in percent) is peaking.

Good luck, and keep us updated! Smile

Ginkgo
#12 Posted : 5/13/2010 2:00:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

UniverseXP wrote:
acetone for the bufo, naptha for the 5meo and NN, not sure what gramine is soluble in but you will need to know since you'll have to separate it if it's gonna join in with any of your good alkoloids

The notes I have on gramine solubility is: Soluble in alcohol, ether, toluene and chloroform, slightly soluble in acetone and not soluble in water. I know it's not much to work on, but perhaps it is of help anyway.

lewinii
#13 Posted : 5/13/2010 2:54:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

>The notes I have on gramine

that is something to worry about apparently, it is toxic?

>Only the leaves are worth using, and new leaves have a much higher alkaloid content.

glad you said that, you only use the leaves then, leave the stalk and rest behind?
or is that just for arundinacea.
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

→ Donate to the Nexus! ←

killuminati420
#14 Posted : 5/13/2010 5:30:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phalaris brachystachys is what you need to find...Ive read it has up to 2-3 percent of NN-dmt by weight and contains low amounts of gramine/bufo...Im going on a hunt for brachystachys this summer...I GOTTA grow it
"Money Can't Buy Life" -Bob Marley

UniverseXP
#15 Posted : 5/13/2010 7:35:29 PM

Roger

benzyme wrote:
UniverseXP wrote:
is bufo or 5meo soluble in DCM?

both are, afaik. dcm is used to extract a wide range of alkaloids

cool thanks ill keep that in mind

Evening Glory wrote:
UniverseXP wrote:

The notes I have on gramine solubility is: Soluble in alcohol, ether, toluene and chloroform, slightly soluble in acetone and not soluble in water. I know it's not much to work on, but perhaps it is of help anyway.

wow thanks thats very helpfull, btw im looking forward to that paper of yours

jamie
#16 Posted : 5/13/2010 9:30:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Evening Glory wrote:
UniverseXP wrote:

Do you know anything reguarding it's solubility in acidic water?
Long live the unwoke.

Ginkgo
#17 Posted : 5/13/2010 9:36:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope, I'm sorry. I have never experimented with gramine myself, the information I posted was everything on it's solubility I have gathered from various sources. I would guess the solubility in acidic water to be poor though.

wolvz
#18 Posted : 5/15/2010 8:05:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry for not responding in so long. I did an Acidic water extraction a while ago and ended up with some dark brownish/redish goo, there is alot of goo itself so its got alot of fats and oils i believe, but for the moment i have no solvent and no way to get to the store...but i still have the tray with the goo.

wolvz
#19 Posted : 5/15/2010 8:12:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here is a pic of the goo:
wolvz attached the following image(s):
0515101510.jpg (347kb) downloaded 49 time(s).

lewinii
#20 Posted : 5/24/2010 9:04:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

do you smoke the product your trying to get? or another means of ingestion...

was it tested yet?

→ Donate to the Nexus! ←