We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
aya from MHRB w/o MAOI? Options

DrParadox
#1 Posted : 3/28/2008 8:42:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone have friends who have tried this (in dreams) to confirm an MAOI is not needed? If true, can dietary restrictions be loosened/ignored on dream day?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Big Inhale
#2 Posted : 3/30/2008 6:20:59 PM

The Enlightend One

from what I understand a cold water extraction is suitable for a 2-3 hour journey I think it was something like 25 grams of bark soaked in a cup of water for an hour squeeze the shit out of the bark then repeat then combine the water and drink I have no personal exp with this but have heard it works I think its called Vinho de Jurema
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 3/30/2008 6:56:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Big Inhale is correct.

I assume you read the article about it on Erowid. Acidifying the brew slightly with phosphric acid (a la Hummingbird's Brew) will likely make the extraction more efficient, but it could cause an unknown degree of potentiation... I wouldn't want to start out at 25 g rootbark with Hummingbird's tek, even without the MAOI.

On the other hand, remember Jonathan Ott's bioassay was with a sample confirmed to be M tenuiflora. The bark on the market these days could very well be M verrucosa. According to Torsten, the major rootbark supplier who had the plantation of pink-flowering mimosa is still selling this product as M hostilis. It apparently makes up a good chunk of the market. True M tenuiflora (aka M hostilis) has ONLY white flowers, never pink, according to all the botanical descriptions I can find. This other rootbark definitely has DMT... it may even have more DMT than M hostilis; but there isn't any evidence at this point for claiming that M verrucosa would be orally active without an added MAOI. This property is idosynchratic to M hostilis, as far as we know.

Big Inhale
#4 Posted : 3/30/2008 6:58:22 PM

The Enlightend One

so really there is only one way to find out!
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Entropymancer
#5 Posted : 3/30/2008 7:31:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Here's the relevent passage from the Hummingbird Tek. It's highly recommended that anyone planning on trying this really ought to make an account at the Ayahuasca forums, so that you can read the accompanying discussion. The amount of bark required to get a full experience with this tek is drastically reduced. Please use caution.

Quote:
Long cold soak for rootbark (powdered, by dreamer)

Now, 20 drops of 10% food grade phosphoric acid in 1/2 gal of distilled water = ph3... Please be sure to get that right!

So, place the herbs in the solution at a ratio of at least 20/1 solution/herbs, (by ounces).

1st soak, 4-5 days in fridge shaking often. Filter, place in fridge to settle.

2nd soak, 4-5 days in fridge, with 1/2 the amount of acid, shaking often. filter, place in fridge to settle.

3rd soak (might be optional, it's pretty pale) 1-2 days, plain distilled water, shake, filter, place in fridge to settle.

After all the extractions have completely settled, VERY carefully decant, combine, and gently reduce to 2-3 oz per dream serving. Then in a dream, drink after drinking a caapi brew (2-3 oz) made with the other tec.

This cold soak bark tec has produced marvelous results, but...

WARNING!!! It is VERY STRONG!

Just to be on the safe side...

Another word of caution.

Now, those who know me know that I'm what you might call a "deep sea diver", so hear me well...

When playing around with rootbark, one must be careful. It is not NEARLY as forgiving as leaf.

An experienced dreamer I know, (who admittedly is pretty sensitive) had a challenging experience dreaming of 2g rootbark, with the Bird's phos tec!

Now certainly, YMMV, but if there was ever an occasion to carefully climb the ladder, it is when dreaming of this tec with rootbark.

Another, macho deep sea diver had a somewhat white knuckle rapids ride with 8g in a dream, and although he tends to like the big challenge and managed to ride it out OK, he says he knows it would be too much for some, more sensitive types.

It is also highly suggested that caapi be dreamed, not rue, as rue makes rootbark even less forgiving.

If you have any doubts at all, play it VERY conservatively, until you know where you stand.

the_newcomer
#6 Posted : 3/31/2008 12:34:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This sounds interesting. I may give it a try Smile

Big Inhale
#7 Posted : 3/31/2008 1:53:00 AM

The Enlightend One

What is phophoric acid used for as in what type of store would it be in
RZA

None Of This Is Real!

Entropymancer
#8 Posted : 3/31/2008 2:36:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's used as a flavoring agent in coca cola, and is used for something-or-other in beer brewing.

Foodgrade phosphoric acid can be bought from brewing supply shops.