We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
seizure during breakthrough Options

Nance
#1 Posted : 5/7/2010 9:13:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so ive been smoking the spice for about a month now. I've been smoking it out of a light bulb vaporizer. Its been alot of fun but I wasnt breaking through. I bought I meth pipe and tried it with my Husband. I took 1 hit and broke through to a place I cant fully explain yet. While my soul was off in other dimensions, my body was convulsing on the floor. My husband said it looked like a seizure and he was a little frightened. He said I didnt foam at the mouth or urinate on myself, just convulsed on my back with my hands in the air and my eyes closed. I have no memory of the seizure just of the warp and being taken by what I call "the horned woman".
Has anyone had a similar experience?? Does anyone know what this means????

I am uncertain of everything I thought I was certain of.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

mattimus
#2 Posted : 5/7/2010 9:18:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't worry as I don't believe it was as seizure if you do not have a history of seizures.
Body twitches are natural as your body handles the energy surges, it needs a way to manifest and sometimes this is physical in twitches.
You are lucky that they do not distract you just be careful you don't bang into anything.
The above is quoted from www.google.com

Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful.

Steely
#3 Posted : 5/7/2010 9:22:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattimus wrote:
I wouldn't worry as I don't believe it was as seizure if you do not have a history of seizures.
Body twitches are natural as your body handles the energy surges, it needs a way to manifest and sometimes this is physical in twitches.
You are lucky that they do not distract you just be careful you don't bang into anything.

Couldn't agree more.

I've had little to none body twitches except for one occasion. I was lying on my bed, and was in Hyperspace, while my body started grabbing the bed and trying to sink into it. Pressing itself against the bed trying to pull itself back, out of a reaction from fear.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

Nance
#4 Posted : 5/7/2010 9:41:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont beleive it was a seizure either. more like my soul being sucked out of my body and into all dimensions to quickly for me. like being shot out into space. it felt like i was being pulled my something.
my husband said the 'seizure' was pretty violent but he made sure i didnt hurt myself. i think i'll just always have a baby sister when i breakthrough.
any more incite would be much appreciated.

d*l*b
#5 Posted : 5/7/2010 9:49:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When initially working with spice I often found myself in full body spasms, generally in the comedown phase but also occasionally toward the end of peak. At first they freaked me out but I ended up quite enjoying the sensation! It hasn’t happened in at least a year now.
D × V × F > R

gibran2
#6 Posted : 5/7/2010 10:01:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Nance wrote:

A good breakthrough tends to have that effect. Very happy
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

ghostman
#7 Posted : 5/7/2010 10:18:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nance wrote:

Now that is absolutely normal. Wink
Peace in mind, Love in heart

open'nheart
#8 Posted : 5/8/2010 10:14:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i usually find myself "seizing" or twitching uncontrollably in the come up with ayahuasca. (iv little expirience with smoked spice, so i cant speak to that much)
in the begining the shaking feels more rattleing or violent (or a least more uncomfortable), but after iv become aclimated to the expirience the movements become more rythmic, rocking, soothing...like a dance. iv come to accept it as part of the process and appreciate it very much.

i also hold the notion that the body acts as a vehichle for emotion and expression, and that there is a wisdom of the body unfolding in these movements. releasing... unwinding. i think we human beings have a way of holding emotional pain in the body when our opportunity for release was originally suppressed.
the more awareness i bring into my body, the more i realize that my chronic physical tension patterns are largely build and reinforced by my emotional responce patterns. the human mind/body/spirit complex is a single unified phenomenon, sickness and healing manifest through our entire being.

Blundering_Novice
#9 Posted : 5/8/2010 10:26:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've never encountered seizure of any sort. I am inclined to wonder if it's BECAUSE you haven't fully broken through that you experienced this. When I am 'there,' the idea of my body being able to move doesn't seem plausible to me. Bottom line, I wouldn't be frightened. Just find a very comfy chair you can lean back in and have someone babysit. It could be that some part of your brain that manages motor skills is subconsciously reacting in amazement to what the conscious is undergoing.

#10 Posted : 5/8/2010 11:48:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nance - glad to hear that you had a someone else with you in this situation. I've not heard anyone else report seizures. Like everyone else here, I have no idea about your medical history, and even if I did, wouldn't be qualified to offer you advice ... so if I were you I'd take everything you read here with that in mind.

Safe travels
"at journey's end, we must begin again"

Nance
#11 Posted : 5/9/2010 9:14:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Blundering_Novice wrote:
I've never encountered seizure of any sort. I am inclined to wonder if it's BECAUSE you haven't fully broken through that you experienced this. When I am 'there,' the idea of my body being able to move doesn't seem plausible to me. Bottom line, I wouldn't be frightened. Just find a very comfy chair you can lean back in and have someone babysit. It could be that some part of your brain that manages motor skills is subconsciously reacting in amazement to what the conscious is undergoing.

I had no recollection of these spasms. I didnt even feel like I was in my body. But my husband said I was shaking. I think it was the shock of being sucked through hyperspace. I'm sure I will get used to it over time. I plan on fully exporing this new world.

lyserge
#12 Posted : 5/10/2010 8:20:46 PM

polyfather anomalous

Nance wrote:

Thanks for bringing this up, I have experienced a similar phenomenon on multiple occasions. The only time I've spasmed with Spice was during an otherwise 'normal' tryp; it was blissful and immediately recalled the other time I've spasmed. This was during a festival didgeridoo workshop on the with an older didj wizard, in this beautiful old growth forest Down Under. The workshop consisted of a 15-minute informative session on the didj, followed by a 15-minute playing session where he had us lie down radially in a circle with our feet pointed inwards, head pointed outwards. He walked around the circle playing the didj, and when he got to me he played it up and down my body, holding the end of the didj probably 6 inches to a foot from my body. Everywhere he played, my body vibrated in response; I didn't have my eyes open but it seemed like I must've been almost bouncing on the ground, in very strong wave-like spasms. The whole experience felt blissful.

The two interpretations I see of this are the "physical" and the "non-physical/spiritual". On the physical side the didj, and especially well-made didgeridoos (ie with better resonance), physically vibrates unlike anything I've experienced. The didj wizard is a master of using this to massage the body, and the spasms people experience are a result of the physical vibrations. The "spiritual" interpretation is the same as the "physical", but it considers physical vibrations as a subset of possibilities of vibrations in the multiverse; ie the collection of physical and non-physical planes or levels that make up the multiverse.

The physical interpretation makes sense in the case of the didj, but I don't see how it applies in the case of Spice. I think what's going on here is the Spice is realigning "energies", such as those described in the Eastern magical practices of Acupuncture and T'ai Chi. Have you ever experienced other physical effects or sensations with the Spice, such as tingling or other perturbations? I'd be interested to see what other Nexus folks have experienced as far is this goes.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

sketchydelux
#13 Posted : 5/17/2010 5:13:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nance wrote:
so ive been smoking the spice for about a month now. I've been smoking it out of a light bulb vaporizer. Its been alot of fun but I wasnt breaking through. I bought I meth pipe and tried it with my Husband. I took 1 hit and broke through to a place I cant fully explain yet. While my soul was off in other dimensions, my body was convulsing on the floor. My husband said it looked like a seizure and he was a little frightened. He said I didnt foam at the mouth or urinate on myself, just convulsed on my back with my hands in the air and my eyes closed. I have no memory of the seizure just of the warp and being taken by what I call "the horned woman".

may i ask what other experience with hallucinogens you have?

and

what was going on with you on this particular day

Nance
#14 Posted : 5/17/2010 5:51:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well, during my teen years i only tripped on mushrooms twice. I had a HORRIBLE experience. but no physical problems. just a really scary trip. I stayed away from hallucinogens up until a year ago, when i decided to give mushrooms another chance. I LOVE them now and trip about once or twice a month.

now i have done dmt a bunch more since the "seizure" incident. I havent experienced anything like that. Although ive broken through a few more times, no seizing. I think it might have to do with how much i put in the pipe, about 100mgs. But emotionally, I was in a good space.

sketchydelux
#15 Posted : 5/17/2010 6:31:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nance wrote:
well, during my teen years i only tripped on mushrooms twice. I had a HORRIBLE experience. but no physical problems. just a really scary trip. I stayed away from hallucinogens up until a year ago, when i decided to give mushrooms another chance. I LOVE them now and trip about once or twice a month.

now i have done dmt a bunch more since the "seizure" incident. I havent experienced anything like that. Although ive broken through a few more times, no seizing. I think it might have to do with how much i put in the pipe, about 100mgs. But emotionally, I was in a good space.

i hope its not anything to be alarmed about. i personally have had friends that have had the exact same experience even in moderation with spice. i personally dont have this problem but it concerns me.

i think its involved with the subtle energy body - i really would like to hear some more about what you actually "did" and your mindspace leading up to your episode. was there something that left you more receptive to the spice ?

EgoAnnihilation
#16 Posted : 5/24/2010 11:31:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've never experienced this personally but a friend's girlfriend had a seizure. My friend took care of her, but she had a history of seizures.

Blundering_Novice
#17 Posted : 5/25/2010 1:30:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Just a thought, but could this be related to being 'cold'?

Often people describe feeling a lot colder during and after a DMT trip. If you are feeling cold, your body causes you to shiver as we all know.....Nance do you remember being cold afterwards?

RG113
#18 Posted : 5/25/2010 5:37:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have frequently had tremors during my experiences and i have never felt cold to the point that i would need to shiver. I think its more of a reaction to too much thinking to handle for me.

vovin
#19 Posted : 5/25/2010 7:15:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

Your body will respond to visual stimuli. If you have the sensory input of being pulled or something of that sort it is not uncommon for your body to act in that manner. I would definately make sure you have a sitter with you for future journeys.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

jamie
#20 Posted : 5/25/2010 7:41:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

energy recalibreation.
Long live the unwoke.

12NEXT